PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go through all of your games on the all 22, but I watched all but a couple live, don't be fooled your defense stinks and it has nothing to do with prevent. Trust us, we have been there, we said the same crap about our defense in 2011, but they just sucked.

I watched your last weeks game you only went prevent on the last drive and it was only for a few plays early in the drive.

Prevent is a strong word. Let's say more bendable. I'm not saying we are great. But I don't think we are as bad as you might think. Especially at home. And the weather and crowd noise will help slow you down a little hopefully. But early on in games we haven't been nearly as bad for whatever reason.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opp 1st Quarter Points/Game on TeamRankings.com

Prevent is a strong word. Let's say more bendable. I'm not saying we are great. But I don't think we are as bad as you might think. Especially at home. And the weather and crowd noise will help slow you down a little hopefully. But early on in games we haven't been nearly as bad for whatever reason.

Just telling you what I saw on film. Last week was more about the Colts failure to execute then it was about your defense. And to be clear I went into the film thinking the opposite.

It took 43pts at home, and a last sec gw fg to win the game. And this time the Pats arent going to be penalty free like they have been at home. No more Jordan rules this time....

Pats this season have been a different team on the road.

KC defense been a different unit at home, and for the better. Def allows avg 17ppg.

This is the healthiest KC been all season. Justin Houston, Eric Berry will both be playing. Scrubs like Josh Shaw, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker, Breeland Speaks wont be on the field for Brady to exploit this time.

KC will finally have their entire OL healthy too.

Sucks losing Hunt because in his short career with KC he really raped the Pats a new one especially in passing game, but thats water under the bridge at this point. Damien Williams has filled in nicely, much better than expected and should be perceived as a threat even though he probably won't be (which for KC may be a good thing).

KC starting OL will finally be 100% healthy across the board. And they may have found themselves a new LG, who dominated last wkn.

My main concern is Chiefs need to stop run and underneath game. Thats all Pats have on offense, but they're good at it. Brady isnt chucking the rock downfield. Its gonna be a cold one, he'll get the ball out fast on short and intermediate stuff attempt to take Houston, Jones, Ford out of game and will dink n dunk all game.

I just dont think itll be enough.

And there isnt anyone on Pats D that's gonna stop Tyreek Hill.

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20
Were you doing the tomahawk chop chant while writing that? If so, please stop it. It makes Chief fans look and sound like morons.

@Froob

wkx82fo6yta21.jpg

It took 43pts at home, and a last sec gw fg to win the game. And this time the Pats arent going to be penalty free like they have been at home. No more Jordan rules this time....

KC defense been a different unit at home, and for the better. Def allows avg 17ppg.

This is the healthiest KC been all season. Justin Houston, Eric Berry will both be playing. Scrubs like Josh Shaw, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker, Breeland Speaks wont be on the field for Brady to exploit this time.

Sucks losing Hunt because in his short career with KC he really raped the Pats a new one especially in passing game, but thats water under the bridge at this point. Damien Williams has filled in nicely, much better than expected and should be perceived as a threat even though he probably won't be (which for KC may be a good thing).

KC starting OL will finally be 100% healthy across the board. And they may have found themselves a new LG, who dominated last wkn.

My main concern is Chiefs need to stop run and underneath game. Thats all Pats have on offense, but they're good at it. Brady isnt chucking the rock downfield. Its gonna be a cold one, he'll get the ball out fast on short and intermediate stuff attempt to take Houston, Jones, Ford out of game and will dink n dunk all game.

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20
Who tf are u

And it took some major gaffes on special teams and secondary breakdowns to allow you to get that close. And if you think the Pats get special calls or Jordan rules I have bridge to sell you.

You are correct and no one can deny that.

And like I told your buddy, your defense is garbage and last week was all about the Colts shutting themselves. It's on film for the world to see or those with gamepass.

The return of Berry will be interesting as he obviously can make a huge difference and cover up a lot on defense. Question is how healthy is he and to what degree is he ready to go. We'll see Sunday.

Your Oline is ok not sure when they were all healthy last, but I don't see any roadgraders. Fortunately for you guys you may not need them to be. Our Dline has had its issues but since the Miami debaucle they seem to have tightened up. We'll see how they respond, they played well in Pittsburgh.

I really wish people would not fall for that narrative. Go back and look at the bullet Brady threw to Edelman and the TD pass to Dorsett those were both 20+ and spot on. The reason people think that is all we have is because they confuse Brady's willingness to take the high percentage play to keep the chains moving over the low percentage deep ball, but make no mistake when it's there he pulls the trigger, which ironically he has probably done more this season than any season I can remember sans Moss.

If you think the cold or the weather will prevent Brady from chucking it deep I will refer you to last week, or any other cold weather game, he is the greatest cold weather QB the NFL has ever seen.

He will do his part taking the aforementioned players out of the game, our Oline will not leave the edge guys one on one play after play. Gronk, Allen and Develin will all chip in and help. Brady won't have the ball tipped like Luck, he literally made no adjustment to avoid those bat downs. And unlike Luck he will hit the wide open backs lurking in the flat.

It won't be by itself. They are going to run it down the Chiefs throats. Would be shocked if we don't have 200 plus yards rushing, if we don't it's probably because we fumbled a lot and that would probably mean a trip to the golf course for the Pat's unless Brady is tearing up you LB corps. But my guess is they play action you guys to death along with a heavy dose of 21 and 22 personal pounding the rock.
On this we agree, fortunately we do have people who can stop him. They will bracket him and drill him coming off the line every play. Gilmore will shutdown Watkins by himself. Chung will hold Kelce to pedestrian numbers and the Pats will force KC to beat them with a run game and high risk throws.
Chiefs 34 Pat's 20

27-17 Pats

Welcome to the board.

Last edited:

You're very possibly me in 2007.

Things were easy. Brady lit up everyone. Broke Manning's single season TD record and the team was just an unstoppable juggernaut. How could we lose?

Turns out as the season wears on and there's more tape things get harder. As the season progressed the Patriots weren't quite blowing out people and barely won over the Giants and Ravens, for example. So saying 'barely lost on the road 2 months ago means we'll definitely win @ home isn't sound logic to me.

The Giants taught us the lesson that the team with the best defense can still win a championship even if facing an incredibly talented offense. When you get to the point where you're just hoping to win a shootout you might have already lost.

Bold prediction: NE has been protecting Gronk. He has a field day! 110 yards 2 tds.

I think it depends a lot on how rusty Berry is, he's covered Gronk well in the past.

If there was ever a time for one last hurrah similar to the first Miami game from Gronk it's probably now.

I think it depends a lot on how rusty Berry is, he's covered Gronk well in the past.

If there was ever a time for one last hurrah similar to the first Miami game from Gronk it's probably now.
Wouldn't it stun KC however if Gronk was just under wraps and was saved for one final hurrah? Nobody on that sideline would expect it. If anything, it could throw their entire gameplan in chaos.

I don't think he will have a lot of targets but the ones he gets will be huge. I can definitely see him on several chips and releases down the seem, especially against zone, with Brady hitting him in the intermediary between the LB and Safety.

casual reference to "raping a new one" seems to beg the question---exactly what is it like to bed down one of them 500 pound KC heiferettes I see occupying 2 seats in your stadium? I mean, whaddya do, take out a tomahawk and chop your way through the fat folds? Holler "sooooey!" and jump in head first? We don't get that many inbreds from YeeHaw Junction round these parts, Buford...so fill us in..

more stats
BB has allowed 40 0r more points 3 times and twice it was against Andy Reid
The chiefs have not allowed more than 30 points at home in 4 years. Its been since 2014.
This is not correct.

The correct stat: Bill Belichick has allowed 40+ points SEVEN times in his career here, and THREE of those came to Andy Reid—and all within the last several years.

2014 (41 points)
2017 (42 points)
2018 (40 points)

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20
Every game is different, friend. Its true, Pats have been doing badly on the road. But let's remember, 3 of those involved former Pats; people who know the Patriots gameplan and how to stop it. I'm not gonna say there still wasn't a way to win those, but this team isn't the same now than the one that played in Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, or even Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't get ****y, though. Getting ****y means you may end up eating the shyte you speak. Lest we forget Chiefs won 6 home games against teams with losing records, a win against a dome team in the cold, and scraped by a struggling Ravens team who stumbled into the playoffs. The other team with a winning record KC lost against.

I'd say the playing field is pretty even considering all that. Should be a good game. I expect a close one. These are two tempered and seasoned teams with proven records that got them in and through the playoffs. Good luck, friend!

At home? Did you happen to factor in the pathetic offenses your defense played against?

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20

#BetAgainstUs

Now it says low of 19° so the game may be warmer than even I predicted. I wonder if there will be a windchill at this point. Looks like it all but disappears Sat afternoon

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20
You are right...but the score imho will be

Kc 84
Ne 3

Si...si...si...

:rolleyes:

At home? Did you happen to factor in the pathetic offenses your defense played against?

Yes. Do you factor in the 6 games you play against three of the four worst offenses in the NFL when you evaluate your defense? Against common opponents, you gave up 24 to the Colts. We gave them 13, 7 from a blocked punt. The Jags scored 31 on you, 14 on us. The Chargers we played twice once 28 and once 29. They scored 28 on you. The Steelers were the only common opponent that scored significantly more on us than on you.

And we dropped 40 on you in your place. I'm scared of your offense. I respect your defense. And if you want to believe ours is the worst defense ever then that's fine. I'm just telling you that I think it's better than you think.

Yes. Do you factor in the 6 games you play against three of the four worst offenses in the NFL when you evaluate your defense? Against common opponents, you gave up 24 to the Colts. We gave them 13, 7 from a blocked punt. The Jags scored 31 on you, 14 on us. The Chargers we played twice once 28 and once 29. They scored 28 on you. The Steelers were the only common opponent that scored significantly more on us than on you.

And we dropped 40 on you in your place. I'm scared of your offense. I respect your defense. And if you want to believe ours is the worst defense ever then that's fine. I'm just telling you that I think it's better than you think.

Why is a game in Week 2 against the Jaguars relevant to any discussion about anything?

In significantly more recent history, the Pats just blew a very good Chargers' team off the field. That same team beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead a month ago. That's a lot better comparator than any of yours'.

It's the AFC Championship Game. Frankly, comparators don't matter. We'll see how it goes, as some old coach often says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST