PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to the McDaniels influence. Josh wanted Lloyd here, and apparently he wanted Amendola too. I'm just thinking that it might be possible that Josh asks BB to keep him. He didn't completely SUCK. He just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

I disagree that having a history with McDaniels means anything more than knowledge of their abilities.
McDaniels isn't championing players just because he once coached them. And BB isn't going to keep a player he thinks doesn't belong because McD asks him too.

I think Lloyd is an effective WR, but he is one that could be upgraded. Frankly we don't really need 3 WRs, except as backup/depth because we will be 2/2/1 almost all the time. If we find a better WR than Llloyd, I think he goes, if not I think he stays.

DI should be the GM or head coach of the pats. He knows it all

The sad part about this post is that I've been right on quite a few of the big decisions made by this team, both in defense of the team's moves (i.e. Cassel) and in opposition to its moves (i.e. O'Connell), yet people such as yourself choose to ignore that and circle the wagons around a team that just made this move.

Well, brainwashing of sports fans isn't new, so it's sad but not surprising.

Not really they're paying at least $3.5 less for Amendola than they did for Welker last year.

We can't sign the 29-30 year old version of Welker that was here then so you cannot compare today. We paid $9.5M for that Welker now we would not come to $6M so something obviously is different.

Yes, really, because it means that they aren't using the running game effectively and they are relying on the offense to carry the defense again.

People who have fluke accidents like bone breaks and clavicle dislocations from hits aren't injury prone, contrary to popular belief. There is no amount of working out that you can do that will prevent a bone from breaking if it's hit wrong. Or a joint for separating/dislocating.

This is true, but I also think it's definitely the case that there are players who know how to play to minimize the odds.

People realize Amendola played 1 game under McDaniels.....right?

I'm sure McDaniels has a feel for him based on pre-season and training camp and such, but it's not like McDaniels was responsible for Amendola's success.

So the context is you wanted him until they got him and then they should be eviscerated for doing what you wanted them to do?

Well, at least we got a little more explosive down the field.

Terrible moves made today. A new low for this front office.

You know, Deus, for someone who was preaching patience regarding the Harvin trade, you sure are damning the Pats pretty quickly.

I don't like the move either, but hardly call them terrible yet.

Sign another WR then get one in the draft to shut people up

The Pats have had just as many screw ups prior to 2007. People were more forgiving and the Pats had a lot more foundation players when making these screw ups. Here are among the many screw ups prior to 2007 off the top of my head:

Montey Beisel
Donald Hayes (arguably the worst free agent signing of the Belichick era)
Playing chicken with Deion Branch
Trading for Duane Starks
Drafting Bethel Johnson because he was the fastest player in the draft
Drafting Chad Jackson (who wasn't a McDaniels pick like people want to credit him with)
The entire 2006 draft
Not re-signing Asante Samuel when he was cheap

All those moves are just as bad or worse than a lot of things they did from 2007 on.

I don't blame the team for Johnson retiring and Bruschi having a stroke, so I don't look down on the Beisel move as much as some do. I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, either, but this is more than just missing on a player, or failing to have an adequate plan B. This is screwing over your top guys. This is Branch, only much worse, IMO.

It's a crap pair of moves by a front office which deserves to be eviscerated for it. Sadly, that won't happen around here, because "3 Super Bowls" still serves as insulation all these years later.

The Patriots have won a lot more than 3 super bowls. They have the best team/organization in the era of the salary cap. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to personnel moves.

Sometimes you take a chance......but I think we will be ok....so dont jump off the Tobin... BB is always one step ahead of us. I am sure people are going to bad mouth..BB because they have to get rid of there 83 Welker shirt and buy another one....seriously..this will make us more unpredictable....and more dangerious...so wait for the dust to settle...

:youtheman: Bill

I get your intent but critquing the Welker decision does not mean we think BB is incompetent by default. The guy is not infallible and some of us simply think he made a mistake.

If everything can be dismissed by the need to quasi worship BB what is the point of this forum?

Getting younger at the receiver position. Relax.

If the Patriots sign another younger WR, and/or draft one, they will have essentially Brady's entire set of weapons locked up for his career.
Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola and ?????? could be the group in place through 2017, with the possiblity of extending Ridley a few years to keep him there too.
That is actually a pretty exciting thought.

Time to load up on defense

I want to see the numbers. They better reflect how injured this guy is.

He will be out within three games. This just seems insane.

I will link to this post within the first three games, right or wrong I will revisit this post.

This guy is no Welker replacement, let's be clear on that. We cannot replace welker nobody can. We can only move on with a modified scheme.

This heavy reliance on Welker stuff absolutely kills me.

They relied on Welker because Gronk/Hernandez were hurt.

Because Lloyd and Branch had trouble getting open.

Because Edelman was fragile.

Because Welker is reliable.

That people would hold that against Welker is crazy.

LOL at this post under WEEI FB Welker topic:

Pats sign Danny "China Doll" Amendola to replace Welker. Unfortunately he got a paper cut signing his 5 year contract and had to be put on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back