PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Playoffs: Chargers @ Steelers game discussion (4:45pm / CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the Chargers feel good about themselves now that they got a garbage time TD. :rolleyes: Man I hate that team. :mad:
hey whatever makes that ass kicking look more respectable lol

man the steelers beat our ass and good

i haven't seen my team's D play quite that bad in a while

even when they were losing close games this year the D looked more competent than what i saw today

that was pathetic
well they were tired and the rest showed for pitts..plus things didnt go the SD way at times which really cascaded eventually down the stretch. the D played well at times stopping on 4th down and all, the score before the half and the tipped INT really killed SD especially the tipped INT after which SD seemed lost all hope instead of just relaxing and continuing to play.
Hopefully they will learn

well they were tired and the rest showed for pitts..plus things didnt go the SD way at times which really cascaded eventually down the stretch. the D played well at times stopping on 4th down and all, the score before the half and the tipped INT really killed SD especially the tipped INT after which SD seemed lost all hope instead of just relaxing and continuing to play.
Hopefully they will learn
the tipped int was a killer but i thought the key plays in the loss were all the 3rd downs allowed to pitt in that opening 3rd qtr drive, that was like a nail in the coffin we never quite came back from, and then that muffed punt via weddle's helmet lol, man that's when you just know it ain't your day

i still can't believe pitt rapes us like that after we held them to 11 in november, when our D was playing worse haha....man

baffling how bad we can play some days

When Rivers threw that TD bomb at the beginning, it looked as if SD would complete the upset sweep for the weekend.

Too bad the Chargers got alot of bad breaks in this game-I thought that PI call in the 4th was bogus, Woodley(I think it was him) should have been flagged for unecessary roughness on that near safety on Rivers, and that INT by Rivers sure looked like it hit the ground before the defender had control of it. And not to mention too Pitt seems to get all the lucky bounces as well, like that punt that hit a Chargers head. Same happened to us when we played them early last month-we were up 13-3 in the 4th and were going to get GREAT field position to close it out, until a punt bounce accidentally hit one of our players-ended up being the turning point.

When Rivers threw that TD bomb at the beginning, it looked as if SD would complete the upset sweep for the weekend.

Too bad the Chargers got alot of bad breaks in this game-I thought that PI call in the 4th was bogus, Woodley(I think it was him) should have been flagged for unecessary roughness on that near safety on Rivers, and that INT by Rivers sure looked like it hit the ground before the defender had control of it. And not to mention too Pitt seems to get all the lucky bounces as well, like that punt that hit a Chargers head. Same happened to us when we played them early last month-we were up 13-3 in the 4th and were going to get GREAT field position to close it out, until a punt bounce accidentally hit one of our players-ended up being the turning point.
i agree with some lucky bounces but i think pitt earned this win totally by gashing our non existant run D, and i thought the refs actually did a great job

i didn't see any play that made me think poor reffing

even on the PI, weddle grabs the wrs arm unneccesarily

I didnt read the whole thread, but what did everyone think of Tomlin challenging that catch, up by 18 with 2 minutes left? You think he'll get the same kind of criticism Belichick got, specifically from TMQ? Yeah didnt think so.

The best part of this outcome was the status of our draft pick:D I don't like either team so I rooted for our pick. It was nice to see The Classy Bowls be one and done, and Ben had a pretty good game for himself yesterday! Even tho I like Ben I'll move on to root for the Squealers to go down:popcorn:

That was one great game for me !

I read this entire thread, it was fun seeing how you guys reacted as the game went on. Lots of "love" during this game for my Steelers LOL!

I read this entire thread, it was fun seeing how you guys reacted as the game went on. Lots of "love" during this game for my Steelers LOL!

Congratulations on the win. As of today, this decade...

1 Super Bowl Championship
4 AFC Championship Appearances
5 AFC North Division Titles
6 playoff berths
7 winning seasons (High: 15-1)

Very impressive.

Congratulations on the win. As of today, this decade...

1 Super Bowl Championship
4 AFC Championship Appearances
5 AFC North Division Titles
6 playoff berths
7 winning seasons (High: 15-1)

Very impressive.

Its not bad. Still got work to do.

I do however thank my lucky stars, that every year, I have hope for greatness each season. Its not like being a Bengals fan or a Lions fan or a Saints fan or a Jets, Bills, Skins, 9ers, Rams, Texans, Titans, Jags, Browns, or whoever I missed that stinks often team. Steelers don't have back to back bad seasons, they are competetive every year, they are always there in the end to make a run. 6 playoff births, not bad in 8 years I guess. The 90s had us in the playoffs 6 times, 80s only 4. 70s, well that goes without saying and prior to that...the dark times.

Its great that in the off season, I don't hope for a regime change or call for new ownership or want my head coach fired or players traded all over the place. Couple things need tweaked, and we can go on being who we are. A great team, year in, year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST