PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck Retires from NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck would have benefitted from the “Put Some Semblance of a Quality OL In Front of Your Franchise QB While He’s In His Prime” Method.
As well as the "Stop Running an Offense predicated on 20+ Yard Patterns & 7-Step drop-Backs" method.

I'm not down on Luck like some people here but LMAO at him making the HOF. He was top 10 in passer rating exactly...*looks it up*... twice.

For perspective, Romo (who is never making the HOF either) was a top 10 passer rating guy 8 times. Both guys played in clownshoes organizations, and neither one made much hay in the playoffs, so it seems like a fair comp.

I was just about to post something along the lines of this. I spent yesterday doing a great deal of traveling and was listening to national sports radio. Our old friend, Ryan Grigson, got a crap-load of criticism for the way he handled Luck - and the talent surrounding/protecting Luck - back when he was the GM.

So I certainly won't be losing any sleep that that scumbag POS Grigson is being criticized.

Hate to admit it but the Colts actually handled the settlement in the classiest way possible.

The cynic in me wonders if it's hush money for his injuries. That's probably a bit heavy on the conspiracy-theory side of things, though. ;)

The cynic in me wonders if it's hush money for his injuries. That's probably a bit heavy on the conspiracy-theory side of things, though. ;)
Agreed. It's either hush money because the Colts' doctors messed Andrew up good, or they are hoping he comes back and want to leave the door open. It's probably some combination of the two.

There is an obscene amount of love for this guy on the interwebs. I don't get it. Decent QB but didn't win much in the post season and couldn't stay on the field. OL or no OL you have to figure out a way to stay healthy.

I have a similar cynical attitude, but think what may have happened was this... the settlement is that Luck keeps his already-paid bonuses. In return, Luck agreed to retire instead of spending the next 2 years languishing on IR. If he's on IR, they have to pay him so he saved the Colts something like $21 million by retiring.

There is an obscene amount of love for this guy on the interwebs. I don't get it. Decent QB but didn't win much in the post season and couldn't stay on the field. OL or no OL you have to figure out a way to stay healthy.

he was an awesome QB.........he was very productive while the team was light on talent at the skill position........crappy OL got the snot beaten out of him.......not sure if Brady would have lasted to 35 with that OL........if you put some thought into it, you'd get it

I just heard one of the stupidest questions ever.
Mike Greenberg asked whether Andrew Luck would be the 2nd QB after Namath to make the HOF before the age of 40.
Edit Sorry Andy, I'm slow typist.
This is why the 5-year waiting period is in place. Right now is not the right time to evaluate Luck's HOF candidacy. Too much ESPN "hot take" nonsense in the immediate aftermath of his stunning announcement.

In 5 years from now, we can look back and see that the idea he is HOF worthy is a joke.

This is why the 5-year waiting period is in place. Right now is not the right time to evaluate Luck's HOF candidacy. Too much ESPN "hot take" nonsense in the immediate aftermath of his stunning announcement.

In 5 years from now, we can look back and see that the idea he is HOF worthy is a joke.

A hall of fame talent. Not a hall of fame career. No way

he was an awesome QB.........he was very productive while the team was light on talent at the skill position........crappy OL got the snot beaten out of him.......not sure if Brady would have lasted to 35 with that OL........if you put some thought into it, you'd get it

So you are putting him in the HOF?

I just heard one of the stupidest questions ever.
Mike Greenberg asked whether Andrew Luck would be the 2nd QB after Namath to make the HOF before the age of 40.
He's a Jete fan, what do you expect?

Dan Dakich (Indy-based sports guy) on the Dan Patrick show:
Andrew Luck's shoulder injury, which cost him an entire season and is a big part of this cycle of pain and rehab, was entirely the result of a snowboarding accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe