PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

You mean the first 10 pages of the thread I started? I wouldn't start a thread then go to page 13 or so.

Thank you for proving that you aren't too bright. That post was in response to 624. Not to you. :bricks:

Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

EIFMP -
Here is my original post (#83)and you failed to address much of what was mentioned, including your gaffe on Jennings.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s-will-prevail-dec-6th-page9.html#post2364663

You also ignored posts by Convertedpatsfan, Rob0729, and others that were posted before mine and were very well written.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you screw up facts, take forever to acknowledge the screw ups, or can't be bothered to reply to people who have taken the time to rebut your argument?

Last edited:

Got anything else? I'll be here all week.

you forgot to tell them..try the veal...

128679851668472808.jpg
So where are the Jets numskulls today?

I did see the game vs the Lions. Calvin Johnson had 4 catches for 81 yards and a touchdown. I don't know if I'd call that a 'win' but he did to VERY well for a rookie. I am giving credit given where it is due and McCourty deserves it.
Do you ever research anything before you post on the PatsFans message board?

Re-Focused: Week 12, Patriots at Lions | ProFootballFocus.com

Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty (+2.3) had a big day with two interceptions. Perhaps more impressively, McCourty only allowed two completions the entire game for a combined 13 yards despite being thrown at seven times. Three of those attempts came against Calvin Johnson, and only one of those were complete as McCourty enhanced his reputation.

EIFMP -
Here is my original post (#83)and you failed to address much of what was mentioned, including your gaffe on Jennings.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s-will-prevail-dec-6th-page9.html#post2364663

You also ignored posts by Convertedpatsfan, Rob0729, and others that were posted before mine and were very well written.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you screw up facts, take forever to acknowledge the screw ups, or can't be bothered to reply to people who have taken the time to rebut your argument?

Hey, I'm a full time grad student buddy. I have work to do. Sorry I can't acknowledge mistakes in a timely manner suitable to your liking.

Thanks for starting the thread. Always nice to see some (reasonably) civil discussion with fans of other teams. :)

Hey, I'm a full time grad student buddy. I have work to do. Sorry I can't acknowledge mistakes in a timely manner suitable to your liking.

You blathered on last night responding to multiple posts. I mentioned Jennings TWICE more beside my original post, yet you said nothing.

So, take your excuses and stuff em.

B) A 100% Darrelle Revis: Who will he cover and can he be as effective as he has been recently? Revis has held Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, and Terrell Owens to 61 yards total. Will Tom Brady be afraid to throw in his direction?
Greg Jennings - 6 catches for 81 yards

NFL Game Center: Green Bay Packers at New York Jets - 2010 Week 8

Keep waving those green pom-poms while posting inaccurate statistics. Keep waving those green pom-poms while cherry picking those statistics. Keep waving those green pom-poms while never watching a New England Patriots game during the 2010 NFL Season.

What you are selling, nobody here is buying!

I'd rather have 19,700 references to NYJ draft blunders that are in the past than 600,000 to "patriots cheating scandal"

OUCH!!!! I hate when the "enemy" throws a bomb that hits the target. ;)

OUCH!!!! I hate when the "enemy" throws a bomb that hits the target. ;)
Please do not feed the Gang Green trolls! :eek:

If you think the officiating in the Denver game was beneficial to the Jets you're out of your mind. Sure, the most important one that everyone saw with Santonio Holmes helped, but it's not as if it was unjustified.

The rest of the game was horrendous regarding the penalties called against the Jets. Rewatch the game, this is undebatable.

When the game was on the line, the officials stepped up and bailed out the Jets. This, too, is "undebatable".

Greg Jennings - 6 catches for 81 yards

NFL Game Center: Green Bay Packers at New York Jets - 2010 Week 8

Keep waving those green pom-poms while posting inaccurate statistics. Keep waving those green pom-poms while cherry picking those statistics. Keep waving those green pom-poms while never watching a New England Patriots game during the 2010 NFL Season.

What you are selling, nobody here is buying!

Same as McCourtey vs Calvin...revis was not on him the whole time. When he was, Jennings was silent

Question for Pats fans, does McCourtey usually play press coverage or is he generally in off position and running with the WR?

Same as McCourtey vs Calvin...revis was not on him the whole time. When he was, Jennings was silent

Question for Pats fans, does McCourtey usually play press coverage or is he generally in off position and running with the WR?
The New England Patriots cornerbacks do not usually play press coverage.

Could you show your proof please that Revis shut down Jennings other than your say so?

And McCourtey changes how he plays depending on the defensive play called.. He plays zone. He plays man. He jams the receivers. He runs with them.

Last edited:

I did see the game vs the Lions. Calvin Johnson had 4 catches for 81 yards and a touchdown. I don't know if I'd call that a 'win' but he did to VERY well for a rookie. I am giving credit given where it is due and McCourty deserves it.

So if Butler is 4th on the depth chart now, who replaced him and how will that replacement do against Edwards?

The Jets receiving core is better than the Steelers. Hines Ward is aged and Mike Wallace, while very good, can not make up for the rest of the receiving options the Jets present this season.

McCourty wasn't on Calvin Johnson the whole time.

McCourty wasn't on Calvin Johnson the whole time.

I think eifmp believes McCourty should be playing both CB spots simultaneously :D

I tried pointing this out to him regarding McCourty's coverage of megatron but he was disturbingly quiet.

I couldn't remember where I found those stats, thanks for that
Jets fans are ill-informed nubiles. I doubt the NY Jets fans that have posted in this thread have even watched a New England Patriots game this year aside from Week 2 against the New York Jets.

Jets fans are ill-informed nubiles. I doubt the NY Jets fans that have posted in this thread have even watched a New England Patriots game this year aside from Week 2 against the New York Jets.

The most frustrating thing is hearing Jets fans claim that the Patriots going winning close games against Indy, Balt and San Diego is not impressive because they were really close yet the Jets losing a close game to Balt was impressive and their miracle wins against lowly competition was also equally as impressive. I don't get that line of thinking.

Not to mention the Pats blew out Pitt.

The most frustrating thing is hearing Jets fans claim that the Patriots going winning close games against Indy, Balt and San Diego is not impressive because they were really close yet the Jets losing a close game to Balt was impressive and their miracle wins against lowly competition was also equally as impressive. I don't get that line of thinking.

Not to mention the Pats blew out Pitt.
Jets fans are egocentric and don't even bother watching other NFL games, as evident by the Jets fans responses within this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST