SOURCE:Providence Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Fri
Aug 25th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Night
It was a rough night for Jimmy Garoppolo, who made a key mistake on his final pass of the night that proved to be the difference as the Patriots lost 27-23 in Houston.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Aaron Hernandez Dead

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Todd Bradley, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primetime

primetime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3,671
    He was found not guilty of murder in the first degree in the double murder (but guilty in the Lloyd murder), but his presence and indeed involvement in the double murder was never in question. The 'not guilty' was basically the jury determining that the evidence was not sufficient to prove that Hernandez was the one who pulled the trigger that night as opposed to his friend Bradley, who was the prosecution's chief witness in the trial, and nothing else.

I have complicated feelings about this whole thing because I think life without parole is a horrible sentence, perhaps even worse than capital punishment given our inhuman system of incarceration. I don't feel particularly sorry for Aaron Hernandez, who was guilty of at least one cold-blooded murder and at least partly culpable for at least two more... but I wish that, in the first place, his life had gone some other way and, second, even after he had committed truly heinous acts, that he had options with the rest of his God-given life that were not suicide.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017

2. archstanton543

archstanton543 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,265
    The only reason he has a job in this town is because people listen to him. Tell as many people as you possibly can. If his ratings on the radio and TV tank he'll be out of here and back to Wisconsin where he really wants to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. archstanton543

archstanton543 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,265
    Again, he's not going to walk away from three murder raps. The State just had to prove that he killed Lloyd. The reason they put forth is irrelevant.

4. TeamFirst

TeamFirst On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +370

• Useful Useful x 4
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,067
    Now every time someone lines up a PAT and there's a zealot with a "john 3:16" sign somebody's going to tweet a conspiracy theory (hopefully not an elected official...)

6. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,510
    It's obvious...Brady snuck in AH's cell and murdered him.Kurt Warner got the scoop straight from the big Guy upstairs and is now partnering with Mort the wart on a tell all expose'.
    The Goodelloloid is lining up 50 million bucks in legal fees to take this case all the way to the Supreme Mara Court.v

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,160
    Sign Tebow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,160
    Your Name game abilities are HOF worthy.

Mort the Wart
    Goodelloloid
    Supreme Mara Court

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! Goodell sucks PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15,866
    Clearly it's none of our business and it's probably right that we don't know, but I am curious about the contents of the three letters. Since reading the article about his brother in SI (Aaron Hernandez’s brother retraces NFL star's path to murder if anyone's interested), I've found myself caring a lot more about the family angle than I did before, and kinda hope at least one was addressed to them and might help them get some closure. Never really occurred to me previously to consider how they've taken all of this, but it hit me after reading that article, and especially now in light of the past few days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,853
    In the field of psychology, its widely believed that males are in the "adolescent" stage until age 25-30... and when you factor in our more militarized form of policing compared to 20+ years ago, combined with social media, etc.. you don't get as many chances to screw up as you did back in the day either

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +6,067
    Wait... how can they try a millennial as an adult?

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +6,067
    Sign THE BEAST

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,093
    Unfortunately, the AH suicide will not be put to rest for a long time, as conspiracy trumps common sense..

Souza Baranowski by its virtue of being high security is loaded with CCTV's, probably not in every cell, but in every "common area" so they could easily determine if anyone entered his cell after 8:00 PM.. otoh there will be the local idiocy who will spout this conspiracy crap to make a cheap buck.

The idea that someone did it to him is preposterous, as not only the CCTV would pick up anyone entering his cell, but there would have to be some sign of a struggle or defensive wounds on AH.. to put him down would require a lot of folks and a lot of mayhem..

Will be interesting to hear if his wife speaks to investigators as it was reported that he spoke to her on Sunday night before he entered his cell for the last time..

It is folly to say that he was happy on Friday and could not kill himself on early Wednesday morning, he may have shown some outward joy over the NG verdict.. but coming back to the Easter Weekend late Friday he may have missed some sort of evaluation regarding his state of mind, this is a very impulsive man, and what he did never made much sense..

14. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,788
    For me, the most ridiculous development involves the recent suggestions that because Hernandez scrawled a biblical verse notation on his forehead and left a Bible nearby, that he experienced a religious epiphany before offing himself. As my old man told me decades ago, I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

• Like Like x 1
  15. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,064
    That's an unusually forgiving position for you to take, RW, that he had no control over his actions and his bad deeds were due to mental illness.

16. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,788
    ;)

17. SalemPats

SalemPats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,486
    Very sad situation.

It's still crazy, he just signed a huge contract, was the most versatile TE in the game. As a football player on the field, his role just seemed to get bigger and bigger. He was a TE who was consistently split out wide, used in the backfield (he even had some rushes) and a great compliment to Gronk (who he seemed to get really get along with). So many what ifs.

18. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +35,105
    I'm not that forgiving. Let me explain.

Live is about impulse control, dealing with life events that shape our behavior and choices.

There have been a number of scientific studies that have concluded that a vast majority of people who have murdered do suffer from some kind of chemical imbalance or malformed parts of their brain. With that said, as humans we all have some kind of chemical imbalance or have not developed 100% perfectly. It is that which shapes our behavior, motor skills, etc.

The studies go on to say that sometimes life events serve as catalysts which then send the person down the path of sociopathic or psychopathic behavior.

Some people poo-poo the studies. I think there is some validity to them.

I think in AHs case, while he deserves to be locked up or face he death penalty because he is a threat to society, I think its important to understand why he is who is is (or was)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,853
    As a millenial I laughed pretty hard at this lol

I'm right on the edge as a millenial tho at 34.. I think the oldest millenial is 35

20. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,692
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.