PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphries: "Who knows how many (years) he’s got left?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you’re gonna be stuck with Mariota for how many years? What a dumbass.

I know we are spoiled by it but I think Adam Humphries doesn't know how hard it is to get to the Big Game much-less win it. He'll learn soon enough some players have Great careers and Never even sniff a Conference Championship. I Hope you are one of them Adam.:D

And you’re gonna be stuck with Mariota for how many years? What a dumbass.

You can't put the fragile Mariota and many in the same sentence. One saving grace for Humpries is the Trade that got Ryan Tannehill there Tanne will be playing soon enough. Though not known for his durability he's more durable and better than Mariota. Mike Vrabel's H Coaching career will ride of the decision to invest in Mariota or not...I hope he does not. Mariota have buyer beware written all over him.

In his 4 year career the most yards Mariota has thrown for is 3426.

The last time Brady didn't throw for more than that was in 2001(exception of 2008 of course). Given that he was named Super Bowl MVP that year I think we can forgive his poor passing yardage :D

I think the better question is how many good years does Mariota have left?

Little chance Mariota will retire before Brady...
Mariota's in serious trouble. He's not been able to stay healthy and his QBR has gone down each of the last 3 years. If I was a Titans GM, I'd be looking for a replacement very hard right now.

This might be an unpopular opinion but if I was a GM, I would rather roll with Jacoby Brissett, a mediocre talent who can at least stay healthy and lead the team, than a Marcus Mariota who has talent but hasn't translated into actual success. At least with Brissett I'd know who was taking the ball every Sunday and could game plan around his weaknesses.

Mariota's in serious trouble. He's not been able to stay healthy and his QBR has gone down each of the last 3 years. If I was a Titans GM, I'd be looking for a replacement very hard right now.

This might be an unpopular opinion but if I was a GM, I would rather roll with Jacoby Brissett, a mediocre talent who can at least stay healthy and lead the team, than a Marcus Mariota who has talent but hasn't translated into actual success. At least with Brissett I'd know who was taking the ball every Sunday and could game plan around his weaknesses.

I agree with everything until the Biscuit part.:D The Titans picked up his 20Mill option for this year so if Mariota can stay healthy have a decent year then I can see a Brinks truck type extension. Anything South of that it should be bye bye.

I agree with everything until the Biscuit part.:D The Titans picked up his 20Mill option for this year so if Mariota can stay healthy have a decent year then I can see a Brinks truck type extension. Anything South of that it should be bye bye.
Another point in Biscuit's favor then -- he's cheap. :)

More seriously, Mariota's stock has plummeted in the last 2 years, this used to be a laughable comparison, not so much anymore. Especially because Brissett's TD/INT ratio in 2018 was better than either of Mariota's last 2 years.

Ha I still laugh at that name based on the trash talking he and BB had in 2009....then I laugh even more that Mason actually tried to claim it was racist and disrespectful on BB's part.

Still bummed that Steve Smith never got on the plane to NE after visiting Baltimore however.

So everyone is mad at him for being candid? I don’t know what the outrage is all about. He went out of his way to praise Brady and called him the GOAT but he just acknowledged that TB12’s age factored into it. I would rather players be honest (other than our own in fear of pissing off Bill) because it’s interesting to see some of their reasoning for the most important decision of their lives.

So everyone is mad at him for being candid? I don’t know what the outrage is all about. He went out of his way to praise Brady and called him the GOAT but he just acknowledged that TB12’s age factored into it. I would rather players be honest (other than our own in fear of pissing off Bill) because it’s interesting to see some of their reasoning for the most important decision of their lives.

Since I'm the OP this is my issue with what he said.

The issue is not him being candid. What he said is actually a legitimate concern. The issue I have is his reasoning is flawed.

Mariota is a FA after this year. There is as much of a guarantee he is in TN next year as there is Tom is in NE in 2020.

With that said if he thinks he'll have a better 2019 with Mariota than Tom Brady that is also fanciful but that's besides the point.

I would have been totally fine if he said "Tom is a FA after this year". or "Mariota and I hit it off and I think we will have a great repore on and off the field".

Since I'm the OP this is my issue with what he said.

The issue is not him being candid. What he said is actually a legitimate concern. The issue I have is his reasoning is flawed.

Mariota is a FA after this year. There is as much of a guarantee he is in TN next year as there is Tom is in NE in 2020.

With that said if he thinks he'll have a better 2019 with Mariota than Tom Brady that is also fanciful but that's besides the point.

I would have been totally fine if he said "Tom is a FA after this year". or "Mariota and I hit it off and I think we will have a great repore on and off the field".
I agree with you. I understand his reasoning but I agree that it’s flawed. As it stands Brady is under contract longer than Mariota not to mention that Brady, on average plays far more games a season than Mariota (knock on wood). I appreciate him giving what I assume to be an honest assessment of why he signed with the Titans but I think it wasn’t the best choice.

I agree with you. I understand his reasoning but I agree that it’s flawed. As it stands Brady is under contract longer than Mariota not to mention that Brady, on average plays far more games a season than Mariota (knock on wood). I appreciate him giving what I assume to be an honest assessment of why he signed with the Titans but I think it wasn’t the best choice.
Yep.

I can't think of a single WR here which depreciated in value during their prime when they left NE. Thats b/c of the QB, system and coach.

I like humphries but I believe I’m on record as saying he’s not a 10 mil a year player.

I like humphries but I believe I’m on record as saying he’s not a 10 mil a year player.
I think he would have been worth it. In his prime at 26 now and I could have envisioned him as a 100 catch, 1,100 yard 8 TD receiver and 1A/1B option with Edelman.

I think he would have been worth it. In his prime at 26 now and I could have envisioned him as a 100 catch, 1,100 yard 8 TD receiver and 1A/1B option with Edelman.
Not with Edelman on the field. Too much alike - do not think Edelman is going to play that much outside and Humphries is a pure slot guy. Amendola never had those numbers with Edelman playing. Edit: This may really be why he turned us down

Last edited:
Not with Edelman on the field. Too much alike - do not think Edelman is going to play that much outside and Humphries is a pure slot guy. Amendola never had those numbers with Edelman playing. Edit: This may really be why he turned us down
Yes, but I consider Humphries a much better player than Amendola. That being said, just adding Humphries wouldn't have happened. If we sign Humphries, is there a Harry, is there a Bennett? Probably not. Probably more like Humphries/Clayborn or Bennett/Harry for 2019?

maybe he’s confused mariota with mahomes

I didn't think he was either. I think the 4/40 the NEP were rumored to have offered is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back