PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers: Tom Brady is the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kargetina

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
“From a fan’s perspective, what a great game to watch and to see Tom and his greatness on display one more time,” Rodgers said. “I mean, he didn’t need to win that to prove that he’s the G.O.A.T., but just another part of his legacy there.”

Aaron Rodgers acknowledges Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T

This off-season is the gift that keeps on giving! :D:cool::cool:

in other news

moon_tiny.jpg

Brady is the greatest of all-time and rightfully so, due to otherworldly accomplishments, particularly in winning statistics and has a series of historic heroic Super Bowls. Individual stats, he is no slouch either and is easily top-3 on a per game basis, even factoring for the era. His decision making is simply amazing. Simply put, he wins more than anyone else on any stage, and he has made statisticians who don't believe in "clutch" play rethink their beliefs.

That said, Aaron Rodgers plays the quarterback position right now better than anyone in NFL history. And if you don't think he can't read a defense and is all athleticism, you are a blind homer. You don't get a 1.6% career interception rate and 4:1 TD ratio by merely having athletic talent.

I hope Rodgers wins one or two more SBs because he should be ranked higher all-time than Manning and maybe even Montana. He hasn't exactly curled up into a fetal position in their playoff losses ala Manning, besides that one game against Seattle in the 2014 NFCCF. The more research I do on Montana and the 80s Niners, the less I think he is the clear number 2. I won't get into it all right now, but he basically played on all-pro teams, always had a top-3 defense, and backups came in and dominated in the same fashion when he was injured. Go check out profootballl reference and check out the stats of journeymen QBs when they played 3-4 games during a Montana injury...you'll be shocked. That - and those three consecutive elimination games in the prime of his career when he failed to produce even one touchdown. Meanwhile his 4-0 SB record happened to be in the midst of something like 15 straight NFC wins...in context, not so immortal.

No, he doesn't.

I think that technically - from the standpoint of production - he does. Not when you consider leadership and other intangibles.

I think that technically - from the standpoint of production - he does.

No, he doesn't. Using the last 3 years as a guide (Rodgers only played in 9 games the year prior):

Rodgers
Games: 48
Attempts:1702
Comp: 1089
Yards: 12630
TDs: 109
INTs: 20
Rating: 102.77

Brady
Games: 44 (4 missed due to suspension)
Attempts: 1638
Comp: 1066
Yards: 12433
TDs: 97
INTs:18
Rating: 103.10

What does that guy know about QB's? I'm sticking with the true source of knowledge in this area: Bob Parker. :rolleyes:

No, he doesn't.

Geez I don't know Deus.

Aaron Rodgers "once threw a pass twenty yards downfield during a playoff game to a wide open guy that no QB in NFL history could have thrown". I heard Joe Buck say it. It must be true. "The Great Aaron Rodgers".

upload_2017-2-23_23-59-4.png

What does that guy know about QB's? I'm sticking with the true source of knowledge in this area: Bob Parker. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the mid-day troll or the price is right host?

Not sure why some would be down on AR for his gracious words. IMHO it says something good about a QB (an excellent QB in his own right) when he can acknowledge his competitor's greatness and rather obvious GOAT status. AR, Luck, Flacco and several other QBs I respect based on showing some grace and decency by way of their words -- especially just after the surreal and insidious 'deflategate' broke.

For a good example of the other end of the spectrum I present to you the ***wipe Don Shula (and a number of other former and current HCs). Gracious and complimentary words for BB's also rather obvious GOAT career? No. Pettiness, spite, envy are what we saw from them. It says something not good about people who can't give their competitors their due.

As to the AR vs TB argument for this year and beyond. Both have put up excellent numbers. Any team would be lucky to have either one. But PO success, fairly or not, matters. Maybe Jim Kelly is in the GOAT discussion if he was 4-0 instead of 0-4 (or is it 3-0 vs 0-3?). TBs numbers + PO success make him the obvious GOAT ((consider how insanely close TB is to being a 7 time SB winner?)). The GOAT argument isn't an argument anymore. The GOAT discussion is an outline of TB's accomplishments (same goes for GOAT HC BB conversation too).

@TheBostonStraggler
I don't think they're targeting Rodgers, it's more like the rest of the world that hops on his u know what whenever he has a good game. BSPN is notorious for this. So when we hear it directly from Rodgers about who's the best, we want all his dk riders to hear it.

I mean for Gods sake they were comparing him to Jordan this year during a game.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Geez I don't know Deus.

Aaron Rodgers "once threw a pass twenty yards downfield during a playoff game to a wide open guy that no QB in NFL history could have thrown". I heard Joe Buck say it. It must be true. "The Great Aaron Rodgers".

View attachment 16376

Yeah, I'm a big Rodgers fan, but that was one of the most overrated plays we'll ever hear about.

Geez I don't know Deus.

View attachment 16376
It's Best Thrower vs Best Quarterback. Old argument. TB12 orchestrated a comeback Rogers could not. Brady is the GOAT and the best right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back