PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have or follow twitter, is this Bob dude legit or bs? Serious question..

As legit as the Fitz at the Airport picture. He throws all kinds of **** at the wall and some stick others don't.

It really is ingenious. Nobody can ever show he was wrong because you can always claim things just didnt work out.

Florio is saying it’s a bad idea in the eyes of the law because it can really only hurt him.

Florio should stick to reporting football.

When AB is back, let’s hope they give him a different number. Something other than 17.

Florio should stick to reporting football.
He was a lawyer for like 18 years..you can not like how the system works but he’s saying it’s just going to make AB look like a bully and open himself up to get hurt.

Yes, I know that. Emphasis on “used to be.”
Yeah, I mean he’s not some hack. He now owns a website that generates more eyes than perhaps any other NFL-related website. That’s why he’s not in law anymore. But that used to be his profession and it certainly isn’t mine. If he’s saying it’s a bad idea, I believe him.

So he’s countersuing someone whom he believes is doing him wrong and falsely accusing him of a crime. Someone who smeared his name, what’s the problem with using all of your resources to go after this person who you believe is doing you wrong?

I would do the same, why should he care if she doesn’t have the financial resources to fight back? Why should he have any sympathy for her?

He should have done it at the very start so the lawyer fees would force her to give up her false claims.

I just sorta want to drink in the insanity.

If I was your bartender, I'd shut you off.
" No more insanity for you. You're WAAAAY past the limit".

I agree it should of went down during the bye week, however the saying better late than never will be just fine in this case.

I don’t have or follow twitter, is this Bob dude legit or bs? Serious question..
No, he’s been spreading fake rumors for like a decade.

He was a lawyer for like 18 years..you can not like how the system works but he’s saying it’s just going to make AB look like a bully and open himself up to get hurt.

I disagree. Here’s what filing these counterclaims does.

It increases the scope of disclosure she has to make. Now she needs to testify and produce docs related to those claims.

The defamation counterclaim explains AB’s vile tweets. Now he can claim those tweets arose from his anger at being defamed.

AB can testify about his damages at trial. AB has real losses here and even if she can’t pay, he can talk about the money he lost in endorsements from these “untrue allegations.”

It helps him to bust the NDA he signed in March. You can read Florio’s “I’ve got egg on my face” piece on this today.

There are other advantages but the ones I mentioned show that a guy who once hung a shingle in West Virginia shouldn’t really criticize lawyers actually defending a lawsuit who have access to a lot more information than he does.

It increases the scope of disclosure she has to make. Now she needs to testify and produce docs related to those claims.

The defamation counterclaim explains AB’s vile tweets. Now he can claim those tweets arose from his anger at being defamed.

AB can testify about his damages at trial. AB has real losses here and even if she can’t pay, he can talk about the money he lost in endorsements from these “untrue allegations.”

It helps him to bust the NDA he signed in March. You can read Florio’s “I’ve got egg on my face” piece on this today.

There are other advantages but the ones I mentioned show that a guy who once hung a shingle in West Virginia shouldn’t really criticize lawyers actually defending a lawsuit who have access to a lot more information than he does.

Knowledge of this agreement combined with the countersuit and his apology show there might be merit to the AB will return this season argument.

What we don't know is if it's with the Patriots.

Incarcerated Bob is on T&R now.

If he does comeback, for the love of god pick a new number

Our society has really changed. Gone are the days when you defend yourself when someone accuses you of wrong doing. Now, it’s be quite and accept your penalty even if you know you did nothing.

Just remember that (a) Brown will have to state on the record specifically what he finds to be defamatory, (b) it is on Brown to prove those statements are false; Taylor does not have to prove they are true, and (c) any statements Taylor made/makes about him only in her lawsuit and not elsewhere are by law not defamatory. Finally, Taylor’s lawyers have known forever this was going to happen, so it’s not going to catch them off-guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back