PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Tyreke. BB should be fired if Hill burns us. Jam the **** out of Kelce. Cheifs have ****ty pass defense. Tom should spread them out. Don't want to see two straight I formation runs.

Their rush defense hasn’t been good either and especially the last 6 in terms of YPC. The colts abandoned the run game.

I think we have to stay pass heavy because that’s what we do best but have to stay balanced also. They have a very good pass rush at home. Wouldn’t you expect them to do some holding and physicality and force the refs to call it at home also?

Have to be creative in all phases. Do we bust out any trick plays? I’d rather see us go down with a very aggressive game plan than one that has us chasing them, the crowd and the refs. Really need to start fast, but easier said than done against a very good team.

You have to expect everything to be better for them at home including what they can get way with, which is no different than any team.

The best way to attack that defense is backs in the passing game.
Would love to gef Patterson the ball in space.
Think he could be a big factor in this game.
Give them a taste of chasing down our fastest guy. Patterson isnt near as good at running routes but he runs people over.
Also dont kick the ball to Hill im sure if Either special team does.
Bill might kill someone.

Inevitably we will kick it to them. I love BB but all coaches tend to outthink themselves in these spots. Maybe not though, we do clearly define times when we’re punting it OOB or high and to the sideline.

Pass defense since week 12 looks great! So... what are the run defense numbers since week 12? Are we still bad?

I think we moved up to top 10. We just had a few egregiously bad YPC games. Our offense has helped at times force other offenses throw more, so probably middle of the road. KC is like 27 which is surprising considering they score a lot.

It feels like Sammy Watkins has had a foot injury since he was drafted

They've been dominant vs the run but I wouldn't exactly say they've faced all-world running attacks.

All we heard was Ingram and Eckler were awesome, even with Ingram being injured. Worked pretty well.

All we heard was Ingram and Eckler were awesome, even with Ingram being injured. Worked pretty well.
We did fine. I think Williams is legit. It'll be a better measuring stick

Hey everyone, chiefs fan here. Obviously we are super excited to be here. As mentioned, it’s been a long time coming for us. And I wouldn’t want to be in the afccg with anyone else. Until proven otherwise the pats are the best in the afc.

We’ve had some really good teams in the past, but we’ve lacked that elite quarterback and it now seems possible that maybe we have found one finally. And it’s a great feeling.

It seems like a coin toss to me. The weather is going to be harsh and it’s probably gonna cause some mistakes. And those mistakes may very well decide the outcome.

As you know, our defense has been not great. I think it’s probably better than you think. We have played with big leads a lot and been in a lot of prevent defenses that give up a lot of yards and points. Bend dont break I guess. It sucks to watch. And we’ve been without Houston and berry a lot. Houston seems back to his old self and berry has made a difference in the halves he has played. And we are better at home defensively.

Offensively we lost hunt and Watkins about the same time. Watkins is back and Williams is coming on strong. He’s not hunt but we are feeling better than we did when the video of hunt came out.

Anyway, I believe the four best teams remain and I’m happy no matter what. The patriots success the past umpteen years is what I hope mahomes can approach. Good luck. I’ll be there in my season ticket seat making that noise.

Hey everyone, chiefs fan here. Obviously we are super excited to be here. As mentioned, it’s been a long time coming for us. And I wouldn’t want to be in the afccg with anyone else. Until proven otherwise the pats are the best in the afc.

We’ve had some really good teams in the past, but we’ve lacked that elite quarterback and it now seems possible that maybe we have found one finally. And it’s a great feeling.

It seems like a coin toss to me. The weather is going to be harsh and it’s probably gonna cause some mistakes. And those mistakes may very well decide the outcome.

As you know, our defense has been not great. I think it’s probably better than you think. We have played with big leads a lot and been in a lot of prevent defenses that give up a lot of yards and points. Bend dont break I guess. It sucks to watch. And we’ve been without Houston and berry a lot. Houston seems back to his old self and berry has made a difference in the halves he has played. And we are better at home defensively.

Offensively we lost hunt and Watkins about the same time. Watkins is back and Williams is coming on strong. He’s not hunt but we are feeling better than we did when the video of hunt came out.

Anyway, I believe the four best teams remain and I’m happy no matter what. The patriots success the past umpteen years is what I hope mahomes can approach. Good luck. I’ll be there in my season ticket seat making that noise.
I hope you don't do that insipid tomahawk chop chant. It makes the entire stadium look and sound like a bunch of morons.

Very classy. This is how I wish Patriots/Chiefs fans could treat eachother.

In my opinion, its going to be a battle. Your Chiefs are great, however wtf is up with my Patriots? Tom Brady, the Patriots twitter and now Kyle Van Noy are acting extremely unPatriot like with their comments against the doubters. Theres a fire inside Brady right now. I love it!

Welcome to the forum.

I hope your team loses. ;)

more stats
BB has allowed 40 0r more points 3 times and twice it was against Andy Reid
The chiefs have not allowed more than 30 points at home in 4 years. Its been since 2014.

The conventional wisdom has been that the key to beating us by running the ball and keeping us off the field. So far has not been the case. Teams that have beat us have won shootouts. We have lost 4 games and scored at least 40 in two of them and never less than 28. I'm more worried about Brady putting up 40 on us than I am you holding us to 21. I do wish it was going to be 40 degrees and nice. Weather shouldn't decide the outcome of a game this important.

I didn't go through all of your games on the all 22, but I watched all but a couple live, don't be fooled your defense stinks and it has nothing to do with prevent. Trust us, we have been there, we said the same crap about our defense in 2011, but they just sucked.

I watched your last weeks game you only went prevent on the last drive and it was only for a few plays early in the drive.

It took 43pts at home, and a last sec gw fg to win the game. And this time the Pats arent going to be penalty free like they have been at home. No more Jordan rules this time....

Pats this season have been a different team on the road.

KC defense been a different unit at home, and for the better. Def allows avg 17ppg.

This is the healthiest KC been all season. Justin Houston, Eric Berry will both be playing. Scrubs like Josh Shaw, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker, Breeland Speaks wont be on the field for Brady to exploit this time.

KC will finally have their entire OL healthy too.

Sucks losing Hunt because in his short career with KC he really raped the Pats a new one especially in passing game, but thats water under the bridge at this point. Damien Williams has filled in nicely, much better than expected and should be perceived as a threat even though he probably won't be (which for KC may be a good thing).

KC starting OL will finally be 100% healthy across the board. And they may have found themselves a new LG, who dominated last wkn.

My main concern is Chiefs need to stop run and underneath game. Thats all Pats have on offense, but they're good at it. Brady isnt chucking the rock downfield. Its gonna be a cold one, he'll get the ball out fast on short and intermediate stuff attempt to take Houston, Jones, Ford out of game and will dink n dunk all game.

I just dont think itll be enough.

And there isnt anyone on Pats D that's gonna stop Tyreek Hill.

Chiefs 34 Pat's 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference