Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you make this trade?

• Total voters

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wish in one hand and sht in the other... tell me which fills up first?

Nobody is stupid enough to trade an All Pro QB in the same division to Bill Belichick.

I get that media clowns are giddy the Patriots have to reload and Negative Nancy's think Bill has somehow lost it 20 months since the last duck boat parade... but professionals in the NFL actually know better.

Watson's either staying put with Bienenmy as the new coach or getting traded to the NFC. The Dolphins are the only team with the draft capital to make them consider trading inside the division, and frankly they don't have to. The Phins can simply continue the process and keep building well.

I like Watson but theoretically Pats could trade something like "2021 1, 2, 4, and 5" to get pretty high up in the 2021 draft and select a QB... Maybe not Watson-quality, but if its one of the top 4 guys. Then get to keep:
  • 2022 1 and 3
  • RB Damien Harris
  • Sign-and-trade CB JC Jackson
  • QB Jarrett Stidham, "if they want him"
I'd probably offer three 1st round picks and if it doesnt work then move on

Seems right; we might add a 2022 2nd

It will probably take a package like that to get Watson to NE, but that is pretty much the reason why we say no. This team isn't a QB away from a superbowl run. In that sense, having a very expensive QB, both in terms of salary and acquisition cost, will probably just make us another version of the Texans. We need to rebuild this team one piece at a time.

LOL BSPN. This is the worst trade proposal in the history of sports. No fcking way.

Hard pass. Watson just led the Texans to 384 points and a 4-12 record with a WR core that is much better than what the Patriots have. Plus his salary cap hit is immense over the next several years. I would not do it for just the 2021 picks.

Neither team would do this. It would cripple the Pats and it’s not enough value for the Texans. Plus the optics of Caserio trading Watson to the Pats would be horrendous.

There are only two teams that have the draft capital and players to realistically swing a trade for Watson, the Jets and the Dolphins. The Jets can offer Darnold + premium picks and the Dolphins can offer Tua + picks. The Jets have far too many holes though so the Dolphins are the only realistic trade partner.

I wouldn't make that trade for 2010 Rodgers let alone Watson

I like Watson but theoretically Pats could trade something like "2021 1, 2, 4, and 5" to get pretty high up in the 2021 draft and select a QB... Maybe not Watson-quality, but if its one of the top 4 guys. Then get to keep:
  • 2022 1 and 3
  • RB Damien Harris
  • Sign-and-trade CB JC Jackson
  • QB Jarrett Stidham, "if they want him"
But the truth of the matter is Watson is proven and they could trade a lot, pick the wrong guy and get nothing.

All that trade does is turn New England into Watson's Houston Texans: no thanks.

All that trade does is turn New England into Watson's Houston Texans: no thanks.
Pretty much. This is why those trades don’t work. Watson is too valuable for Houston to feel like they got equivalent value in a trade without being prohibitive to their trade partner. It’s like if we traded Brady in his prime. We wouldn’t do it without pretty much 3 or 4 years of all that teams #1’s and 2’s being part of it and some impact play makers. And even then we would probably feel like it’s not worth it

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back