PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Air Quality Index in Seattle (update: NFL says it's "monitoring the situation")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota sounds reasonable. Neutral location, equidistant too.

I’m in Vancouver, BC, 2 hours north of Seattle. No way a game could be played as of today. The Washington fires have blanketed our city in a haze. We haven’t seen the sun in 4 days. Our AQI was 258 the other day. Here’s what a bright sunny day in Vancouver looks like recently.

1600189854935.jpeg
1600189909265.jpeg

The AQI where I live (closer to the practice facility than Seattle) is 118 today which isn't great but a lot better than it has been (I see patches of blue sky). It is going to rain for the next two days which should completely clean everything up. Also, the VMAC has an indoor practice facility so they can have a full practice if air quality is a concern.

When the AQI is in this range:..air quality conditions are:...as symbolized by this color:
Air Quality Index
(AQI) Values
Levels of Health ConcernColors
0 to 50GoodGreen
51 to 100ModerateYellow
101 to 150Unhealthy for Sensitive GroupsOrange
151 to 200UnhealthyRed
201 to 300Very UnhealthyPurple
301 to 500HazardousMaroon

Here's the ranges if you aren't familiar with the AQI (I wasn't)

It’s probably going to be fine.

I live in Vancouver, B.C and its been terrible here also. We are getting it from the Oregon fires as well as fires we have had in B.C. There has been this terrible haze over the city for days now.

I live in Tacoma. It definitely is terrible however it is improving

Down to 155 today. Still not good but better than yesterday.

We had some bad air here in San Diego over the last 2 weeks.....it's much better now, but for a while the freaking sun was all red and you could look directly at it with your naked eye. Had to walk the pup at 6AM with all the morning dew making it a bit better....still keeping my windows closed and using the AC (versus my window fans).

I think it will be fine by Sunday.....it was far worse in Oregon and Norcal last week...and the Niners played at Levi anyway...

Considering what started one of the fires in California, a gender reveal, why did my gender comment get deleted? Come on now. What are we? Adult males (mostly) or a sewing circle?

"Fortunately for the Patriots and Seahawks, they could come to a similar compromise. Both teams have a bye in Week 6 and could reschedule their game to that date if air conditions fail to improve. "

I'm not sure I'd use the word "fortunately" for the idea of having our bye week in Week 2 :maybenot:

That would svck having the bye now.

Where's a dome when you need one.

With hundreds of scenarios and considerations going into the season with Covid, would have thought that one of those might involve a contingency plan around relocating a game on somewhat short notice if it could be done safely. Maybe that’s expecting a lot though when looking at some of the figureheads involved with this league..

The Seattle mayor should just create a "CHOP" zone inside the stadium and go about bashing the air with clubs and rocks.....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes