PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers to Pats rumor: Yes please or nah?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If the price and terms were right would you want Aaron Rodgers here as a starter next year?

• Yes

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • RLKAG and Jordan Richards is not good at this football thing

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will learn to love him, and you will like it.

I'm sure I would.

And then I would become a hypocrite. Well, even more so of a hypocrite than normal.

So, I am against the move (unless they make the move....then I am for it.)

It would be cool to have a gay player on our team but outside of that I don't see the upside.

You also get the beard of the gay player. Danica Patrick right now; might be another celebrity soon.

Isn't it like impossible due to cap room? Also Green Bay was a win away from the Super Bowl. They aren't getting rid of Aaron Rogers next season for a rookie. This is asinine to even discuss.

Rogers should be pixxed.

A QB when you need to add playmakers? Whose drafting over there? Belichicks lookalike.

No, because he has nobody to throw to. See Tom Brady.

It’s like drafting/signing a big time WR with no QB.

Thats true, but Rogers is 5 years younger with an axe to grind.

No question Rogers deep ball is better than Bradys.

I don’t think Rodgers will get better as he ages. He depends on his legs as well.

The poll shows in favor of Rodgers on Patsfans.com, which means BB must acquire him. :D

Rogers is 5 years younger with an axe to grind.
Watch him get traded to the Pats and then proceed to become a humble, coachable, awesome teammate who publicly supports every personnel decision -- all out of sheer spite.

Last year he had 1000 pass yards more than the league MVP and threw less picks, in a down year for him with no weapons.

He's an elite QB.

You said he is the second best QB in the league. That has not been true for a few years.

Well someone had to start a poll. Lol

Now that I've been outed for my worst take ever on Edelman, was I wrong that this extension might go down as one of the worst ever?

When the extension was given in August of 2018, Rodgers still had two full seasons left on that deal and there was zero reason to give him that extension, considering there is nothing resembling a discount. They gave him $80M in cash to be paid within six months of the signing, meaning that all of that accelerated sign-on cap hit will destroy them. And then they gave him four extra years, taking him to age 39. It was basically a supestar glorifying contract only, as if the team was afraid his ego would be hurt if he wasn't the highest paid.

In addition, his game was already showing some major red flags. He hasn't really played at a superstar level since 2014, and if you look at advanced stats (like adjusted net yards/attempt), the guy is close to average despite him doing everything in his power to boost up his passer rating
(a random formula) and TD:INT ratio.

I said at the time this contract was going to absolutely cripple the Packers. Last year they exceeded their actual play, as they were close to average in point differential. I predict this year is a huge step down. 8-9 wins. Could be a lot worse with injuries.

Aaron Rodgers agrees to 4-year, $134M extension

True, but's there nobody to throw the deep ball to. He needs to go to a team that has play makers in place.

I'd take Rodgers, but NE has many holes to fill.

You also get the beard of the gay player. Danica Patrick right now; might be another celebrity soon.

That's another benefit of this inevitable union. Aaron will be bringing that little firecracker Danica Patrick along with him. So not only would we get the best QB of all-time, but the greatest female motorsport athlete ever, too. These two would become instant New England legends.

Ahh yes. "The great Aaron Rodgers who once threw a pass that no other QB in the history of the NFL could've thrown to a wide open receiver twenty yards down field."

Leave that whiny b in the frozen tundra.

That's another benefit of this inevitable union. Aaron will be bringing that little firecracker Danica Patrick along with him. So not only would we get the best QB of all-time, but the greatest female motorsport athlete ever, too. These two would become instant New England legends.

Some weak sauce trolling.

Will Rodgers Be Traded to Patriots?

is possibly the most hot take thing ever?

Some weak sauce trolling.

Fair enough. I could see how that could come off as trolling. Aaron Rodgers is too much of a panty wetter to stay with the same broad for any extended period of time. The odds that he will still be with her, instead of upgrading to some 19 year old bombshell, when he becomes a Patriot, are very small.

Rodgers dead money makes it pretty much impossible that he's going anywhere this year. His dead money would be $45,908,000. They only have $11,086,870 in cap space. They'd have to free up $34,821,130 in cap space to trade him. They would probably have to cut about 10 of their highest paid players to get under the cap: Green Bay Packers Salary Cap | Over the Cap Sure, they could do it, but why would they?

FWIW, it doesn't get much better next year. He's still $31,556,000 in dead money if they trade him next year.

Never mind the cap thing... old 50 somethings remember the 25 players, 25 cabs thing with the Red Sox. That's this guy. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST