PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid’s son involved in serious accident while intoxicated

Love the bleeding heart’s “Woe is me addiction isn’t his fault!” nonsense. He has more than enough money to get a cab or a personal driver. The NFL offers a ride program. He chose to take drugs and get drunk and drive. Now two kids are fighting for their lives thanks to his addiction. I hope those kids pull through, Reid goes to jail, and the children’s family takes him for all he’s worth.
Yeah that addiction excuse is BS when it comes to this. Sure let us have empathy and care to make their lives better, but if you have an addiction then you should lose your privilege on driving a motor vehicle. If youre a threat to yourself you're definitely a threat to others behind a death machine

Now what?

He should be fired unless the enablers take over and save him.
I'm assuming he'll be let go by the Chiefs and then either now or once hes released from the hospital he'll be indicted on a number of counts including DUI which will be upgraded to vehicular manslaughter if the kids don't pull through.

Then a civil suit will be filed.

His live is over. Hopefully.

Love the bleeding heart’s “Woe is me addiction isn’t his fault!” nonsense. He has more than enough money to get a cab or a personal driver. The NFL offers a ride program. He chose to take drugs and get drunk and drive. Now two kids are fighting for their lives thanks to his addiction. I hope those kids pull through, Reid goes to jail, and the children’s family takes him for all he’s worth.

he was drinking at the chiefs facility and leaving work when this happened so they'll be going after the chiefs as well. not surprised the national media is not really reporting this. after all netflix didn't make a docuseries on their linebacker jovan belcher that killed his child's mother then drove to the chiefs facility and shot himself in the parking lot in front of crennel and pioli. so...not surprised.

edit: if this happened thursday night, how come we didn't hear about it until friday night ?

Last edited:
Always viewed addiction as some sort of genetically induced illness, personally my dad and my son have always had significant problems, and I have to fight those tendencies(I have been successful)..

Moving away from that anecdotal evidence I spent a career in Corrections, it seemed as though "apples never felt far from the tree", gotta wonder who is the "carrier" in the Reid family. No judgement of the Reid's, just something the kids/grandkids need to be aware of.

If you have those tendencies you always need to be aware, and if you choose to drink never get behind the wheel of an vehicle.

Yes because I’m sure you know the quality of parenting they’ve had
You could say that if I made a definitive statement which I did not. I was responding to a definitive statement that lamented the poor parents with awful kids with a suggestion that perhaps it was bad parenting and not bad kids.
I know that if my kids did the things Reid’s kids have done I would absolutely question my parenting.

Last edited:
Always viewed addiction as some sort of genetically induced illness, personally my dad and my son have always had significant problems, and I have to fight those tendencies(I have been successful)..

Moving away from that anecdotal evidence I spent a career in Corrections, it seemed as though "apples never felt far from the tree", gotta wonder who is the "carrier" in the Reid family. No judgement of the Reid's, just something the kids/grandkids need to be aware of.

If you have those tendencies you always need to be aware, and if you choose to drink never get behind the wheel of an vehicle.
Having a drinking problem or addiction and choosing to drink and drive when you have more than enough money to afford other options are 2 different things.
while many people want to believe addiction controls people and takes away their free will so they are blameless for using, it certainly doesn’t take away their ability to push a button on their phone s d call an Uber. Had he done that the kid wouldn’t be fighting for his life.
However if we conclude Britt Reid is so demonized by addiction that he couldn’t help himself then he should go to prison for life so he cannot do this again. Because if not, he surely will.

Blaming ‘genetics’ is always such a great excuse for no self control or will, and eliminating responsibility for this sort of stuff. Are some more susceptible? Sure. But doesn’t mean there’s no alternative.

He's referring to addiction. It is genetics. Drunk driving is not genetics. Especially given the family history.

Blaming ‘genetics’ is always such a great excuse for no self control or will, and eliminating responsibility for this sort of stuff. Are some more susceptible? Sure. But doesn’t mean there’s no alternative.
There’s no such thing as free will

I really, really hope these kids pull through okay and that the families of those impacted can find strength in one another. In normal years this wouldn’t be easy, with Covid....I can’t imagine. Its surprising this isn’t dominating the national news. Where’s all of the disgust, sadness and rage? Why aren’t we being force fed arguments of about the mega rich and the impact money has on their decision making and the impact it has on us lowly folk? Not surprisingly, I’m disappointed in the media once again. Between Uber/Lyft, being an employee of the SB ****ing champs, the NFL’s ability to get you anything you want, when you want it....this clown couldn’t find a ****ing car ride home. What a ****.

KC- 4 10:00 news last night.

75% through the broadcast a brief mention of Reids son in an accident that is under further investigation. No more details.

Not a single word about the kids in the hospital. Basically, screw them we have a game to play Sunday. The majority of this stations 10:00 broadcast was focused on the Super Bowl including fans stocking up on alcohol for Super Bowl parties and how the liquor stores were coping with the increased business.

My bet is that they will broadcast more about the seriousness of Reids drunken escapade on Saturday when less people are watching the news.
Aren't you guys in bed with your sisters by 10 pm to watch the news?

Addiction is not something that you can just turn on and off by picking yourself up by the boot straps. Some folks can just stop. Others can't. Ask me how I know.

That being said with all options available in today's day and age he could have got a ride. Or with all the money his family has, he could have checked into a treatment program.

Maybe Andy will pay more attention to the health of his family some day. For now that sadly gets ignored as he is celebrated by the sports and national media for his career sucesses.

What a fcked up country we live in...

he was drinking at the chiefs facility and leaving work when this happened so they'll be going after the chiefs as well. not surprised the national media is not really reporting this. after all netflix didn't make a docuseries on their linebacker jovan belcher that killed his child's mother then drove to the chiefs facility and shot himself in the parking lot in front of crennel and pioli. so...not surprised.

edit: if this happened thursday night, how come we didn't hear about it until friday night ?

The Chiefs somehow seem to skate on all the horrible stuff that’s surrounded that organization for years. I don’t know if it’s because they’re a small market team or because they weren’t really relevant for a while but we get crushed in the national media for under inflated footballs and filming signals. The Chiefs have had a player kill his girlfriend then himself. Had another team employee kill his girlfriend and himself. Drafted a guy knowing he choked and punched his pregnant girlfriend then gave him a lowball deal since they had leverage on him after he broke his kid’s arm and was on the verge of suspension. Traded for a domestic abuser who once threatened a reporter for mentioning the abuse incident. Had a backup Dlineman who was an abuser and child beater. Signed an UDFA DB after he was arrested for burglary and domestic assault in college then cut him when he got arrested again. Had a RB who was on video kicking a woman. Now Andy Reid’s kid potentially killing children.

And that is just recently. Not even delving into some of the Hunt family’s transgressions or Larry Johnson’s domestic abuse and wacky Twitter nonsense. Tim Barnett a multi time abuser given multiple chances. I really don’t get how they don’t get even a fraction of the media scrutiny we get.

damn, this guy plowed into two cars on the side of the road.

was the 5 year old in one of the other cars? or his cars? just curious. while a horrible situation, there may be less of an impact to Reid(s) if it were in a different car. The Reid family seems to have dealt with personal tragedy and drama for a while now so they might be a little less sensitive. i know that sounds horrible to read but unfortunate when someone feels entitled (Britt)

ESPN reported that the two kids were in the back seat in one of the cars. One of the kids has "very critical" head trauma amd has internal injuries. So sad

NFLN making jokes about drinking on their morning show while this story is in the news (or lack of). What a sh$t show under Scumdell.

What bothers me most about these situations: Reid got caught this time. How many times has he done it in the past? How much would expect people around him know he’s a danger? Hard to prove this stuff, but there is just no way in hell that someone with his history made “one terrible mistake.”

Don’t let the media whitewash this. He’s already been arrested previously for a reprehensible, dangerous criminal act. You’re naive if you buy the oncoming PR storm from the Chiefs condemning him but making this seem like an unpredictable event.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back