PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ameer Abdullah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth a look potentially, but at best he's a very poor man's James White.

Not really what we need right now but could be a better use of a spot than Barner (that sweet block he made notwithstanding).

Seems like Patricia didn't like him much...Inactive Coaches decision. Would he be an upgrade over the Burkmeister?? Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Have to wonder if the Patriots scouted him three Drafts back. One things for sure Abdullah is healthy and not much wear on his tires. Also Super Receiving RB Theo Riddick is coming back for the Lions so that made Abdullah expandable.

Last edited:
Ameer’s sister (or wife)?

Coming out of Nebraska, I thought he would have been a great replacement for Vereen. I don't know if Detroit used him in that role.

He is 1000% better than Barner, I would put in a claim for him.

Coming out of Nebraska, I thought he would have been a great replacement for Vereen. I don't know if Detroit used him in that role.

He is 1000% better than Barner, I would put in a claim for him.
I’d rather have Barner, a guy fighting to have a job in the NFL than Abdullah, a guy trying as hard as he can to piss away a career.

Just cut by Detroit. Could be an upgrade over Barner for depth.

The Lions run-blocking hasn't been close to what the Pats can provide, so I'd think he'd be more productive with the Pats. He's likely to be a legit receiver out of the backfield,too.

OTOH, he had the highest fumble rate coming out of college that I can remember, and has only marginally improved on that in the NFL. I also have no idea if he can pass-protect even a little.

I was very curious what I would get when I was in here.

I must say, I feel kinda disappointed as I was expecting something else...

Worth a look potentially, but at best he's a very poor man's James White.

This hurts as he’s a former husker but unfortunately he’s been a bust. Part of it due to injuries/taking care of the football; part of it was also getting drafted by the lions. Ever since Barry retired they have been to rbs what the jets are to QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back