PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame the team for Johnson retiring and Bruschi having a stroke, so I don't look down on the Beisel move as much as some do. I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point, either, but this is more than just missing on a player, or failing to have an adequate plan B. This is screwing over your top guys. This is Branch, only much worse, IMO.

Choosing not to want to pay what someone wants is not screwing them over.
Are you really supporting paying more than you feel a players future value is because of his past performance? Really? Your grasping at straws is getting weaker and weaker.

Btw Even though I'm not the greatest fan of the letting go Welker thing and getting Amendola I have a very similar story compared to Amendola in another sport regarding his injuries.

There is a soccer player called Robin Van Persie. It was known that he had all the talent in the world but simply couldn't to save his life stay healthy on the field. He was called a sick note , injury prone etc ... But his club held on to him for 8 years and one season he exploded and became the best player in the league. Honestly nobody in the world thought that would happen but really one day all his injury woes were gone and haven't come back so far. My point is there some unlucky fellas over the years but in a few cases they are really just unlucky. Hopefully Amendola can leave his health problems in St. Louis because everyone that saw him healthy play know that he can be outstanding

LOL at this post under WEEI FB Welker topic:

Pats sign Danny "China Doll" Amendola to replace Welker. Unfortunately he got a paper cut signing his 5 year contract and had to be put on IR.
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I can't stand. Last year, Amendola broke his collarbone, which almost punctured his aorta. That would have probably killed him.

He walked off the field and was back after three weeks.

This heavy reliance on Welker stuff absolutely kills me.

They relied on Welker because Gronk/Hernandez were hurt.

Because Lloyd and Branch had trouble getting open.

Because Edelman was fragile.

Because Welker is reliable.

That people would hold that against Welker is crazy.

Exactly. Somehow people think that we dont throw to the open receiver when we have one who gets open a lot.

You go with that, troll. In the meantime... buh bye.

Too bad you can't put Mods on ignore...

Icy Patriot is no more a troll than you are Deus... You just can't handle being proven wrong. You just call them trolls and put them on ignore instead of admitting you were wrong.

If the Patriots sign another younger WR, and/or draft one, they will have essentially Brady's entire set of weapons locked up for his career.
Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola and ?????? could be the group in place through 2017, with the possiblity of extending Ridley a few years to keep him there too.
That is actually a pretty exciting thought.

Dont forget Ballard. Having him will allow us to run a lot of different stuff.

Having Lloyd, Amendola, Hernandez, Gronk, and Ballard on the field at the same time is :eek:

Having Lloyd, Amendola, Hernandez, Gronk, and Ballard on the field at the same time is :eek:

not 1 deep thread...so that 11% of the time they pass over 20 yards is about to go down

I get your intent but critquing the Welker decision does not mean we think BB is incompetent by default. The guy is not infallible and some of us simply think he made a mistake.

If everything can be dismissed by the need to quasi worship BB what is the point of this forum?

But he gave a reason, and explained himself, part of that reason includes a well deserved level of trust in Belichick. Your characterization that he is blindly worshipping BB and saying he is infallible is inaccurate.

He, in fact, did not dismiss it, he said that his opinion is tempered by the fact that he believes BB is better equipped to make these decisions than any of us are, so he will wait to see the result before daming the move.
That is enormously more open minded than your post.

They paid more for Amendola than they offered to Welker, so this has nothing to do with money for the defense.

I think an effort has been made across the board to get younger at every position today's events just fall in line with the other moves. I think with the exception of Brady BB feels he can get the younger players to do the things he wants them to do better.

The only constant in life is change.

Someone forgot to add Vereen to Brady's list of targets....super soft hands and speed out of the backfield. Putting a balanced offensive attack on the field is probably more important than putting one good weapon on the field (WW).

I'm liking the direction BB is taking the new younger team on offense.

NOW FIX THE DEFENSE ....PLEEEZE :D

I am anxiously excited to see if Lloyd is back. His last few games I saw a different receiver who started going over the middle ... if he adds that to his game he is well worth the money whether here or elsewhere for the same $$$.

I don't think our issue has been WR's stretching the field as much as it has been getting our WR's to go over the middle every once in a while. what good is a WR who you know is going to run up the field on the outside all the time with a QB who is just average throwing the deep ball.

Last edited:
some of you are way too emotional about players.

Root for the laundry and stop buying player jerseys. Your feelings are bound to get hurt.

It's a cut-throat business.

Can anyone seriously tell me this wasn't personal?!

Occams razor.. or my subjective, illogical abuse of it, tells me that it just has to be.

I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Ballard is simply a backup to Gronk and Hernandez and a 3rd TE in situations we use 3 TEs (ie goalline)
I dont think you will ever see 3 TEs 2 WRs and 0 RBs

not 1 deep thread...so that 11% of the time they pass over 20 yards is about to go down

I think you fail to see the potential of having 3 matchup nightmare TE's and 2 productive WR's on the field at the same time.....

Gronk's Y/RC was higher than Mike Wallace's last year. He's not running past DBs, but he can be a huge impact in the second level of defenses.

You are probably correct except for one small problem. The season dosen't start today does it.

Could you be any more of a whiner?

Ballard is simply a backup to Gronk and Hernandez and a 3rd TE in situations we use 3 TEs (ie goalline)
I dont think you will ever see 3 TEs 2 WRs and 0 RBs

You have so much versatility with those 3 TE's it's crazy. They'd be fools to not use all 3 consistently.

You are probably correct except for one small problem. The season dosen't start today does it.

Could you be any more of a whiner?

Nice to know you only follow me the 2 times you visit this site a year..thanks bro

No, they've won 3 Super Bowls, precisely. It's not 2, or 4, it's 3.

Note a post made to me, and its reliance on the 3 rings, which was my point:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...mendola-signed-5-years-page5.html#post3397073

I know how many super bowls they have won. Since 2001, they have only missed the playoff twice, have been to 7 afc championship games and 5 super bowls. Every front office makes mistakes when it comes to personnel. It is way to early to tell if letting Welker walk and signing Amendola was a bad move. I am going to give the front office the benefit of the doubt based on their track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back