PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Few things - RE: Moderation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say 90% of anything emotional in the GDT is in the heat of the moment and not meant to be taken seriously. Not trolling.

Like this guy. Get the bulldozers in here :D Classic

Huh ... Pats must have given up a 3rd and long while leading 38-3.

This place has had the censorship level greatly increased, the moderation made much more oppressive, and the crackdown on dissenters ramped way up. Yet people are still *****ing and calling for more of it, and the quality of the posting has been spiraling downwards for years,

The issue is not, and has not been, the this place is too rough or mean. When y'all figure that out, maybe you'll start to get it.

This place has had the censorship level greatly increased, the moderation made much more oppressive, and the crackdown on dissenters ramped way up. Yet people are still *****ing and calling for more of it, and the quality of the posting has been spiraling downwards for years,

The issue is not, and has not been, the this place is too rough or mean. When y'all figure that out, maybe you'll start to get it.
Please refer to @Ian’s post a couple pages back in regards to moderator activity.

I was also a regular on the ESPN forums. That forum and Usenet were free for alls except we knew the newsgroups weren't moderated. The ESPN forum had "moderators" but they didn't give a crap.

Patriots_Lose was the worst. If you were there you probably know what I'm talking about.

Anyone remember Midgar? Or TheSportsExpert from the Steelers forum? ESPN had the greatest forums ever. You could create a troll account in five minutes.

Been coming here off and on for 20 years.
Had a couple different handles.
As a diehard Pats fan since 1961, who moved to the Deep South before rhe dynasty, this place was often a haven for me thru the years- the only place I could hang out with fellow Pats fans.
My former career often left no time to post for years on end, but I usually checked out the site out at least 1x week. Some people say the posting has been declining for several years. Maybe. But still a lot of people here who bring plenty to the table.
Theres bound to be changes when you lose the greatest player not just in Pats history but nfl history. No its not the same. But we still have the GOAT HC. I was a Pats fan long b4 TB and BB arrived and will be long after theyre both gone. I have a deep appreciation for patsfans.com and Ian.
Not to mention the vast majority of posters. I disagree w. @captainstone much more than I agree w. him. But i like and respect him. He's a legit Pats fan and cares about the team. I disagree with Andy sometimes and understand people who get frustrated with his posting style but I respect him too. Im not a big draft guy but I love what BGC does. I gotta admit that even some of the very few here who mostly get on my nerves will occasionally post something thats right on or funny.
So Im glad patsfans.com is here. It would suck if it wasn't.

I feel like we've covered everything and I don't want this thread to detract from the team or the offseason any further, so I'll go ahead and close it.

Appreciate the time and feedback from people and definitely don't want people to overthink things. Just take an extra second to think before people hit "reply" and I'm pretty sure we'll be fine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back