PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A.J. BROWN FOR JONNU SMITH ANYONE?

Dude, I was chanting D.K. Metcalf on draft night.......
A part of me thought had he dropped, Bill would've taken a swing at Metcalf. However, another part of me thought he was going to be Chad Jackson 2.0. With that being said, I was leaning toward Debo being the pick.
What are you saying they are not worth it?? A lot of Pats fans were clamoring for Deebo in 2019 and we picked Harry and Slowquan?? :rolleyes: Who's fault is that? Both Deebo and A.J. Brown will be resigned by their respective Teams or the good ole Tag. Devante Adams played for the Tag up until this year.
we had the chance to draft all 3 of Samuel, Metcalf and Brown m.
There were several reasons Harry magically leapfrogged Metcalf, Samuel, Brown and McCaurlin. I remember Daniel Jeremiah rightly predicted during the combine that if Harry ran in the low 4.5's, his stock was going to rise. Also, Harry gained a ton of buzz after he ripped off 27 reps of 225 bench press. Finally, you have the "Foxborough workout" which @DropKickFlutie broke well before the media starting talking about a year later.

Slowjuan is in my top 3 most hated/unnecessary draft picks in the BB era.

Someone is bored today... hang in there.. just over a week to go.

I'm saying they aren't worth it with that diva attitude.

How happy would any of them be here getting 8-10 targets a game? And no, BB isn't going to build his offense around a single target. Never has, never will.

I'm not discounting the talent - Brown or Deebo would have been my pick in 2019. But I don't see the Pats doing the 20/per thing with anyone. So what's the point?
The point is if we had originally Drafted any of them they would be our problems and not some other Teams.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PP2
Never said he would be happy, but structure something from Smith's contract perhaps?

My point is would you trade if you could?

"Mike Vrabel calls fourth-year tight end 'an unbelievable player to coach and be around every day.'"

Just savin.

Put the value on it? make it a win/win.

BB ain't spending a ransom of picks.

Ironically This goes back to the 6' 226lbs A.J. Brown versus the 6'1" 227lbs Shenault conversation. Guess which player had 63 receptions in 2021?...both.

have a feeling the Titan organization is not too happy with Mr. A.J. Brown trying to shoot has way out the door. The CAP for the Titans is about $10mm left. Is Brown affordable?

DW Toys
AJ Brown is everything we would wish Jonnu Smith to be.

A part of me thought had he dropped, Bill would've taken a swing at Metcalf. However, another part of me thought he was going to be Chad Jackson 2.0. With that being said, I was leaning toward Debo being the pick.

There were several reasons Harry magically leapfrogged Metcalf, Samuel, Brown and McCaurlin. I remember Daniel Jeremiah rightly predicted during the combine that if Harry ran in the low 4.5's, his stock was going to rise. Also, Harry gained a ton of buzz after he ripped off 27 reps of 225 bench press. Finally, you have the "Foxborough workout" which @DropKickFlutie broke well before the media starting talking about a year later.

Slowjuan is in my top 3 most hated/unnecessary draft picks in the BB era.
I am sure Tavon Austin was the First :rolleyes: a guy we could have had in the 6th Round: so glad we had Brady to cover up that flaw and many more.

The point is if we had originally Drafted any of them they would be our problems and not some other Teams.
The real point is that you want to complain about 2019 still. Think of all the rings we missed out on!

I will say if we go D in the First let's say at 21 I want George Pickens or Skyy Moore at #40 via a Trade up.
PF2. please explain to me the fascination that people have to Skyy Moore. The kid ran a 3-cone that was slower than Mac Jones'. (7,13 vs 7.05 Doesn't that SLOW ish short area quickness take him OFF the Pats board? If Edelman was the archetype, we'd want a guy who is in the 6.8's or lower. Right?

The real point is that you want to complain about 2019 still. Think of all the rings we missed out on!
50 you act like I'm not a Patriots fan I'm not the only one who do that. But if you want to call me out so be it but I don't drink the BB kool aid like you do he has made some glaring mistakes being as Great as he is. I call it like I see it I am open to criticism and don't think like you that BB is above it.

oh...great..another BB sucks thread

PF2. please explain to me the fascination that people have to Skyy Moore. The kid ran a 3-cone that was slower than Mac Jones'. (7,13 vs 7.05 Doesn't that SLOW ish short area quickness take him OFF the Pats board? If Edelman was the archetype, we'd want a guy who is in the 6.8's or lower. Right?
ken Skyy Moore is kinda complete can play inside and out some guys won't test off the charts but he's plays faster than those times. I think he has the Gronk type hands in this WR class. That said remember Anquan Boldin? had a hell of a career running 4.65. Harry ran really nice 40 real fine player there I don't put a lot if stock in those number if the guy produced on the field. Andy Isabella tested really well but hasn't really translated to the football field it's not an exact science. Sometimes you have to go with your gut and my gut says Pickens - Moore and Alec Pierce for the Patriots.

Last edited:
what if I trade my lightly used condo, for Russell Wilsons mansion with 12 bedrooms.

seems like a fair trade no?

Every time I look at that Jonnu Smith contract, I wonder if Smith himself, upon hearing the offer, was like..

"Wait what?? You actually think I'm worth that?"

50 you act like I'm not a Patriots fan I'm not the only one who do that. But if you want to call me out so be it but I don't drink the BB kool aid like you do he has made some glaring mistakes being as Great as he is. I call it like I see it I am open to criticism and don't think like you that BB is above it.
I complained about the draft in 2019 as it was happening - and said repeatedly, in that time frame, that if I had been drafting, my first pick would have been Deebo or AJ Brown. Then, when Metcalf was still hanging around in the 2nd, I'd have grabbed him, and I was jumping up and down for Renfrow in the 5th.

So, Deebo, Metcalf, and Renfrow instead of Harry, Williams, and Froholdt.

So, no, not drinking any kool-aid, thanks. We're now in year four. The Pats have their QB (I think), grabbed a great DL and RB last year, and I'm hopeful for at least 2-3 other picks in that draft. I see a team improving.

Pardon me, but I don't understand the joy of beating a dead horse, of going into every thread and slamming a player for the team you supposedly root for. What's the freaking point?

And no, I don't want players who will sit out in year four of a rookie deal.

Someone is bored today... hang in there.. just over a week to go.
It's going to be just as bad in a couple weeks. The people that think everybody is available for trade now will also add a bunch of veterans to their list when their team drafts somebody at that same position.

I want to trade a nickel I found in my driveway for Google. I want to give the dealership an old hanky for a 2022 model…

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back