PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Brown Just Unfollowed Eagles, Followed 2 Patriots Players on Instagram

could they allow the Patriots to renegotiate with him before they trade him?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the Patriots can assume all or some of the Eagles cap hit, even if a new contract is not worked out.

I don't see them covering a lot of cap from the Eagles, giving up a high round pick, and also paying Brown.

When you stop being freinds on Facebook that's serious.

Probably going to boycott the joint where the Eagles players buy cheesesteaks as well.
You never been unfriended??? Well it hurts …

Or, we could just draft a 4.39 40 A.J. Brown type in Xavier Leggette.
I think that’s what Philly is thinking.
But we have the cap and we have to spend it.
If we eat the entire cap hit maybe we could get him for a 4th or 5th

Preface by saying it won’t happen, I know it won’t happen and I’m not expecting it to happen:

But imagine they made the trade for Minnesota and got Jefferson and also Brown, talk about taking a putrid offense and making it world class overnight

Preface by saying it won’t happen, I know it won’t happen and I’m not expecting it to happen:

But imagine they made the trade for Minnesota and got Jefferson and also Brown, talk about taking a putrid offense and making it world class overnight
I’d give Wolf a lifetime contract and blank check.

2 Teams, disgruntled both times.
Judging by your user name you have a different perspective of his time with the Titans. I have only seen reports that the Titans GM made a big mistake and that AJ was willing to take less money to stay. I have not seen anything about him being disgruntled and forcing his way out of town. What really happened?

Patriot fan dreams....

If Krafty Bob has to spend it spend it on a sure thing draft Maye and then trade down with the rest of the picks.

Eagles just extended Smith.

I don't get why Smith's 3 year $75 Million contract extension should upset Brown, who signed a 4 year $100 Million contract extension in 2022 with 2024 being one of his mega payout years (the other being the imaginary one that he'll never see at the end). The AAV numbers are pretty close.

A lot of strange things happen in the league, but the Eagles salary cap hit for a this year trade looks ridiculous.

OTC says the $19.125M option bonus isn’t due until September 1, which would mean it goes to the new team rather than being dead money for the Eagles as shown here. I think the cap sites just don’t know how to handle the loophole that lets teams prorate bonuses while still being able to send the responsibility for those payments to the new team in a trade.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back