PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He managed to play a total of one game before getting himself jettisoned from Oakland and New England.

With him I'd say all bets are off.
Kraft jettisoned him from New England.

Wow. That's a lot of innuendo. Maybe, but Curran reported that it was Kraft who forced BB to cut Brown. No one reported that it was BB who wanted Brown gone or that Curran was wrong.
Speaking of innuendo, Current did not report that Kraft "forced" Belichick to cut Brown. He reported that they had a discussion and by the end of it, Belichick agreed with Kraft that Brown should be cut. So for all the information you (don't) have you could have equally as well have said "convinced" rather than "forced", but that wouldn't have fit your agenda.

For all we know, BB was on the fence but leaning towards keeping Brown and that conversation got him to lean the other way. They had already been burned by not being told about the lawsuit.

One thing none of us know is what rules BB said Brown had to follow when they signed him. Given that BB is a coach who benched a star receiver for the first series of a playoff game for making foot jokes, or benched a year-long starter in the Superbowl because he got dissatisfied with him, or sent several starters home from practice because they were late in a nasty snowstorm, I don't know why people pretend it is so incredibly far-fetched that BB would be on the fence (or worse) about Brown if he broke the rules they told him he had to follow. Don't forget that several times after they signed him and before they cut him he posted something to social media and the fairly quickly deleted it; on the social media front he was clearly having trouble obeying whatever rules they had laid down for him. One wonders what other rules he was running afoul of.

Last edited:
Speaking of innuendo, Current did not report that Kraft "forced" Belichick to cut Brown. He reported that they had a discussion and by the end of it, Belichick agreed with Kraft that Brown should be cut. So for all the information you (don't) have you could have equally as well have said "convinced" rather than "forced", but that wouldn't have fit your agenda.

so once the word mincing is done, what's the point here? that he should not have been cut? because there was no chance in him winding up on the exempt list?

on one hand, it's only entertainment so who gives a crap about what he does off the field, right?

it's amazing how cheaply people will go soulless

Walking wounded at WR and we haven't signed AB back lol

Multiple inside sources have confirmed to multiple reporters that Kraft forced the issue and asked BB to release AB. This was reported in numerous articles. I am not going to go and find all the links. Go through that 600 page thread. Sorry but you are wrong.
Not buying what Curran reported at all. Hes another leap before you look "reporter".

All rumors and speculation.

Tin foil hat reporting on the same level as interpreting likes on an Instagram account.

-BB is pissed as hell b/c AB didn't comply with team rules. Was most likely going to be inactive or play sparingly the following game
-NFL notifies Kraft/BB of their concerns
-League says it will put him on the exempt list because of the texts
-Kraft/BB asks how long that is. They don't give and answer.
-BB and Kraft discuss if its worth keeping and paying this guy $4.5m on 9/23 while on the exempt list
-BB says no

Wow. That's a lot of innuendo. Maybe, but Curran reported that it was Kraft who forced BB to cut Brown. No one reported that it was BB who wanted Brown gone or that Curran was wrong.
You have way more faith and belief in Curran's reporting than I do. He'll say anything to keep his tv gig and not go back to working the beat for the ProJo

He's the biggest tin foil hat personality in this town not named Felger.

....because of HIS (AB) actions so HE caused it just like he would be at high risk of doing again.
Kraft did what Kraft has been doing of late - bending to pressure. He over reacted and it’s played a big part in costing the team one game now because they found themselves in a high-scoring contest that they couldn’t keep up in. Now we have to hope that the rookie (Harry) grows up in a hurry.

You left out a huge part of Curran’s report. He said Brown would probably still be with the Patriots today if Kraft hadn’t intervened.

He managed to play a total of one game before getting himself jettisoned from Oakland and New England.

With him I'd say all bets are off.

Exactly. Bad divorces from 3 teams in a 9 month period should be an obvious conclusion to any rational observer.

Exactly. Bad divorces from 3 teams in a 9 month period should be an obvious conclusion to any rational observer.

except to the whiners who start to get nervous because their team is 9-1

so once the word mincing is done, what's the point here? that he should not have been cut? because there was no chance in him winding up on the exempt list?

on one hand, it's only entertainment so who gives a crap about what he does off the field, right?

it's amazing how cheaply people will go soulless

If I'm not mistaken, I think Quantum was saying the exact opposite, actually.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Quantum was saying the exact opposite, actually.

my point still stands even if it is not relevant to what he said.........I'm just a dog barking at a parked car

Kraft did what Kraft has been doing of late - bending to pressure. He over reacted and it’s played a big part in costing the team one game now because they found themselves in a high-scoring contest that they couldn’t keep up in. Now we have to hope that the rookie (Harry) grows up in a hurry.

They lost because the Defense couldn't stop Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore run game. Plus Edelman coughed up the (at that time) go ahead drive. I think you're looking in the wrong direction concerning that particular game.

The Offense gets a professional LT this Sunday. In a couple of weeks they'll have Dorset and Sanu back.

my point still stands even if it is not relevant to what he said.........I'm just a dog barking at a parked car

Imagine if Deus had the self confidence to actually write something like that! :p

If they're gonna sign him next week is the week to do it. Hope it gets buried somewhat with Thanksgiving.

They lost because the Defense couldn't stop Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore run game. Plus Edelman coughed up the (at that time) go ahead drive. I think you're looking in the wrong direction concerning that particular game.

The Offense gets a professional LT this Sunday. In a couple of weeks they'll have Dorset and Sanu back.

Yeah. They lost because the defense ran into a bad opponent, couldn’t stop them, and our offense couldn’t keep up. Teams, when they get into the playoffs, find themselves in both situations - having to lean on defense in some games and having to lean on offense in others. We will too if we want to get back to the Super Bowl. Hopefully the guys we have in house are up to the task.

How are you seeing the offense getting fixed? Are you thinking that Harry becomes dominant as the season goes on and begins demanding double teams (meaning teams move out of Cover-1 and into Cover-2)? How about the running game? Obviously Wynn will help, but we’re still missing the fullback which was key for us last year in establishing a power running game. Are you thinking Roberts will get better and fix the position enough to give Sony more room?

Comments:

a.) This is why I posted that we should have presumed guilt and suspended AB pending the NFL's investigation before he even played in Miami. We are still going to pay AB and could have had him stay at home all this time and pressured the NFL to conduct its investigation sooner...the NFL interviewed AB just last week (week 10) a full 8 weeks after we cut him... if he were on our suspended roster, I think that interview happens in week 4 or 5ish....and maybe AB would be playing now.

b.) The above presumes that the NFL would have cleared AB...AND that AB would have "behaved" by staying off social media and not talking to reporters... not bloody likely tho.

c.) I agree that if we had AB in Baltimore...that game would have had a different result...at the very minimum we don't get blown out.

d.) @KontradictioN , every damn time I scroll by a post of yours...I pause and watch that SB 49 pass to Edelman over and over again, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents