PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8th straight AFCCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is winning the Super Bowl. Our biggest problems right now are penalties and red zone scoring. These things can be fixed.

I am trying to be as optimistic as possible too. I do agree that a lot of things can be fixed or at least improved upon. We just need to get hot at the right time. I like that we have a bunch of playmakers from the past few years that hopefully will step up big in the playoffs. One game at a time. Any given Sunday.

This team is winning the Super Bowl. Our biggest problems right now are penalties and red zone scoring. These things can be fixed.

Agree that alot of it is fixable, but the run defense is still a concern and i dont see a fix there. Should we get shelton back out there? As bad as hes been, the run d was still not nearly as bad as its been since he was getting listed inactive.

Stopping the run is the biggest problem, but as you said there are offensive issues, too. The penalties and poor coaching are just general team-wise concerns, but should not continue.

I know the Patriots are playing poorly, but who would you take in a Houston-NE matchup? I know who I'm taking, and I don't care where it would be played.

And lemme tell ya this.... suppose KC has already won divisional weekend and were watching NE-Hou to see their AFCCG opponent…. whom do you think the Chiefs would be desperately hoping won that game? They would be on their hands and knees praying for the Texans.

We've never made it to a Super Bowl under BB/Brady without a first round bye. I won't ever count them out completely, but if I'm going to use reputation and past performance to have faith in them most of the time, I have to look at the history the other way too. Getting the 2 seed is huge for this team.

True, but we don't have that many data points about being the play offs without a bye.

Let me help you with that one, you WANT Philly to win that game against Houston. As for the Philly fans, let them eat horsesh*t.:D
Winning that one and losing to WASH after that would be ideal. :)

I know the Patriots are playing poorly, but who would you take in a Houston-NE matchup? I know who I'm taking, and I don't care where it would be played.

Has Bill O'Brien ever beaten BB?

Though given the Lions and Titans games...

And lemme tell ya this.... suppose KC has already won divisional weekend and were watching NE-Hou to see their AFCCG opponent…. whom do you think the Chiefs would be desperately hoping won that game? They would be on their hands and knees praying for the Texans.
Houston is going to drop one more

We've never made it to a Super Bowl under BB/Brady without a first round bye. I won't ever count them out completely, but if I'm going to use reputation and past performance to have faith in them most of the time, I have to look at the history the other way too. Getting the 2 seed is huge for this team.

I'm surprised no anti-Patriot fan/author has made the trope "Pats never won any super bowls playing on the road" as a pejorative.

True, but we don't have that many data points about being the play offs without a bye.

Fair point. Damn we're blessed!

I'm surprised no anti-Patriot fan/author has made the trope "Pats never won any super bowls playing on the road" as a pejorative.

Well, we have won a super bowl as the 2 seed, and had to go to Pittsburgh in 2004 I believe? Won the AFCCG there on our way to the title. So they'd be misinformed (as usual) if they made that claim.

Fair point. Damn we're blessed!

Well, we have won a super bowl as the 2 seed, and had to go to Pittsburgh in 2004 I believe? Won the AFCCG there on our way to the title. So they'd be misinformed (as usual) if they made that claim.

And of course we also won on the road at Pitt the year of our first SB win. :) I still remember it--Pitt had to repunt because of a false start, and on the re-kick, Troy Brown returned it for a 7-0 lead that got the ball rolling. :)

regardless of seeding I think Pats make AFCCG this year.

If 3 I see it like 2006.

We will win our home game, then win divisional on road. Then perhaps put up a surprising fight in road AFCCG against either KC or Chiefs but just fall short.

You may be right. Perhaps playoff times wakes them up. Or possibly they get it going the final two games and start rolling

We’re in a funk is all this is really

You may be right. Perhaps playoff times wakes them up. Or possibly they get it going the final two games and start rolling

We’re in a funk is all this is really
We are not as good relative to the AFC field as we usually are.

We are not as good relative to the AFC field as we usually are.

That’s definitely true. I’m cautious this time because back in 14 I was ranting about all manner of evils after two losses at the end of the year where we looked awful

I think it would be wise to start up the Denver model that’s used once your qb is declining. Draft all defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back