PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Playoffs: Chargers @ Steelers game discussion (4:45pm / CBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Ravens have a better chance of winning by playing in Pittsburgh than they do in San Diego.

Where the F*** was this all day Rivers!?

If the Chargers can get a 3 and out here, they've shown they can move the football through the air... maybe it's not ov.....

Ah, who am I kidding... Baltimore 3 Pittsburgh 2 next week...

With apologies to Meatloaf:

I'm really glad that Eli is out
Prefer the big game with no Giants there
But the Pittsburgh game has me fit to pout
Those golden towels are just so wrong
Like what comes out of me when I drink beers

Can Ravens do what Chargers couldn't do?
Said, "Boo hoo
"Polamalu"
Oh I must believe that they can't win the next two
Wax can't be sad
cause one out of two aint bad
Wax can't be sad
cause one out of two aint bad

---

FWIW, Hey, Naanee Naanee!

Last edited:
Wow, gutsy call. Not smart though hope the Chargers make them pay here.

Of course not 1st down:mad:

Willie Parker was undrafted? WOW. :eek:
That makes Maroney look like a wasted draft pick, IMO. Heck, Sammy Morris, BJGE, and Lamont Jordan make him look like a wasted draft pick. I don't think that the Pats will draft a back that high again.

Last edited:
That makes Maroney look like a wasted draft pick, IMO. Heck, Sammy Morrise, BJGE, and Lamont Jordan make him look like a wasted draft pick. I don't think that the Pats will draft a back that high again.

if i may add, pats skipped picking santonio holmes and traded up to get our good buddy chad jackson

I'm delighted that our Chargers draft pick is apparently safe, but in just about any other year the thought of the Steelers in the SB makes me cringe, so Baltimore better take care of business. We definitely saw the 8 (soon to be 9) loss side of the Chargers today.

Definitely rooting for the NFC winner, preferably the Cardinals. I like a good underdog story.

if i may add, pats skipped picking santonio holmes and traded up to get our good buddy chad jackson

Who knew? :confused2: I thought that Jackson was a good pick at the time.

I'm delighted that our Chargers draft pick is apparently safe, but in just about any other year the thought of the Steelers in the SB makes me cringe, so Baltimore better take care of business. We definitely saw the 8 (soon to be 9) loss side of the Chargers today.

Definitely rooting for the NFC winner, preferably the Cardinals. I like a good underdog story.
balt wont beat pitt. they are playing on fumes and on the road again . i hate both teams frankly but wouldnt mind balt winning
i want eagles to go all the way hopefully

balt wont beat pitt. they are playing on fumes and on the road again . i hate both teams frankly but wouldnt mind balt winning
I don't think they will win either, but now's about the time all the towel wavers start showing up in force on the West coast, so anything to crush them will make me happy.

pitt D will get all the credit again in this game and rightfilly so but SD didnt do itself any favors today

I guess the Chargers feel good about themselves now that they got a garbage time TD. :rolleyes: Man I hate that team. :mad:

I'm wit u.I can't stand Pittsburgh (from Hines Ward to their ****y coach).I think they're going to make it to the SB and lose.

That makes Maroney look like a wasted draft pick, IMO. Heck, Sammy Morris, BJGE, and Lamont Jordan make him look like a wasted draft pick. I don't think that the Pats will draft a back that high again.

Parker doesn't make Maroney look like a wasted draft pick. Maroney makes Maroney look like a wasted draft pick. He's been outperformed by guys drafted in front of him, behind him, and in some cases, not drafted at all.

Keep in mind that a lot of the marquee names at RB over the years have been 1st round draft picks. Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee, Jamal Lewis, Joseph Addai, Chris Johnson, Larry Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush, Warrick Dunn, Edgerrin James, and Steven Jackson were all 1st round selections. Other first day choices include Matt Forte, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Maurice Jones-Drew, Brian Westbrook...hell even Cedric Benson appears to be a late bloomer. It's not fool-proof, as you'll occasionally come across a Trung Canidate or a Curtis Enis, but for the most part, teams get their RB's early in the draft.

Having said that, the Patriots have been fine just plugging in veteran mashers like Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, and Sammy Morris.

Last edited:
How the heck did this Chargers D make a very bad Steelers O look great?

I mean they had NO pass rush, and they couldn't stop their mediocre run game worth a darn. I know they didn't have Merriman, but I've seen worse D's do much better against Pitt.

man the steelers beat our ass and good

i haven't seen my team's D play quite that bad in a while

even when they were losing close games this year the D looked more competent than what i saw today

that was pathetic

Parker doesn't make Maroney look like a wasted draft pick. Maroney makes Maroney look like a wasted draft pick. He's been outperformed by guys drafted in front of him, behind him, and in some cases, not drafted at all.

Keep in mind that a lot of the marquee names at RB over the years have been 1st round draft picks. Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee, Jamal Lewis, Joseph Addai, Chris Johnson, Larry Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush, Warrick Dunn, Edgerrin James, and Steven Jackson were all 1st round selections. Other first day choices include Matt Forte, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Maurice Jones-Drew, Brian Westbrook...hell even Cedric Benson appears to be a late bloomer. It's not fool-proof, as you'll occasionally come across a Trung Canidate or a Curtis Enis, but for the most part, teams get their RB's early in the draft.

Having said that, the Patriots have been fine just plugging in veteran mashers like Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, and Sammy Morris.

Excellent point. It's just ashame that Maroney hasn't been as productive as I thought that he would be. Maybe he will turn the corner next season, because I honestly don't think that the Patriots will cut him.

How the heck did this Chargers D make a very bad Steelers O look great?

I mean they had NO pass rush, and they couldn't stop their mediocre run game worth a darn. I know they didn't have Merriman, but I've seen worse D's do much better against Pitt.
i still can't believe pitt rapes us like that after we held them to 11 in november, when our D was playing worse haha....man

baffling how bad we can play some days

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference