SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Rams
Sun
Feb 3rd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
We're on to Atlanta!
Tom Brady and the Patriots pulled off an incredible overtime win at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, sending them to Atlanta to battle the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

8th straight AFCCG

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mosslost, Dec 17, 2018.

1. LightSkinSmurf

LightSkinSmurf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,171
    I'm not predicting this team to win any road game the rest of the year. I don't care who we are playing. If its on the road I'm picking the other team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

2. jimnance

jimnance In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,635
    Sh it happens.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. WHPats

WHPats Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +319
    Of any post I've read in the past week, I agree with yours the most! Every point you made, I completely agree with. If NE can be somewhat competent against the run, cut down the penalties and be a bit more efficient in the RZ, no one in the AFC is unbeatable. I thought in the Pittsburgh game especially (and even the Miami game with the miracle play) we beat ourselves. We're our own worst enemy right now with self-inflicted wounds. If the team had yet to beat a good team all year, and hadn't shown much offensively or defensively save for a few games, I'd be singing a much different tune. But the way they looked offensively against KC, both games against Miami, the defensive effort against Minnesota and GB with Aaron Rodgers and a decent effort on both sides of the ball against Houston, this team CAN do damage. They just have to be consistent. Easier said than done obviously, but if there was one team in the league that you'd put the most faith into regarding cleaning up sloppiness and mental errors, it's Bill, Tom and the rest of the boys. Go Pats!

• Like Like x 3
  4. gitgronked82

gitgronked82 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +798
    I appreciate the honor :)

Yes, I think this team has shown that they are capable of both beating any team in the afc (and possibly the nfl) and also capable of losing in the first round of the playoffs. That would surprise me, but we wouldn't be able to say that there was no foreshadowing.

Especially if we get the 2 seed, I think this team at least makes the afccg. but it's not a given with this team. still, never give up on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mosslost

mosslost Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,351
    Pats get to AFCCG bank it!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steve:Section 102

Steve:Section 102 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,164
    Well, they have two weeks to get right offensively. Lets hope.

7. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +4,544
    IF we end up being the Third Seed very possible if the Texans win in Philly. I would love for the Titans to win out and end up being the Sixth Seed. We get Tennessee in Foxboro on Wildcard Weekend then off to Texas in the Division Round. That's not exactly the most Daunting route to the AFCCG. If there is one Team we want to lose this weekend is the Baltimore Ravens I wouldn't want to play em if we are the Third Seed and they are the Sixth. I think they can give us Problems on both Offense and definitely Defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. mosslost

Ratings:
    +5,351
    Tenn @ Home
    @ Houston

Very doable, I would never bet against the Pats in those two games, even this years version. I think it will be a big "ask" to expect them to win the AFCCG after that though, but I think it is actually unlikely the Pats are NOT in the AFCCG.

9. PatsFan2

Ratings:
    +4,544
    The Titans have what I would consider an Easy close out Two Home Games against the Redskins and Colts. IF Vrabel can't get them up for that they have no business in the Playoffs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. PatsFan2

Ratings:
    +4,544
    That Baltimore @ LA Game this weekend have Huge implications for both Teams. Ravens are still in the running for that North Title and LA Chargers are still is running for #1 overall in the AFC West. A Baltimore win coupled with a Steeler loss @ New Orleans makes em that 4th Seed with one game left things that make you go Hmmmmm. In my heart under no circumstance would I want to see Baltimore early on.

11. Triumph

Triumph Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +7,164
    Their defense has really come together and Lamar Jackson is good at ?

Running.

12. Haterproof

Haterproof Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +478
    The Colts (who've owned them for a very long time) definitely won't be a easy game! That could very well be for the last wildcard spot in the AFC!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. moejr

moejr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,813
    Not making the afccg this year. We are weak on defense and not as mentally tough as we usually are. One and done this year

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,131
    Because they play on Saturday?

Sorry, bad joke that may have already been made. I haven't read through the entire chain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,131
    My concern is that if we are a #3 seed the wild card weekend will be thought of as a relative 'after thought' by the New England fan base. After all, we're undefeated at home, but that's what happened in 2009.

Sure, you can possibly point to Welker as the reason there, but still, can we confidently say that without a doubt we beat Tennesse in in the first round when they just ran all over us (and Henry is really revving up)? Or the streaking Colts? Nobody is a gimme this year.

We definitely need the #2 seed to make any noise this year.

And as much as I'm looked as in my friend circle and family as Mr. Pats optimist, even I have to agree that just hoping to get to the AFCCG is the new bar. We're not in a position to even entertain beating the Saints or Rams in a dome. We'd have to hope that a lesser quality team gets hot (much like the Giants in 2011) to at least give us a chance (maybe the Cowboys)? Don't get me wrong, the Cowboys would still give us trouble, but we'd be better matched.

16. mosslost

Ratings:
    +5,351
    Just making the Super Bowl would annoy the $h1t out of so many AFC fanbases that it would be worth it to me even if we limped into the game. And anything can happen in that game anyway..

We have won so much that part of the joy for me is "joy prevention" for other teams. A 9th SB appearance means another year lots of AFC fans hopes are dashed by the Pats, and if it happened this year they would be like "wow, even this version of the Pats goes to the dance"

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1