PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a crap pair of moves by a front office which deserves to be eviscerated for it. Sadly, that won't happen around here, because "3 Super Bowls" still serves as insulation all these years later.

Letting Welker go for when he is making so little looks to be a bad move although his production declined last year (a lot more drops, a drop in YAC, a drop in yards per catch) and they might know more than us on that production drop. But even then he is productive enough to pay $6 million a year. Time will tell if the Pats were right. If Welker produces like he did this year over the next two years, it is a ridiculously bad move by the Pats.

I don't think signing Amadola is a bad signing on its own. If Welker retired rather than left in free agency, I would be excited about this move. Amadola has the potential to be Welker 2.0 and the guaranteed money isn't all that much on a five year deal. Depending on how the contract structured, this was a good signing if you judge it on its own and not in context of the Welker defection.

They'll always let a guy go a year too soon than a year late.

No guarantees, but we went after Welker when his high was 67 receptions. New guy had 85.

It's a crap pair of moves by a front office which deserves to be eviscerated for it. Sadly, that won't happen around here, because "3 Super Bowls" still serves as insulation all these years later.

My instinct is that moving on from Welker was a dubious move, but your butthurt reaction is simply silly.
They are rebuilding the WR group, got substantially younger, saved money, and decided to revamp the offense away from heavy reliance on Welker.
My feeling is it worked, why reinvent it, but to call it stupid, call for evisceration, or whine and cry is both childish and short sighted.
How you can agree or disagree with a personell change and philosophical shift that corresponds to it without seeing the end result and call yourself 'balanced' is hilarious. Your overreaction is much less intellectual than 'In BB we trust'.

You go with that, troll. In the meantime... buh bye.

He isn't trolling, he is calling out your opinion.
Calling someone who disagrees with you a troll, is actually trolling.

I got an infraction by smessy one time for calling another poster a troll, let alone a mod.

It has been an embarrassing day for our Nur Ab Sal ... ;)

He isn't trolling, he is calling out your opinion.
Calling someone who disagrees with you a troll, is actually trolling.

I told him the other week I'd be more than willing to dig up all he has been wrong on.

Problem is the same every year ... Belichick gets criticism before fans get to see the new seasons plan.

If fans just waited for the new plan they would see the moves make much sense ... I say this every year.

Last edited:
Amendola's health can be a concern, but if you compare Amednola-before-NE to Welker-before-NE, the 2 are very similar. Granted, it's a small sample set (2 years for Welker with really only 3 years for Amendola) but there are definitely some similarities.

I have no doubt Amendola's stats will improve this season with a future HOF-er throwing to him.

Given his many, many screwups since 2007, you'll forgive me if I laugh at your troll posts.

two SB and three Championship Game appearances since 2007....yup what a screw up he is. Any one else in the league able to claim that over that same time period?

I'll save you a post: I know I am just an idiot homer and you are all knowing!

We get it.

I had Danny Amendola on my fantasy team last season, so I watched a lot of his games. He was amazing on the field. Completely phenomenal... when he was on the field... which wasn't that much.

I'll might shed a tear when Amendola goes down with an injury, which has like a 90% chance of happening. I miss Wes already. :-(

I don't think signing Amadola is a bad signing on its own. If Welker retired rather than left in free agency, I would be excited about this move. Amadola has the potential to be Welker 2.0 and the guaranteed money isn't all that much on a five year deal. Depending on how the contract structured, this was a good signing if you judge it on its own and not in context of the Welker defection.

I can agree with this, and I was calling for Amendola as a successor to Welker in the past, although that was (as I recall) before Amendola's last injury:

Amendola - If Welker isn't returning

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/989680-predict-pats-biggest-fa-signing-2013-a-page2.html#post3307681

He's the one I'd want if the Patriots were to let Welker go.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/95/952509-thursday-night-football-arizona-cardinals-st-louis-rams.html#post3182684

I haven't mentioned him yet, but I'd be interested in Danny Amendola if the Rams' tender is low enough. I could see signing him off of a second round tender.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/897057-2012-free-agent-wrs-who-would-you-want-pats-bring-page4.html#post2958440

The problem is that the context matters. Or, perhaps more accurately given the threads today, the context matters to me.

DI should be the GM or head coach of the pats. He knows it all

why is everyone saying $6.1?...$31/5 = $6.2

I had the very same thought. How stupid does Rapaport look when he uses #math in his tweet when he can't even do it.

Seems like the pats are giving Mcdaniels free reign on building the offense. Don't understand why. He did not do a great job with the Broncos or the rams.

McDaniels is responsible for Decker and Thomas and Lloyd. McDaniels had nothing to do with the personnel moves in St. Louis. You also don't seem to realize how many starters they lost on offense when McDaniels was there.

Also I don't understand WTF is going on. They let a player walk who knew the offense and is durable for a player who does not know the offense and is not durable.

So right now their three core passing attack players, Hernandez, Gronk and Amendola all injury prone players likely to miss several games due to injury.

People who have fluke accidents like bone breaks and clavicle dislocations from hits aren't injury prone, contrary to popular belief. There is no amount of working out that you can do that will prevent a bone from breaking if it's hit wrong. Or a joint for separating/dislocating.

I told him the other week I'd be more than willing to dig up all he has been wrong on.

Problem is the same every year ... Belichick gets criticism before fans get to see the new seasons plan.

If fans just waited for the new plan they would see the moves make much sense ... I say this every year.

Please, feel free to go digging. I don't claim to be perfect, so you should be able to find scads of unquestionable examples, given the number of posts I have. The difference is that I don't pretend this front office is perfect, either.

It is more money, clearly. And, yes, they should be eviscerated for it.
You really should wait to see how this pans out before going after the organization. At this point, only time and a couple of seasons will show which side won.

Sometimes you take a chance......but I think we will be ok....so dont jump off the Tobin... BB is always one step ahead of us. I am sure people are going to bad mouth..BB because they have to get rid of there 83 Welker shirt and buy another one....seriously..this will make us more unpredictable....and more dangerious...so wait for the dust to settle...

:youtheman: Bill

Given his many, many screwups since 2007, you'll forgive me if I laugh at your troll posts.

The Pats have had just as many screw ups prior to 2007. People were more forgiving and the Pats had a lot more foundation players when making these screw ups. Here are among the many screw ups prior to 2007 off the top of my head:

Montey Beisel
Donald Hayes (arguably the worst free agent signing of the Belichick era)
Playing chicken with Deion Branch
Trading for Duane Starks
Drafting Bethel Johnson because he was the fastest player in the draft
Drafting Chad Jackson (who wasn't a McDaniels pick like people want to credit him with)
The entire 2006 draft
Not re-signing Asante Samuel when he was cheap

All those moves are just as bad or worse than a lot of things they did from 2007 on.

With all these moves for Mcdaniels guys you have to wonder if BB wins his next superbowl in the next 2 years if he is gonna retire. If that happens i will cry as much as Deus and Dabruinz did today over welker.

Gotta love people who talk out their rear end. All I said is that I was disappointed. Do yourself a favor and get a clue instead of making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back