PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Brown Just Unfollowed Eagles, Followed 2 Patriots Players on Instagram

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
AJ Brown unfollowed the Eagles on Instagram. He followed KJ Osborne and Jacoby Brissett on Instagram. He changed his profile picture to TB12!

Now, we are a week away from the draft. Wolf said today that they have been talking to teams about trading for a WR. AJ Brown might be upset about Devonta Smith getting a new contract and not him. We all know that AJ Brown grew up a Patriots fan. Could AJ Brown be on his way to New England? Of course, its speculation, but lets say this trade is happening. What do you think we gave up to get him?

1713469177183.png

I have believed for a while that Brown was a dark horse candidate to be traded this offseason. He seems to want out of Philly. And the Eagles have to make a decision on DeVonta Smith too.

I have believed for a while that Brown was a dark horse candidate to be traded this offseason. He seems to want out of Philly. And the Eagles have to make a decision on DeVonta Smith too.
Eagles just extended Smith.

Has a lot of talent, but if he's disgruntled on a winning team no thanks

Eagles just extended Smith.

Making it a possibility that Brown could become expendable. But I haven't been following the NFL news the last week. So I missed this.

Even if Brown is traded, I am not sure it will be the Patriots who get him.

I think he's disgruntled that Smith got paid and he didnt. We have the cap space to give him a big contract too. Give the Eagles #34 and we get AJ on a new contract!

I dunno. I am going to hope and allow the thought that a younger coach who's a former 1st round pick himself might be able to deal with a diva WR better than 71 year old Bill Belichick who clearly had a disdain for such shenanigans. I am not under the illusion that he's going to be here more than 3 years, as he seems to wear out his welcome, but this is a top end, elite WR who's in the prime of his career. I'll take him for a reasonable price, knowing that by the time he turns 30, he's going to peace out.

It's something to consider for sure, but that Eagles team had something real fishy going on last year. Starting what? 10-1, then fell off a cliff, to the point there was talk the coach could be fired. How much of that was smoke and how much was fire, not sure, but the wheels came off for a reason. Combine that with a contract dispute (that the Patriots have the cap space to solve), and I could see him being happy here.

That said, these kind of twitter follows/unfollows usually turn out to be a big fat nothing burger.

Eagles might win another super bowl. Why would he leave?

AJ Brown unfollowed the Eagles on Instagram. He followed KJ Osborne and Jacoby Brissett on Instagram. He changed his profile picture to TB12!

Now, we are a week away from the draft. Wolf said today that they have been talking to teams about trading for a WR. AJ Brown might be upset about Devonta Smith getting a new contract and not him. We all know that AJ Brown grew up a Patriots fan. Could AJ Brown be on his way to New England? Of course, its speculation, but lets say this trade is happening. What do you think we gave up to get him?

View attachment 57642

AJ Brown is a stud. If we can get him for our 2025 2nd round pick I'd do it in a heartbeat and also give him that 25m per year contract he probably wants as well.

I didn't realize he is only 26. 27 in two months. I thought he was like 28 or 29.

@PatsFan2 why are you not all over this?

Interesting

The End Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

As others have said I would give up a 2nd plus a big contract. Since he grew up a Pats fan he should be willing to put up with us sucking after getting paid.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back