PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Al Davis has lost it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Davis' crash and burn contiunes...... whatever gag he had in his mouth before yesterday need to be re-inserted.

when moss was signed there was reports that pats worked him out but it wasnt mentioned anything done without davis's permission. but iam sure PFT and all other networks will point this as another instance of pats breaking the rules :rolleyes: even though he also said the broncos also cheated :)

ProFootballTalk.com - DAVIS DROPS LOTS OF POST-PRESS CONFERENCE BOMBSHELLS

As to former Raiders coach Mike Shanahan, whom Davis fired 19 years ago after four regular-season games, Davis was brutally candid: “When Shanahan left me, he went to Denver. He was there for about four or five years as an assistant and they fired him for insubordination. Dan Reeves and he had a big battle. He went to the 49ers and he learned their style of football and when Dan Reeves failed in Denver, the first guy they had was Wade Phillips, I think . . . then he brought Shanahan back. And Shanahan had success. But Shanahan has an asterisk next to those two Super Bowls, because they were caught cheating.”

As to former Raiders coach Jon Gruden, Davis suggested that the 2001 playoff loss to the Patriots doomed the relationship. “The Tuck Game was the undoing of a lot of things,” Davis said.

every team in the league is at fault for the raiders situation.

so he says kiffin whined that he couldnt win with the team but still traded moss even though he knew he could run just because kiffin and others thought they should trade him

Last edited:
Next year he will be crying we tampered with Lamont Jordan.:D

Did anyone who listened to his press conference think it was a little weird the way he was saying this team will win instead of the classic just win baby comments. It sounded like he was kind of desperate snd trying to convince himself of the statement.

Dementia. It usually happens to elderly people who are close to death.

What about Davis tampering with the Patriots and Dwayne Starks in 2005?

wish he had tampered earlier with starks.

What about Davis tampering with the Patriots and Dwayne Starks in 2005?

That was actually us tampering. We needed to get rid of Starks so we sent Asante to work out for the Raiders pertending to be Starks and then the Raiders signed him.

Note: I am aware the timing is not right

how can it be tampering if they traded moss freely and he admits no one else even wanted him?

how can it be tampering if they traded moss freely and he admits no one else even wanted him?

Just because you know a team is trading someone doesn't give you the right to speak to him and work him out. Any info garnered could hurt the trading team in negotiating.

Note: not that it happened here but that is how it could be to answer the ?

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Arlen Specter hasn't picked up on this

allegation, YET.

I'd seen a funny blurb on a Raiders board where Raider fans are not optomistic regarding Al as his mother lived to be 103 years old.:p

al_david_tribute_collage_phixr1.png

To lose something you first have to have it.

I almost let that comment go because it was so clever (high style points), but Al Davis truly did once have "it." The history of the AFL/NFL tells us that Davis had a lot to do with the early success of the league and deserves a lot of credit for the way the league is today. He was always difficult and obnoxious and, yes, offensive, but he was a visionary in his time. He upped the ante on the NFL and was probably as responsible as anyone for creating the conditions that led to the the merger, even tho the credit is usually given to Lamar Hunt and Tex Schramm. It's sad to see him deteriorating in this way without anyone to quietly nudge him off the stage.

well lets help him find it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back