2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you fear the most

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries and the refs.

I fear no-one, yet I would not be super confident against anyone either. These injuries have us spluttering along at times, especially on offense. Then there's the refs....

1. Steelers - Offense is deadly, but their defense is hit or miss. Would need Jules/Dola fully healthy, as well as some semblance of a running game

2. Jets - Division opponents in the playoffs always scare me. That defense can get to Brady. The offense is hit or miss. They're essentially the opposite of Pittsburgh in my eyes.

3. Broncos - While the offense wouldn't (theoretically) have the benefit of half a dozen calls, the defense is still a bit frightening. However, I think with a healthier Patriots squad and with HFA all but wrapped up, the Pats could beat Denver by 2 TDs.

4. Chiefs - One of the hottest teams in football right now, but have beat up on several bad teams. Their most impressive wins have been over a Roethlisberger-less Steelers team and the Manning-led Broncos. I don't exactly fear an Andy Reid team in the playoffs either.

5. Bengals - Potentially no Andy Dalton makes this Bengal team even less scary in the playoffs.

6. Texans - LOL

Luckily, only 3 of the top 4 teams I've listed can make the playoffs. That makes it even easier for the Patriots to roll into Santa Clara :D

For me, it's a tough call between Pitt and Denver, I think Pitt has the best Offense in the game and Denver has the best defense, so those games could be challenging.
The team that I would fear least would be the winner of the AFC South, whoever it is.

I picked the Steelers. Yesterday they looked terrible in the first half and great in the second half. Depending on which Steelers team shows up they could be a tough opponent. My biggest fear is the refs. For many of our big plays, there always seems to be a yellow flag and it is rarely in our favor.

I watched Chiefs x Ravens yesterday and despite the scoreboard they were having some difficulties against Jimmy Clausen and the Ravens 3rd stringers. Some of those TD's were result of a fumble returned for a TD, a pick 6 and Harbaugh trying a fake punt that they didn't make inside his 20 yard mark.

Our defensive line would eat Smith alive. The Jets present a bigger challenge imho.

I watched Chiefs x Ravens yesterday and despite the scoreboard they were having some difficulties against Jimmy Clausen and the Ravens 3rd stringers. Some of those TD's were result of a fumble returned for a TD, a pick 6 and Harbaugh trying a fake punt that they didn't make inside his 20 yard mark.

Our defensive line would eat Smith alive. The Jets present a bigger challenge imho.
I haven't seen the Chiefs at all this year-thanks for the insight.

Afraid? Afraid?

...afraid? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You really had me going there.:D

Who do we fear the most??? Apparently whatever team happens to be on a hot streak when the question is posed...

I don't really fear anyone in the AFC assuming we're healthy and play the way we should. However, in recent history, the keys to beating the Patriots in the playoffs have been 1) Have a good/great defense that can cover at every level and 2) Have a few playmakers on offense that can pull some random plays out of their rectums.

Of the teams on that list, I would say Denver qualifies the most. After that Cincy (but I didn't trust them with Dalton, nevermind McCarron).

It does not matter. We shall claw and scratch our way to victory.

Not afraid of anyone if we have HFA throughout. Bring 'em b1tches.

To be honest, I think our defense can reek havoc on any offense in the league including Carolina, and Arizona. With Brady under center and plenty of time to devise a game plan, I think our offense can put up high 20's on anyone. Maybe low 30's.

Said differently, I'm sure glad my team is not facing New England!:D;)

League-wise, I believe our toughest match-ups are "Carolina, Cardinals, Chiefs."

The good news there: Andy Reed still can't manage the game clock. See you in San Francisco! :D:D:D

I haven't seen the Chiefs at all this year-thanks for the insight.

I don't see KC as anything other than the "usual" type of divisional round matchup, should they make it that far.

I put them in the same category as teams like HOU, DEN, etc--teams that we've played well against in the divisional round, even though they had been hot and playing well.

I think this question all depends on when Andy Dalton returns, and since he didn't even have surgery, that kind of points to some expected return for the playoffs. I think there's an assumption that he's somehow out for the year due to a broken thumb, and while I hope that's the case, I expect him back in 3 weeks for the postseason. That would give him 4+ weeks to let the thumb heal properly enough to play.

Assuming Dalton comes back, I'd have Pittsburgh as the team I'd least like to play, with Cincy #2 and Denver #3.

Jets win out, Chiefs win out and Broncos lose to Bengals and seeding becomes
Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, Houston, Steelers and Jets.....interesting

I have to say that no football teams scare me. Those I fear the most are the trainers and orthopedic surgeons, followed by refs and league office.

I fear the league and Goodell do something to screw the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back