PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A request for anyone who has joined a Titans forum

If they get trounced there will be the usual YouTube jersey & gear burnings.

Nah, no one down here really thinks the Titans have a chance. They really are just enjoying the moment. Titans fans are having watch parties and downtown fun. They know their chances are slim to none.

Assuming the Burkhead info is true, why leak it? Not sure that the game plan changes much whether he plays or not but is seems like letting it out early provides the Titans a little more time to adjust/prepare.

Sounds like they've been reading too much Billy Mumphrey

unbridled%2Benthusiasm.jpg

Great job, Froobs . now you got me hooked on these poor souls .. hopefully I don't miss the game..

BSJ has a useful stat this morning that shows that Tennessee's run game is actually really bad except around left end, where they average over 10 yards per carry. Seems cut out for a Patriots intervention...you can run anywhere you want, except around left end.

BSJ has a useful stat this morning that shows that Tennessee's run game is actually really bad except around left end, where they average over 10 yards per carry. Seems cut out for a Patriots intervention...you can run anywhere you want, except around left end.
Truth

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 10.14.21 AM.png

LOL, that was fast! You pumped for some playoff football, RW?

Very pumped. Fortunately I have all kinds of errands (honey-do) and kids stuff before 4pm to keep me busy.

Ian pays me big bucks to provide crowning customer service to the board. :p

I typically poke around on Football Outsiders over the weekend and I had the page open. When I saw your post it was right there.

RE: runs to the left side. Thats right to James Harrison's side. Hope the ole lug holds up tonight.

Finesse? Well, television hasn't made its way to Tennessee yet, so who can blame them if they haven't seen the Patriots punch teams in the face like they did the tough guy Ravens in 2014, the tough guy Steelers every year, the Legion of Boom (LOL) in SB 49, the tough guy Falcons from down 25 in SB 51, etc. etc. etc.

I just listened to Joe Rexrod of the Nashvillee Tennessean on WBUR podcast talk about the Patriots are cheaters and that got my blood boiling - Season Ticket -- A Boston Globe Sports Podcast - The Boston Globe

I'm starting to get amped for this one.

Very pumped. Fortunately I have all kinds of errands (honey-do) and kids stuff before 4pm to keep me busy.

Ian pays me big bucks to provide crowning customer service to the board. :p

I typically poke around on Football Outsiders over the weekend and I had the page open. When I saw your post it was right there.

RE: runs to the left side. Thats right to James Harrison's side. Hope the ole lug holds up tonight.

Yeah, I purposely fill my time on a playoff day with as much busy work as possible, just to keep moving and so the time will pass. The only time I want the weekend to move quickly.

Headed to the post office, UPS store, and the hardware store. Anybody need anything?

Yeah, I purposely fill my time on a playoff day with as much busy work as possible, just to keep moving and so the time will pass. The only time I want the weekend to move quickly.

Headed to the post office, UPS store, and the hardware store. Anybody need anything?
I need to go to the Apple Store as Mrs RW spilt coffee on her Mac yesterday....

That'll take 2 hrs.

When the world tells you that your team has no chance you grasp at anything to justify why you’ll lose.

Last edited:
"We power...they finesse." - LaDainian before 45-3

Of course, the next time they came to town...

Dn worry, the next time they came to town gave LWhineyT the only thing he can hang his hat on for his whole career. How many SB's has he even been to? Meanwhile, the Pats won 2 since said town visit.

I haven't been allowed into any of their boards but I've been lurking. All I hear is about how the Pats are a finesse team and the weather will favor Tennessee as they run all over us. Let's not let any facts get in the way of that narrative. Please feel free to share this image there if you like.
I've been on their board they seem nice enough. Some smack talk (a lot of talk of "ending the Patriots dynasty" lol), but a lot of the worst trash talk frankly coming from one Patriots fan troll. I am posting there under the same name as here. For instance, here I analyzed what I thought they would have to do to win:
Watched Pats/Panthers game last night

Here is what I wrote, I'm curious what people think (I think maybe my analysis of our secondary, especially Gilmore, is weakest):
neuronet said:
I am not familiar with the Titans, but the Pats, so can just say a few things I think will be key:
1. Don't let the Patriots get in front early: shorten their game. I know this is obvious, but once you get behind, your offense becomes more predictable, and Belichick/Matt Patricia gain the advantage. The Titans have a stout defense, so starting with a couple of three and outs from the Pats would be a real confidence booster. Keep Brady off the field, shorten the Patriots' game as much as possible.

2. As I've said before, it's all about taking away Brady's pocket. That's where he excels and kills defenses. If you ever seen him in person, just watch his pocket presence, and how he moves, and directs the defense and offense from the pocket, with tiny little movements and fakes. It is really pretty amazing how subtle it is.

However, if you collapse the pocket, he gets rattled and starts to see ghosts and make mistakes. Because that's his home. The problem is, we have Gronk, Cooks, Amendola, Burkhead, Lewis. Brady will be ultra-focused and prepared, and has seen just about everything. Lewis is like a damned cat he pulls yards out of his butt. Brady is an excellent player in inclement weather: they pretty much never practice indoors.

You cannot play zone against Brady, you will need to play man, hit the receivers at the line to get them rattled, and collapse the pocket to take time and confidence away from Brady. That is the recipe. We all know it. The problem is implementing it an entire game is very hard. Having home field will be helpful for offensive communication.

Upshot: unless the weather is ridiculously bad, the Patriots will be putting up 25+ points. The question is, can you match that?

3. To do that, I think you will need to win it with Mariota's arm. As others pointed out, Belichick is great at taking away your best weapon, and making you beat us with your second-best weapon. Your first-best weapon is Mariota's legs, IMO (frankly I'm not sure this is true I have only seen your team play a full game once). But your second-best weapon is probably your RBs. This is where it will get interesting. Patriots' defense is likely going to be pretty healthy tomorrow night, with Branch coming back on defensive tackle. He is a decent pass rusher, and a very good run stopper. While I see you getting moderate running yardage, I can't see us giving up much more than 100 yards rushing total. Hence, my guess is if you guys are going to have a chance, you will have to win it with Mariota's arm and your WRs (or RBs acting as receivers). I just don't see another way. Belichick will funnel all the resources into making that happen.

4. So then it is a question about your WRs against our defensive backs. Our secondary is decent, not amazing: Gilmore is the best probably but tends to screw up routes. Butler is good but tends to get burned on deep routes. McCourty is an excellent safety who will give them help over top, so I don't expect a lot of big swing plays from your offense (with Belichick it is all about bend but don't break: he will glady give up yards, but gets stingy has hell with points).

Our rush O vs their rush O is an irrelevant comparison unless everything else is equal.

Still, the only thing stopping Dion from getting 150 today is McDaniels.

mcdaniels is always the reason the offsense sputters with brady. i cross my fingers every postseason and have since 2007. o’brien was n’t any better

Our rush O vs their rush O is an irrelevant comparison unless everything else is equal.

Still, the only thing stopping Dion from getting 150 today is McDaniels.
Or a #4 run d that allows less than 90 a game and only allowed 150 to a TEAM one time (and 100 5 times).

what stands out is 9 of the top 10 in rushing made the play-offs..thought this was a passing league? All about balance..
Causation vs correlation. Teams that win run more because teams that are ahead in games run more.

Or a #4 run d that allows less than 90 a game and only allowed 150 to a TEAM one time (and 100 5 times).

They'll probably end up using the RBs more in the passing game, and if LeBeau's defenses play to usual specification, Brady will just carve the secondary up regardless.

So I guess I'd rather McDaniels does that.

Causation vs correlation. Teams that win run more because teams that are ahead in games run more.

Run for short yardage, keep D thinking & honest, move the chains & close out games.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back