PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Americas worst nightmare hasnt ended yet

I see 10 wins minimum from here.

I’m very bullish - Passing offense is what is holding us back at the moment but in saying that Mac is playing better than any rookie QB and with Josh and continuing developing chemistry with the WRs and TEs - plus these guys are getting more experience in the patriots system.

SB is definitely a push but I can see Divisional game
How far we go will be determined by the speed of Mac's development.

How far we go will be determined by the speed of Mac's development.

Yep exactly. I see 5 more wins with this level of pass play due to a strong D and RBs. But we can over-achieve with Mac10 developing at a faster rate.

Again this is where he has an advantage with Josh and Bill.

Last edited:
I see 10 wins minimum from here.

I’m very bullish - Passing offense is what is holding us back at the moment but in saying that Mac is playing better than any rookie QB and with Josh and continuing developing chemistry with the WRs and TEs - plus these guys are getting more experience in the patriots system.

SB is definitely a push but I can see Divisional game
What is really encouraging is that the Pats are road warriors, 4-0.

We’re 5 points away from being 7-2 and 8 points away from being 8-1. We’re winning by dominating up front on both sides of the ball. Just need to clean up the costly mistakes.

We’re 5 points away from being 7-2 and 8 points away from being 8-1. We’re winning by dominating up front on both sides of the ball. Just need to clean up the costly mistakes.

If the Pats are allowed to undo their mistakes that cost them points then so do the other teams they’ve played.

We’re 5 points away from being 7-2 and 8 points away from being 8-1.

rofl.gif

Here's a chart that covers 2003-2013, and shows the margin of victory percentages:

NFL-MoV-2015-Update.png

More than half of all games are won by 7 points or less. More than one quarter of all games are won by 3 points or less. So "we are just X points away from being..." is pretty much meaningless.

Last edited:
This Pats team has plenty more losses ahead. Way too many mistakes are being committed.

The Browns are a hard team to get a handle on.
This will be a VERY tough game.

Chubb alone can kill us.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if Bill can get Sony back here in time to play. We're in trouble unless some practice squad guy is ready to carry the load.

Buy Trading GIF by AvaTrade

rofl.gif

Here's a chart that covers 2003-2013, and shows the margin of victory percentages:

NFL-MoV-2015-Update.png

More than half of all games are won by 7 points or less. More than one quarter of all games are won by 3 points or less. So "we are just X points away from being..." is pretty much meaningless.
I think it is definitely noteworthy, because one of those games was decided by 1 point (<5%), another by two points (<5%) and the other went into overtime (<10%). No matter which way you slice it, that is rare.

As long as this offense plays mistake free, this team can compete with anyone.

Yes we do. We aren't far from being 8-1 but to be fair we're also less than a handful of plays away from 2-7 if things went the other way.

I wouldn't pencil this team in for a playoff spot just yet. Still have work to do.

Last edited:
I think it is definitely noteworthy, because one of those games was decided by 1 point (<5%), another by two points (<5%) and the other went into overtime (<10%). No matter which way you slice it, that is rare.
It's not at all noteworthy. The NFL doesn't play for points. It plays for wins. That's why we have terms such as "garbage time". Dallas putting up a bunch of meaningless points at the end of their game yesterday is just one example, of goodness only knows how many, of how it's about getting a win, and not necessarily about margin of victory.

And Patriots fans should know that more than any fan base in the league, because we witnessed the better part of two decades of it with Brady/BB.

The first rule of Pats fandom is Never root for the JEST.
We will not root for you. We might root against your opponents.
I never knew how much y'all disliked the Jets, being a fairly new Patriots fans and all.
It seems that the Patriots and Jets are like Bama and Auburn. We never ever pull for Auburn! In fact if Auburn was playing Satan, I would have a very hard time rooting for Auburn!
At least now I know to never ever pull for the Jets, not that I ever did, but now I know the rules!!

I never knew how much y'all disliked the Jets, being a fairly new Patriots fans and all.
It seems that the Patriots and Jets are like Bama and Auburn. We never ever pull for Auburn! In fact if Auburn was playing Satan, I would have a very hard time rooting for Auburn!
At least now I know to never ever pull for the Jets, not that I ever did, but now I know the rules!!
Its pretty much any other AFCE team, we don't root for them. The Jets are special though. Pats have lost coaches and key players to the Jets, so the rivalry is there.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back