PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

Do all patriot fans have inferiority complexes? You became a member here in Oct 2005 and you reside in Texas so I'm guessing that was a result of the Patriot superbowl victory in the 2004 season? Putting Andre Tippett as your avatar is a nice touch, making people think that you've been a fan since the 80's.. I like your style.
Just what this message board needs, another arrogant Jets troll. :eek:

Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

True...You are right. Mistake admitted. I'm just curious about why he mentioned nothing about Rod Woodson who chose the Pats over the Jets. He derided Jaime because he picked the Jets. If Woodson is often wrong in his opinions/analysis then why didn't he choose to state that as well?

Because you were the one who posted the video, probably trying to prove something which I have yet to figure out.

Obviously you weren't posting that video because of Woodson's comments, so that is all "dicta"

He likes the Jets better. He also illustrates the complete team aspect that I think gives the Jets the advantage as the better team. Now I do think they'll win on Monday, but I did not post this video to prove that. I posted the video to show there is more to the game than Tom Brady vs Mark Sanchez.
And all the football pundits picked the Steelers over the Patriots earlier this season. Plenty of eggs on all their faces.

You tell me the Patriots defensive changes since the first time the Patriots played the Jets. All I hear is the first time they played, the first time they played. Obviously Jets fans only care about the past history (as in week 2), not the manner in which both teams are currently playing.

Grab a pencil and a notepad Einstein, let me make this clear. Past history as has been brought up is your compatriots mentioning Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots successes in past decades. Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and Drew Bledsoe are not playing today, the same way Ken O'Brien won't be coming out of the Jets tunnel. By the definition of the word, yes.. week 2 IS history, but for the most part the players and coaches are the same. The Patriots added Danny Woodhead who couldn't make the Jets active roster so you may have a point in this game being different though, it's like resurrecting Barry Sanders in his prime.

TL;DR: 1980's does not equal week 2 2010.

So by Patriots fans logic:

Every single Jets poster = Troll/Homer

No but posting a video of an nfl analyst saying the jets are "more complete" without providing evidence doesn't really lend itself to an intelligent discussion of the matchup between the two teams. Do you agree?

Last edited:

Grab a pencil and a notepad Einstein, let me make this clear. Past history as has been brought up is your compatriots mentioning Bills, Dolphins, and Patriots successes in past decades. Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, and Drew Bledsoe are not playing today, the same way Ken O'Brien won't be coming out of the Jets tunnel. By the definition of the word, yes.. week 2 IS history, but for the most part the players and coaches are the same. The Patriots added Danny Woodhead who couldn't make the Jets active roster so you may have a point in this game being different though, it's like resurrecting Barry Sanders in his prime.

I don't understand where Woodhead fits into your current point but, in regards to him, every team makes personnel mistakes every now and then ;)

I understand context, you do not understand reality. The past has nothing to do with today's teams. When the patriots and jets play on Monday night, the final score will not be adjusted according to past failures and successes. You can print out 8.5 x 11's of Tom Brady holding up the Lombardi trophy and please yourself* as you wish, but it has no influence on the field Dec 6.

*masturbate

where am I saying it does? I'm saying you shouldn't open your big mouth and bray like a jacka$$ about your world beater Jets when the team history is the worst of any franchise in existence.That's what it is about you Jet fans, always demanding respect for your opinions when almost every season it's the same "SOJ"...you see any other NFL team with a recognized nickname like "Same Old Jets"? How about 19,700 Google references to New York Jet draft blunders?

Try the wading pool before you jump in the deep end...

That's really not surprising. You are a Jets fan, after all. I'll try to make it simple. Trolls make ridiculous comment that are meant to inflame, which is what you did with the claim about trolling Pats fans on your board...

I have no desire to visit another team's board. I don't see the point.
Good for you.

Right. Quality stuff here.

Hoo boy. :rolleyes:

You couldn't answer a simple question about the New England Patriots team in week two of this season versus the New England Patriots team that played Thanksgiving Day. I don't need a lecture about Kelly, Marino, Bledsoe, since I'm talking about THIS SEASON!

I don't understand where Woodhead fits into your current point but, in regards to him, every team makes personnel mistakes every now and then ;)

In regard to week 2 vs today: Woodhead was not yet an integral part of the Patriot offense. I wish I could find the post where one of your fans said that BJGE and Woodhead were much better than Tomlinson and Greene because they have more touchdowns.. or something like that.

I'm not saying the NFL Analyst is right or wrong, but he posted a video from nfl.com what's the big deal?

.....but it is pretty stupid to matchup teams against eachother position by position. (WR vs WR, RB vs RB, etc..)

Who asked you to matchup teams position by position?

So you would rather lose to two playoff teams and beat a subpar team than to beat the colts, steelers, ravens and chargers and lose one game to a subpar team? I don't quite understand.

I'd rather lose close games to good teams than be embarrassed by a bad team. You have only (so far) beaten one team the Jets have lost to. Similarly, the Jets have beaten (so far) one team the Patriots have lost to. We'll have to see how you play vs Green Bay, how the Jets play vs the Steelers, and how we both play vs the Bears. We don't face the Colts or the Chargers.

If I had to lose it would be to a good team in a close game, not a bad team with a rookie QB by 20!

heh heh...OK. forget everything but the past ten years,Einstein...what do you come up with NOW?...jeez, you make a bag of beach sand look like an M.I.T physics grad.

You tell me the Patriots defensive changes since the first time the Patriots played the Jets. All I hear is the first time they played, the first time they played. Obviously Jets fans only care about the past history (as in week 2), not the manner in which both teams are currently playing.

heh heh...OK. forget everything but the past ten years,Einstein...what do you come up with NOW?...jeez, you make a bag of beach sand look like an M.I.T physics grad.

What the hell are you even asking? The Jets have very little success and no titles since 1969. I know that.. what are you getting at 'joker'?

I'd rather lose close games to good teams than be embarrassed by a bad team.
Funny! The 2003 New England Patriots won the Super Bowl. Check the box score of the first game of the season for the Patriots that year. The rest of your garbage is illogical.

In regard to week 2 vs today: Woodhead was not yet an integral part of the Patriot offense. I wish I could find the post where one of your fans said that BJGE and Woodhead were much better than Tomlinson and Greene because they have more touchdowns.. or something like that.

Woodhead IS an integral part of our offense. He has 574 all purpose yards, 344 rushing (at a 5.4 clip) and 230 receiving (at a 9.6 clip). This is also in only 9 games.

Green-Ellis has 627 yards rushing at a 4.3 clip with 9 TDs. While I'm not saying he's better than either of those guys (although he is playing better than LT in the last few weeks) he is having a very nice year in a passing offense.

So, will you admit you are wrong about your statements or not?

Edit: sorry i thought you said woodhead still is not an integral part of the pats offense. my fault

Last edited:

I'd rather have 19,700 references to NYJ draft blunders that are in the past than 600,000 to "patriots cheating scandal"
Definitely a Jets troll!

I'd rather lose close games to good teams than be embarrassed by a bad team. You have only (so far) beaten one team the Jets have lost to. Similarly, the Jets have beaten (so far) one team the Patriots have lost to. We'll have to see how you play vs Green Bay, how the Jets play vs the Steelers, and how we both play vs the Bears. We don't face the Colts or the Chargers.

If I had to lose it would be to a good team in a close game, not a bad team with a rookie QB by 20!

the one HUGE tractor trailer sized hole in your comparison is that the Patriots were ACKNOWLEDGED to be in a retooling phase this season while YOUR Jets were the media darlings and the consensus pick to make the Super Bowl from the AFC. Your spinning like crazy because the Pats were not even supposed to be in any discussion when it comes to the top teams in the AFC never mind the AFC East which was universally ceded to the Green before the season started. You don't see me posting on any Jet boards about how great the Pats are, but we sure do see you green beans posting up a storm here demanding respect...why is that? a deep sense of insecurity? I heard that runs rampant among the Jet faithful...especially after yet another excruciating loss.

First some opinions about differences between week 2 and now:

A) Santonio Holmes as a receiving threat: How will the Patriots deal with him?

B) A 100% Darrelle Revis: Who will he cover and can he be as effective as he has been recently? Revis has held Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, and Terrell Owens to 61 yards total. Will Tom Brady be afraid to throw in his direction?

C)Calvin Pace as a pass rusher/run stoper: He missed the first 4 games of the season. How will his presence in this game help with the pass rush/run game?

D) O-Line improvement: Jets had a 2nd year player starting in only his second game at RG (Matt Slauson). The Patriots had 3 sacks that game. That has only happened 1 other time this season (Hou). Part of that is Mark Sanchez's ability to escape the rush and still make plays. Will a team that's currently 21's in sacks be able to get constant pressure on the QB? Will they be able to contain Sanchez once/if he escapes the pocket?

Besides said differences between week 2 and now...there are some other things I wanna see:

1) Sumthin's gotta give: Either Tom Brady's 25 straight (regular season) home wins will cease or the Jets current 8 straight (regular season) road winning streak cease. Jets are a better road team than home team anyway, winning 11 of the last 15 games on the road including the playoffs.

2) Danny's impact: Will Danny Woodhead and the Patriot running game have an impact in the game vs the Jets? The stats say 'no' he would not. The Jets are the NFL's 4th best rush defense: The Patriots have faced two teams ranked higher: The Chargers (3rd) and the Steelers (1st). They both held the Patriots rushing attack under 100+ yards.

3) Sumthin's gotta give part two: Tom Brady is on Fire. Noticed how I capitalized the F. 23 TD's/4 INT's/2703 passing yards. But he's only passed for 300 + yards twice...vs the Steelers and the Lions. The Jets are 12th in fewest passing YPG (210.6), allow the 4th worst QB rating (75.8), and is tops in the league in lowest completion percentage allowed by opposing QB's (50.3). They held Tom Brady to his 2nd lowest completion percentage this season (55.6), and his 2nd lowest QBR 72.5. Tom Brady has faced 4 teams this season that has allowed fewer passing yardage per game than the Jets. San Diego, Indy, Miami, Baltimore. In those 4 games vs those upper echelon passing defenses Tom has been sacked 11 of his 15 times this season and has thrown for under 200 yards passing in 3 of those games (SD, Miami, Indy).

4) Tom's two losses: They came vs. teams who run the ball well. Jets are 2nd in the league at rushing yards per game and the Cleveland Browns are 12th. They've faced other teams who run the ball well Minnesota (10th) and the Steelers (9th). The Patriots forced the Steelers to play catch-up after getting a huge lead in the game, therefore forcing them to abandon the run. While the rushing attack was able to get the better of the Minnesota and keep Adrian Peterson off the field. In the two games the Patriots lost they were out gained on the ground by 75 (NYJ) and 136 (Cle). Not only did they keep Tom Brady off the field, they eliminated any running threat and thereby putting more pressure on Tom Brady to be flawless.

5) Multifaceted threat: If you can either take away or match the one or two things that another team can do then you've got a good strategy/game plan. Belichick is a master of both. Problem is the Jets are very good at a lot of things and not GREAT any any one or two things. We all know this will be the best rushing offense the Pats will have faced all season. But what else is there? Well...the Jets avg 40.1 net yards punting (5th in the league) and are tied for the league lead with 26 punts killed inside the 20. They are 2nd in the league in kick return average at 26.9. All this adds up to winning the battle of field position. They are 9th in the league with 37 passing plays of 20+ yards and 6th in the league with 9 passing plays of 40+ yards, both ranking are higher than New England's, despite all the Mark Sanchez naysayers out there. The Jets have only allowed 1 300+ passing game all season (Chad Henne) and that was without Darrelle Revis.

Quite frankly...The Patriots have not faced a team this season who is above average with regards to running the ball & defending the run & defending the pass & explosive pass plays with the punting/kicking to win the field position battle all rolled into one. Not to mention the Jets have the 4th best starting field position in the NFL. This is the best combination of offense, defense and special teams in the NFL. This is why I think the Jets will win by a touchdown next Monday.

I predict Jets 27 - Patriots 20.

People want to Jump on the San Diego Chargers bandwagon...but of their 5 losses 3 of them were to teams under .500. Not me sir. Would rather barely win vs sub .500 teams than lose to them

I will be here all week, respectful, and would appreciate the same in return.

Reponses....comments...rebuttals?

Without putting too much time into my reply. Stats are for losers final score's for winners... i think it will be a close game.

San diego had all the stats in the world saying they should win.. they didn't.
Steelers were supposed to be better then us... we beat them... same with the ravens... dolphins and marshal were supposed to throw and run all over us... they didn't

I am not saying we are going to win because i have a feeling this game is going to be very tight and i respect the talent on the jets roster. But as old as this is... Tom Brady is the difference between the teams and BB is a great coach as long as you have those 2 on the field you can throw out all the stats you want but Pats will always have a 50/50 shot.

You don't represent the entire Patriots* franchise. Just because you aren't posting on another board means Pats fans aren't? There are plenty on every board....and the ones that are just there to discuss football actually get to do so without being labeled a troll.

I never said I represented anyone but myself...and my point is well taken...the percentages of Jet trolls here on average dwarfs anything ever experienced at Gang Green...and further, just for the record...just how close are you to SG3?...you agree with what he posts?...you an online friend and Jet buddy of his?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back