PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats lost on a fluke play that would happen to a team once a decade if that. Dunno if I’d call that shat the bed.

Ehhhh, that play wouldn't have mattered had the defense been able to stop a nose bleed in the first half.

They seem tight.

It's close to midnight
Something evil's lurking from the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between your eyes
You're paralyzed

Don’t worry, based on some people here the Pats might actually be better off on the road!
Why don't you go hang out with your mutant buddies at Chiefs planetoid so you can root for them and against the Pat's. Your negativity wreaks.

On December 16th, Jim Nantz & Tony Romo broadcasted the Steelers win over the Patriots. One week later, the Steelers season virtually ended with a loss in New Orleans. Romo & Nantz broadcasted that game (Dec 23). On December 30th, Romo & Nantz broadcasted the Ravens division clinching win over Cleveland. One week later, they were in the broadcast booth when the Chargers ended the Ravens season. On January 13th, Romo & Nantz broadcasted the Chargers playoff loss to the Pats. January 20th??

Moral of the story: Romo & Nantz are in the broadcast booth when a team gets a big win. But they are also in the broadcast booth when said team's season ends a week later. I knocked on wood. Also prayed. So there's a chance we don't suffer the same fate as Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & the Chargers.
More f*kin negativity from you. You don't stop. Every post is coming up with crap about how the Patriots are doomed. Then you try to gloss it over with superticious BS and nonsense. Your shtick is getting old dude. Get back on your anxiety meds or stop trolling.

Sure it was. The Colts were running for 6.2 YPC and their receivers had separation. Luck simply couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and had one of the most pathetic games of his career coupled with the Colts just outright abandoning the run far too early. Of course that game was there to be had and very little of that had to do with your defense.

I suppose it's possible that we are talking about different Chiefs/Colts games. I'm referring to the playoff game we just played. Through 3 quarters the Colts rushed for 46 yards on 10 carries. 17 of those yards came on 2 long scrambles by Luck. So the running backs through 3 quarters had 8 carries for 3.63 per carry. Meanwhile we built a huge lead. Save for the blocked punt it would have been 24 to 0 after 3. Their running game wasn't gashing us and it was not a threat that they would outscore us even at 6.2 YPC. In the 4th quarter, they had runs of 20, 11, 14 and 9 yards against a soft soft game is won defense. But to act like the running game was hurting us might be an exaggeration.

Sure it was. The Colts were running for 6.2 YPC and their receivers had separation. Luck simply couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and had one of the most pathetic games of his career coupled with the Colts just outright abandoning the run far too early. Of course that game was there to be had and very little of that had to do with your defense.

And they could have, and should have had more yards. Mack missed read a block on one run that may have sprung him and the Colts simply would not sustain a block. They initiated the blocks but would inexplicably release the defender who in more than one instance made the tackle.

It was mind numbing, yet their pass blocking was very good.

I don't understand what the numbers mean on Tom Curran's tweet. Can someone explain it to me?

Years. Rest of the years are in a follow-up tweet.

I suppose it's possible that we are talking about different Chiefs/Colts games. I'm referring to the playoff game we just played. Through 3 quarters the Colts rushed for 46 yards on 10 carries. 17 of those yards came on 2 long scrambles by Luck. So the running backs through 3 quarters had 8 carries for 3.63 per carry. Meanwhile we built a huge lead. Save for the blocked punt it would have been 24 to 0 after 3. Their running game wasn't gashing us and it was not a threat that they would outscore us even at 6.2 YPC. In the 4th quarter, they had runs of 20, 11, 14 and 9 yards against a soft soft game is won defense. But to act like the running game was hurting us might be an exaggeration.

When was the last time a first year starting QB went to the super bowl? It hasn’t happened since 2001. And when was the last time the MVP won the super bowl the same year? It hasn’t happened since 1999.

When was the last time a first year starting QB went to the super bowl? It hasn’t happened since 2001. And when was the last time the MVP won the super bowl the same year? It hasn’t happened since 1999.

I know Colin Kaepernick did. Not sure if there's been someone since. Was that Russell Wilson's first year as a starter in 2013?

I hear ya. But when was the last time a first year starting quarterback threw 50 touchdowns or 5000 yards? Or had HFA? When was the last first year starter that was MVP? I'm honestly not sure about those last two. When was the last 41 year old quarterback in the Super Bowl? Somethings gotta give.

I hear ya. But when was the last time a first year starting quarterback threw 50 touchdowns or 5000 yards? Or had HFA? When was the last first year starter that was MVP? .

Marino?

More f*kin negativity from you. You don't stop. Every post is coming up with crap about how the Patriots are doomed. Then you try to gloss it over with superticious BS and nonsense. Your shtick is getting old dude. Get back on your anxiety meds or stop trolling.

Not negativity. I am posting facts.

Ok. My giant brain seems to have dropped the ball on this email thing. Sometimes in the really cold weather it doesn't work as good. How do you shut off the emails?

One would have to assume it would be Gronk or Develin. :D

Seriously though; it’s most likely Keion Crossen.

Last edited:
I hear ya. But when was the last time a first year starting quarterback threw 50 touchdowns or 5000 yards? Or had HFA? When was the last first year starter that was MVP? I'm honestly not sure about those last two. When was the last 41 year old quarterback in the Super Bowl? Somethings gotta give.

I agree with you. Personally I think your team is superior to the Pats. Hopefully it's a good game.

The Chiefs almost lost to a godawful team. Meanwhile the Pats DID lose to multiple godawful teams.

All losses on the road too. I hope they finally figure this road problem out.

I know Colin Kaepernick did. Not sure if there's been someone since. Was that Russell Wilson's first year as a starter in 2013?

Russell Wilson played a full season in 2012 before winning the Super Bowl in 2013.

You are correct about Colin Kaepernick - I forgot about him.

But no QB since 2001 won the super bowl his first year as starter. This is what Mahomes is up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST