PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Divisional: We're on to the Chargers (Beat LA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have some good Patriots podcast to listen to? I often see a lot of hate on here for Boston media, so I'm hesitant to dive in and waste time. Looking for some solid analysis of the upcoming game. Even if it isn't super positive, as long as it isn't doom and gloom for the sake of getting listens.

Any suggestions? I'm getting antsy here in Ohio!

Does anyone have some good Patriots podcast to listen to? I often see a lot of hate on here for Boston media, so I'm hesitant to dive in and waste time. Looking for some solid analysis of the upcoming game. Even if it isn't super positive, as long as it isn't doom and gloom for the sake of getting listens.

Tom Curran and ex-player Jerod Mayo do a podcast called “Quick Slants,” so you get both a local beat writer and a former player’s perspective. It’s usually a decent listen. The most recent episode has analysis for Sunday’s game.

I hope Brady doesn't throw any boneheaded INTs like he sometimes does in playoff games. We cannot turn the ball over and expect a win.

For X & O's, 3 time Super Bowl Champion Matt Chatham is your guy.

Chargers Preview: Globetrotting LA Returns East to Face Revamped Patriots

His take is pretty solid except his take on Shelton which I think is wrong.

Tom Curran and ex-player Jerod Mayo do a podcast called “Quick Slants,” so you get both a local beat writer and a former player’s perspective. It’s usually a decent listen. The most recent episode has analysis for Sunday’s game.

I think Mayo already predicted us to lose...

Only thing I listen to is PFW in Progress. Nice mix between homerism, pessimism, and realism takes. Plus they are just entertaining to listen to rather you agree or disagree with what they say.

Thought people may find this interesting. Not giving much of an opinion on this game till Saturday personally. Still researching it. BTW for what it is worth PFF seems to believe the Patriots win and they bring up some very good points.

Last edited:
God damn it! PFF thinks we're going to win. It's over! Done! Finite! Might as well not even show up now...:(

I think Mayo already predicted us to lose...
I don’t know if I remember hearing that on the podcast, but he did claim that it was the worst matchup possible so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Curious to see what BB does with Clayborne? If he's a scratch Sunday, we'll know he's in the doghouse.

I like what I saw from Rivers last week, got a sack in a very short period of time on the field.

Question is which aging QB looks worse in this game.. probably Rivers. Like 92-96% probability on that :cool:

I think the Chargers are slightly the better team on a neutral field but homefield advantage, rest and Rivers not playing that well the last month will result in a narrrow Pats win.

Someone forgot to put Brian Hoyer in there as he loves to trail Brady during pre game and shout "Let's Go"! It's nauseating how much he tries to be like Tom.
Better for Hoyer to emulate Brady than vice versa.

I hope Brady doesn't throw any boneheaded INTs like he sometimes does in playoff games. We cannot turn the ball over and expect a win.

Or like he did in Pitt.

Or like he did in Pitt.
The jump ball he threw down the sideline was a smart play. They were down 4, taking a sack there would have been bad. He tried throwing it away in a 50-50 area inside the 10, down 4 that was not a 'bad' INT

It's actually a good question to ponder.

Hollister had some ST value when he was healthy this season, but not much at all on offense as either a blocker or receiver. He was a healthy scratch for wk-15 @PIT, and then hurt his hammy (again) after wk-16 (BUF).

For all we know, Anderson may have been getting some reps with the first team offense since before Christmas. Hard to imagine that he'd be worse at blocking than Hollister, and he does have some significant receiving experience.

With the Pats having only three actual WRs on the roster now, and with Gronk possibly not completely healthy, an extra target who can block may be helpful, at least as a potential outlet target and in-game injury reserve.

OTOH, if Rivers, Clayborn, Kamalu and Davis all sit, that leaves only Flowers, Wise, Simon, HT and KVN as potential edge-rushers. I suppose that Crossen could sit instead of Rivers (or Kamalu). The Pats would still have seven DBs active, although it would be a small hit on ST (two units).

So, IDK. Seems like a few different ways this could go, but I think the Pats are thinner at offensive skill positions than at DB or Edge.

But then, Rivers sacking Rivers would be kinda cool. :)

There certainly is a chance and rationale for Anderson to be active . not as TE but big WR that also plays multiple ST units. Pats don't have a big receiver outside Gronk at the moment. Dressing 5 WRs + Gronk + 2-3 receiving RBs (not to mention Dev!) could seem excessive but it was a regularity with Gordon and playing ST makes it even more manageable (esp. since DP and Dorsett are more of a role players on limited snaps)

Most of all these are games where surprise factor always plays a role and Anderson - with enough NFL experience, coming from ex Pats OC, having all season on the team - and above all zero tape to prepare for - could be it..

Here some tape for those not familiar with him:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back