PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers to Pats rumor: Yes please or nah?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If the price and terms were right would you want Aaron Rodgers here as a starter next year?

• Yes

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • RLKAG and Jordan Richards is not good at this football thing

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but's there nobody to throw the deep ball to. He needs to go to a team that has play makers in place.

I'd take Rodgers, but NE has many holes to fill.

Dallas Did Dak ever sign a new contract?

Mcarthy is there. Zeke Elliot. That OL. WRs Gallup, Lamb and Cooper, Just land a TE.

You said he is the second best QB in the league. That has not been true for a few years.
Yes, -in my opinion-. And in most other opinions he's somewhere in the top 5 QB's, which is my point, it doesn't matter if he's number 2,5 or 7, just that he's elite and it's funny how many said no to him, as I was saying in my other post.

Mcarthy is there. Zeke Elliot. That OL. WRs Gallup, Lamb and Cooper, Just land a TE.
Rodgers hates McCarthy. But yeah, that's an intriguing landing spot.

Imagine how Rogers would respond to BB's coaching. It would most likely go down in flames very quickly.

He would never make it through the first Monday morning film review.

That was a very rare trait that Brady had- the ability to be the GOAT, and still absorb scathing criticism. Year after year.

Dude, your avatar is the thing of nightmares.

Rodgers dead money makes it pretty much impossible that he's going anywhere this year. His dead money would be $45,908,000. They only have $11,086,870 in cap space. They'd have to free up $34,821,130 in cap space to trade him. They would probably have to cut about 10 of their highest paid players to get under the cap: Green Bay Packers Salary Cap | Over the Cap Sure, they could do it, but why would they?

FWIW, it doesn't get much better next year. He's still $31,556,000 in dead money if they trade him next year.

Inst there a way to finagle some of the cap hit to the new team in trade?

Fair enough. I could see how that could come off as trolling. Aaron Rodgers is too much of a panty wetter to stay with the same broad for any extended period of time. The odds that he will still be with her, instead of upgrading to some 19 year old bombshell, when he becomes a Patriot, are very small.

Are you sticking to the story that he's straight?

This isn't a joke. He's actually gay. It isn't like we're all ribbing him or anything.

Yes, -in my opinion-. And in most other opinions he's somewhere in the top 5 QB's, which is my point, it doesn't matter if he's number 2,5 or 7, just that he's elite and it's funny how many said no to him, as I was saying in my other post.

Again you explicitly wrote he is right now the second best QB on earth:

Oh come on, this is hypothetical. If Rodgers came here everyone would love it, he's currently the second best QB on earth... if you voted no you're lying to yourself and this forum!
The question whether he is elite or not is a totally different discussion.

He's not going anywhere but yes. Duh. Of course.

Some of you guys need to figure out these guys are just people you watch on TV and not your friends. Who cares about their personalities?

Rogers should be pixxed.
I bet he is absolutely seething over this. He threw a warning shot saying that GB hasn't drafted a "skill position" player in the first round in the 15 years he has been there. Drafting a QB was a slap in the face.

He's not going anywhere but yes. Duh. Of course.

Some of you guys need to figure out these guys are just people you watch on TV and not your friends. Who cares about their personalities?
People really do act like they're about to share a meal with these guys. Have a coke and a smile and they're friends inside their heads.

Not going to lie. I have constant images of terrible things happening to Love and Rodgers just casually conducting an interview while he drowns or is set on fire.

I’m holding out for Andrew Luck pulling a Gronk forcing his way to us.

what would happen the first time Aaron showed up late? It didnt work out to well for AD and Jonas Gray....

Are you sticking to the story that he's straight?

This isn't a joke. He's actually gay. It isn't like we're all ribbing him or anything.

In the time it took you to make that post, Aaron Rodgers gave an orgasm to 23 different women simultaneously, while also completing 3 separate hail mary passes at the exact same time.

If the Pats were inclined to deal 37 for Jags #1 next year - now would be the time to place a bet on the Jags as a team that would finish last next year giving the Pats first overall in the draft and hit the Trevor Lawrence jackpot. I don't see the Jags winning more than 3 games.

Why would a rebuilding team trade a future 1st when they don’t have a QB and expect to suck

Why would a rebuilding team trade a future 1st when they don’t have a QB and expect to suck

Nothing wrong with kicking the tires and asking. Maybe they’re panicking because the QB they wanted us not there. Logic doesn’t always apply in the draft.

I bet he is absolutely seething over this. He threw a warning shot saying that GB hasn't drafted a "skill position" player in the first round in the 15 years he has been there. Drafting a QB was a slap in the face.

Green Bay fans wear the rose colored glasses like Pats fans.

They see nothing but a good move here because Rogers will be more motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST