PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're making bad judgements by 'what could be' instead of 'what's more likely'.

Ask yourself this, what's more likely............

Brown comes back and is a model citizen, keeps to himself, and is a key contributor to the offense.

OR

Brown comes back, experiences some on field success, but then expresses frustration to the media or teammates when he feels he doesn't have enough balls thrown his way. I feel he'll be a constant distraction getting us all to ask ourselves 'why did we do this?'

The guy has NO FILTER. He'll be quick to tweet about anything and everything (some of whcih will put the team in a bad spots)

That won't work here and you know it.
Only because Brady is 42 and has zero leverage at this point. Would've worked earlier in his career. I know it worked in 2007 though.

Only because Brady is 42 and has zero leverage at this point. Would've worked earlier in his career. I know it worked in 2007 though.
No

So Brady held BB/Bob/Pioli and the franchise hostage if they didn't find WR help? I gotta see the link to this one.

No

So Brady held BB/Bob/Pioli and the franchise hostage if they didn't find WR help? I gotta see the link to this one.
Funny how quickly they revamped the WR's after what happened in 2006 letting Branch and Givens go.

Funny how quickly they revamped the WR's after what happened in 2006 letting Branch and Givens go.

If you want to hypothesize TB12 pulled a LeBron back in 2007 go for it.

BB is on record as saying why they went after WW, Moss and Stallworth

If you want to hypothesize TB12 pulled a LeBron back in 2007 go for it.

BB is on record as saying why they went after WW, Moss and Stallworth
Isn't there a rumor that he blocked the Gronk trade to Detroit last year?

Speaking of poultry,I'm enjoying a delicious smoked chicken at the moment.
Tasty and tender- though probably not as tender as the chickens on this board.

Rumor yes.

The other rumor is Gronk wanted more money. BB told Gronk and Rosenhaus if he wanted more money he told him DET would pay him more. They re-evaluated their position and they backed down.

Now....what is fact is after the horrible 17-7 loss at home to DEN in 06, in the parking lot Tom went off on Pioli and said, "You gotta get some guys that can catch the f-ing ball."

Speaking of poultry,I'm enjoying a delicious smoked chicken at the moment.
Tasty and tender- though probably not as tender as the chickens on this board.

Yikes, thought I was posting in the "chicken little" thread.

I think the rumor is Gronk blocked the Gronk trade to Detroit, as in, he told BB he would retire if he was traded anywhere.

I think the rumor is Gronk blocked the Gronk trade to Detroit, as in, he told BB he would retire if he was traded anywhere.
I think it went something like this.

Gronk: 'I want a pay raise".
BB: "No"
Gronk: "Fine then I won't play here"
BB: "OK I have a deal in place with DET which will pay you more."
Gronk: "If you trade me i'll just retire"
BB: "Find the deal is off. So are you still retiring even though I'm not giving you a raise?"
Gronk; "Nah"

Rumor yes.

The other rumor is Gronk wanted more money. BB told Gronk and Rosenhaus if he wanted more money he told him DET would pay him more. They re-evaluated their position and they backed down.

Now....what is fact is after the horrible 17-7 loss at home to DEN in 06, in the parking lot Tom went off on Pioli and said, "You gotta get some guys that can catch the f-ing ball."
I was at that 2006 game vs Jake the Snake. It sucked. I never heard that story before.

I dont think TB had to tell anyone they needed better receivers after that season, whether he did or didn't they were going to upgrade.

Rumor yes.

Well, there's also the fact that Gronk has said on the record that he told the team he'd just retire if they went through with that trade.

I was at that 2006 game vs Jake the Snake. It sucked. I never heard that story before.
What I do know is the conversation took place. On my kids and my folks it happened....

What I always found confusing is he threw for 300yds and they just got Doug Gabriel a week before and was decent that game. It wasn't like he had an awful game or Pioli was sitting on his hands.

Gabriel sucked and maybe Tom knew it right then and there? It was a bad loss and maybe Tom was overly emotional from the AFC Div loss the prior year? After all he was full of piss and vinegar back then. Now he is old.:p

Can I be the tie-breaker? Somebody just have Kraft call me and I'll tell him that both TB12 and I support this.

Come on, Kraft, put aside your pride for five minutes and get it done. Ten years from now nobody will remember the unpleasant stuff about painters, towels, etc., just ring #7.

Focus on that ring.

What I do know is the conversation took place. On my kids and my folks it happened....

What I always found confusing is he threw for 300yds and they just got Doug Gabriel a week before and was decent that game. It wasn't like he had an awful game or Pioli was sitting on his hands.

Gabriel sucked and maybe Tom knew it right then and there? It was a bad loss and maybe Tom was overly emotional from the AFC Div loss the prior year? After all he was full of piss and vinegar back then. Now he is old.:p
I believed you, I’m just surprised I never heard that before. That team was pretty meh for a TFB/BB team. And yet still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back