PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Brady clean and I like our chances. In 2015 he got beat up by a nasty and much better defense than KC at Mile High, arguably tougher place to play than Arrowhead, and was a Gost failed XP from taking that game to OT. OL is key to this game just keep TB clean and he can lead us to victory. Hopefully we get the snap count right this time since Stork gave it away in 2015.

I see why you call yourself contradiction. Rivers had a bad game because he was getting hit. Luck had a bad game because it was his fault. I'm pointing out that Luck was getting hit as much as Rivers and sacked more.

We jumped out early and big. Like we do. And we made them one dimensional. We have huge crowd noise and a really really good pass rush. And the weather was bad. Could Luck have played better? Of course he could have. So could Rivers. Rivers has never been mobile and he's pushing 40. You hit him. You made him worse than he could have been. That's what we did with Luck. You say the game was "easily there for the taking". That's just not true. We dominated them.

I see why you call yourself contradiction. Rivers had a bad game because he was getting hit. Luck had a bad game because it was his fault. I'm pointing out that Luck was getting hit as much as Rivers and sacked more.

We jumped out early and big. Like we do. And we made them one dimensional. We have huge crowd noise and a really really good pass rush. And the weather was bad. Could Luck have played better? Of course he could have. So could Rivers. Rivers has never been mobile and he's pushing 40. You hit him. You made him worse than he could have been. That's what we did with Luck. You say the game was "easily there for the taking". That's just not true. We dominated them.

I agree the Chiefs dominated the Colts last weekend, but you did not dominate the Chargers at Arrowhead a few weeks ago with the division on the line and the Pats just neutered them.

I agree the Chiefs dominated the Colts last weekend, but you did not dominate the Chargers at Arrowhead a few weeks ago with the division on the line and the Pats just neutered them.

And then with HFA on the line, you shat the bed against the Dolphins, losers of 7 of their final 10 games with wins over the Bills, Jets and Patriots.

From 2013 through 2017 (Including two SB wins) the Patriots season has ended with them wearing their away (white) jerseys. The last time their season ended wearing their home jerseys (blue) was the 2012 AFCCG at home against Baltimore.

Sorry. With people saying Kelce isn't an elite receiver, or that Arrowhead may be quiet because it's cold, or people will leave at halftime if we are down two scores, or that Mahomes does "shiny things" it's hard to sort through what is sarcasm and what is just being stupid. I'll try to pay closer attention. I guess you do understand that teams can be much much different at home even with the same players.
Nobody's saying Kelce isn't a top-20 WR. That makes him elite by definition.

Chargers gave up a regular season high of 35pts to the Rams, with a fairly even split of points between halves. Pats scored that in one half against them.

Last year, the Steelers didn't crack 40pts during the regular season. Then they put up 42 in their playoff game...and lost (hahaha).

Would not shock me one bit to see some kind of statistical outlier occur in this Sunday's game. Something like the Pats holding KC to their lowest point total of the year...or the Pats giving up their highest total. After 28-3, or losing a SB in which the Pats put up the most points in regulation out of all 10 SBs they were in, I kind of expect it.

Regards,
Chris

Simply not true man. Luck was barely pressured and threw from a clean pocket on 90% of his throws. He literally played like ****, it's on film. Watch the all 22 they have a free trial period.

You will see the truth! Film don't lie!

Are you coming here after Sunday night to eat crow?

I don't mind coming here and congratulating you guys. I've said from the beginning that I have a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they have accomplished. I haven't bad mouthed the Patriots. I said that the Patriots have had the kind of success I hope the Chiefs could come close to emulating. I've said from the beginning that the game is a coin toss and will come down to mistakes. I've pointed out that we have a high penalty rate and a marginal defense. We may very well lose, and there'd be no shame in it. But pointing out that the Chiefs lost to a 12-4 Chargers team in a meaningful game with playoff ramifications deserves to be reminded that it does in fact happen to all of us.

Reactions: sb1
I don't understand what the numbers mean on Tom Curran's tweet. Can someone explain it to me?

4th down converted - attempts?

The edge went to KC for defense? Huh? KC was 31st in total defense.

They can rush the passer a lot better than we can- but so could the Chargers and they had no answer for Brady and the run schemes.

And then with HFA on the line, you shat the bed against the Dolphins, losers of 7 of their final 10 games with wins over the Bills, Jets and Patriots.

Pats lost on a fluke play that would happen to a team once a decade if that. Dunno if I’d call that shat the bed.

Sure it was. The Colts were running for 6.2 YPC and their receivers had separation. Luck simply couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and had one of the most pathetic games of his career coupled with the Colts just outright abandoning the run far too early. Of course that game was there to be had and very little of that had to do with your defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST