PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A request for anyone who has joined a Titans forum

Keep Up With The Joneses

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I haven't been allowed into any of their boards but I've been lurking. All I hear is about how the Pats are a finesse team and the weather will favor Tennessee as they run all over us. Let's not let any facts get in the way of that narrative. Please feel free to share this image there if you like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-13-08-13-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-13-08-13-47.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 65
Our rush O vs their rush O is an irrelevant comparison unless everything else is equal.

Still, the only thing stopping Dion from getting 150 today is McDaniels.

Let them enjoy the next 11 hours. It's been a while since they've enjoyed the unbridled optimism and euphoria of the playoffs.

By midnight they will wish they had never been born

Let them enjoy the next 11 hours. It's been a while since they've enjoyed the unbridled optimism and euphoria of the playoffs.

If they get trounced there will be the usual YouTube jersey & gear burnings.

Our rush O vs their rush O is an irrelevant comparison unless everything else is equal.

Still, the only thing stopping Dion from getting 150 today is McDaniels.

I agree, obviously stats don't tell the whole story. But that doesn't make them meaningless. It's worth noting that the "smashmouth" team their fans envision put up very similar rushing numbers to the Patriots finesse offense which will stall in cold weather.

Also, with Burkhead and White back I expect Dion will get dialed back a bit (rightfully so, as they ran him into the ground the final 2 weeks).

I agree, obviously stats don't tell the whole story. But that doesn't make them meaningless. It's worth noting that the "smashmouth" team their fans envision put up very similar rushing numbers to the Patriots finesse offense which will stall in cold weather.

Also, with Burkhead and White back I expect Dion will get dialed back a bit (rightfully so, as they ran him into the ground the final 2 weeks).
I'm hearing Burkhead will be held back.

Sounds like they've been reading too much Billy Mumphrey

unbridled%2Benthusiasm.jpg

what stands out is 9 of the top 10 in rushing made the play-offs..thought this was a passing league? All about balance..

My point was not that stats are meaningless, just that that specific one is. It's like saying one QB > another because his team won the game when in reality they never took the field at the same time. It would be more meaningful to compare our rush O vs their rush D and vice versa.

Also, isn't Burkhead unlikely to play per a recent report?

Wow. A finesse team? I guess they don’t know what old bill will do to them

"We power...they finesse." - LaDainian before 45-3

Of course, the next time they came to town...

No burkhead today :/

My point was not that stats are meaningless, just that that specific one is. It's like saying one QB > another because his team won the game when in reality they never took the field at the same time. It would be more meaningful to compare our rush O vs their rush D and vice versa.

Also, isn't Burkhead unlikely to play per a recent report?

I've seen practice reports saying he was still clearly favoring the injury. If that's the case, they can afford to sit him against the Titans. Not so much against the Jags/Steelers and the eventual NFC representative if they get beyond the AFCCG.

Pats run defense was clearly an issue early in the year and they yielded a handful of very long runs (Chargers) that killed their overall Yards Per Carry Stats. And while it is certainly not vintage 2003/2004 it does seem very effective of late in 3rd and short situations. Just need to take care of the edge runs where there have been times where it seems like the opposing RB has gained 10 yards before first contact. Curious to see how often they have Chung down in the box vs a LB.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back