PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An FYI On Mac Jones

Diggs doesn’t have JC to abuse anymore. Jack is gonna put Diggs in his back pocket by the time they face each other, given how rapidly he is improving. :evil:

Allen is a freak of nature but he will still try to give you the ball from time to time and he will again during one of their regular season games. The Pats can’t squander those opportunities when he does. I’d give the Pats a 20% shot of beating the Bills in their current form. If the Pats continue to trend in the right direction, especially OL and the young pups , by December that number could climb.
Could.
One game at a time.

Remember, whoever we play, when we outcoach them and outplay them, we win.

Diggs doesn’t have JC to abuse anymore. Jack is gonna put Diggs in his back pocket by the time they face each other, given how rapidly he is improving. :evil:

Allen is a freak of nature but he will still try to give you the ball from time to time and he will again during one of their regular season games. The Pats can’t squander those opportunities when he does. I’d give the Pats a 20% shot of beating the Bills in their current form. If the Pats continue to trend in the right direction, especially OL and the young pups , by December that number could climb.
Could.
Is that an optimistic percentage... 20%? You started out with a hot take... Diggs in the back pocket of a rookie DB... but you finished small.

Not that I want to get in the middle of this but I will point out that "he" didn't get the posts removed, I removed them and looking at it again, the number of posts on both sides is essentially even (about 6 each).

That being said, let's stay with the topic at hand since no one is going to win an argument on something none of us have any control over :cool:
Except that you left the one in which he's making stuff up that I've said. That's his MO. Make stuff up about posters to paint them in a certain light. When challenged, he obfuscates, moves goal posts or makes more sh*t up. It's pathetically transparent. Whatever man, he's still a liar no matter how many of my posts are deleted.

I might buy the friction between Jones and Belichick if it was speculated to be related to his performance or perceived starting role. Something like, “I ding my ankle, miss a few games, and you’re hedging on who the starter is!?”

But for it to be related to coaching staff changes and/or quality of coaching seems tough to buy. The offensive coaching, by all accounts has been good. The offense has been shaped and moved in a direction that better suits Jones’ strengths and preferences. Jones also seems like (and I mean this as nicely as possible) a bit of a yes-man, a loyalist, one who will take coaching and instruction without much resistance. I could be wrong about that.

I think that speculation is probably untrue but who knows.

Could.
Great points! Absolutely agree, I'm a realistic fan and try to be realistic with things I post. As we continue to adapt to the post brady era. Allen had all skills ect. when he was drafted for some reason his first 2 seasons he was considered a bust.. all of a sudden dabol, in my humble opinion outside of Flores BB most successful coach as far as a QB is concerned.. then year 3 he blossomed! Jack Jones I've been raving about on here.. each week he gets better and better and move confident and qbs are reluctant to throw in his direction.. JC Jackson was and is overrated as he was last seen getting burned by mahomes... he's a great number 2 corner.. however I'm all in on Jack Jones, physical, instinctive, fiesty, excellent foot work and recovery speed.. mills needs to stay out until that hammy is 100% can't play corner at a high level with a bad hammy.. lastly we just need to stay the course compile as many possible wins as possible.. you have to control the clock and put pressure on buffalo's D to have a shot..

Zappe 72%
Mac 28%

Brady led the NFL in TD passes in 2002.
How many in the playoffs?

That's me not taking a "D'oh!" gracefully. He indeed led the league with 28.

Can we see how his second career NFL start goes before we're flipping Zappe for two firsts?
I hope this is for someone else. Nothing to do with anything I posted.

Interesting.

His PFT show
People change as they get older. Mac is two years out of college, so maybe he has changed. However, clashing with his coaches certainly doesn’t sound like Mac at Alabama, he famously tried to follow the coach’s game plan to a “t”. I have to wonder if this is simply speculation on Flores part.

And as far as whether he is used to hard coaching, his high school coach was high school legend (and famously tough) coach Corky Rodgers, and then four years of a teddy bear of a coach named Nick Saban. I think he is used to hard coaching. ;)

Last edited:
Yep... The 3 Keys to Victory are:

1) Out-coach your opponent;

2) Out-play your opponent;

3) and Out-score your opponent.

Do just those three things, and I can almost guarantee a win.
LOL, based on that, you could even skip 1 and 2 since #3 essentially guarantees a win :cool:

Looks like I missed a fun thread. Just knew @venecol would be in the middle of it :rofl:

Except that you left the one in which he's making stuff up that I've said. That's his MO. Make stuff up about posters to paint them in a certain light. When challenged, he obfuscates, moves goal posts or makes more sh*t up. It's pathetically transparent. Whatever man, he's still a liar no matter how many of my posts are deleted.
Well if he's not working for the NFL then my question is WHY?

Yep... The 3 Keys to Victory are:

1) Out-coach your opponent;

2) Out-play your opponent;

3) and Out-score your opponent.

Do just those three things, and I can almost guarantee a win.
You had to throw in the 'almost' because of Dreith

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back