PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/15 - Thursday Pats/Titans Joint Session Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why he words IF HEALTHY were in my post.

Which is why IF HEALTHY was part of my post and I made no mention at all about counting on him.

Yes, let’s. A good way to keep a conversation in perspective is to actually read and comprehend the other persons words.

The only two posts I direct quoted responses:

Andy Johnson Post #95:
"I think we can sacrifice the 53rd pkayer in the roster for our WR2"

Andy Johnson Post #126: "Clearly you see wide receivers on the roster that aren’t there."

It's right there in black and white. There were no "ifs", "ands" or "buts".

It is what it is.........

Last edited:
Andy Johnson Post #95:
"I think we can sacrifice the 53rd pkayer in the roster for our WR2"

There were no "ifs", "ands" or "buts".

It is what it is.........

It’s a conversation. A conversation that started with IF HEALTHY THOMAS IS OUR WR2.

I don’t think Harry will start on PUP. Given the injury, they’ll probably take it easy on him through the preseason but I would expect him to be there Week 1.

Why would anyone click the "dislike" button on your post? Harry cannot go on PUP, so there's no way that he'll be starting the season on it.

Why would anyone click the "dislike" button on your post? Harry cannot go on PUP, so there's no way that he'll be starting the season on it.
Fat fingers?

It’s a conversation. A conversation that started with IF HEALTHY THOMAS IS OUR WR2.

Hahaha. In post #195 you just claimed twice that it was in your post.

There were only 2 posts of yours I was responding to, #95 and #126. Neither had the word "if" in them.

Chile pleeez. You're making stuff up that can easily be read in those posts. Enough already.

Last edited:
The grass is always greener on our side I guess, concerning D. Thomas. The knock on him here has always been he was soft, weak against man, questionable hands but as soon as he’s on our team he is a lock, even after a major injury. I like our two rookies, Edelman, if Gordon makes a return it’ll be a great mix of youth and experience. Last one or two we spots will be fun to watch.

Some of us have always been higher on Thomas than others. My take is that, if he's recovered, and the injury hasn't taken much from his game, he's making the team, and the team is looking at being WR heavy. As of now, if the Thomas question is about week one, I'd expect the WR group to look like the following:

Edelman
Dorsett
Harry
Thomas
Meyers
*Gordon
** Harris/Berrios

* If the NFL allows it
**If Gordon isn't available and the team decides to start with 6 WRs.

Hahaha. You just claimed that it was in your post.

There were only 2 posts of yours I was responded to, #95 and #126. Neither had the word "if" in them.

Chile pleeez. You're making stuff up that can easily be read in those posts. Enough already.

As usual you are wrong.
Start of conversation:
A healthy Thomas would be WR2. If he is healthy he is an absolute lock.

As usual you are wrong.
Start of conversation:

Wow!!!!

So my 2 posts DIRECTLY quoted your two posts. Your two posts DIRECTLY respond to my two posts.

......and then you run to a completely separate post where you were addressing someone else (mgteich) from 2 hours previous to point out that I missed your word "if"??????

I salute your ingenuity, but it's all there in this thread in black and white.

No problem, it's all good. Take a nap it'll be better.

Last edited:
Vrabel has a mess on his hands lol. I really liked Marcus coming out but he just progressed the way I thought. That said ... Holy **** RT. I know its p/season but 2-29 in the RZ???

Vrabel has a mess on his hands lol. I really liked Marcus coming out but he just progressed the way I thought. That said ... Holy **** RT. I know its p/season but 2-29 in the RZ???

Tell me those red zone Tannehill stats are typos! :eek:

Was he practicing his spikes?

I was directly responding to two posts of yours that were much later - #95 and #126. It was clear as day - - I quoted you directly in both posts.

You directly responded to my two posts.

Then you're going to drag in a previous post of yours responding to someone else from a couple of hours before where you used the word "if"???? You later changed what you were saying. Yeah, sure Andy, I'm going to actually hold YOUR responses to posts I made yesterday that you never saw. That's rich.

Are you, ok?
It was one conversation.
If you weren’t a dlck when i pointed out that my comments were based upon IF HE WERE HEALTHY you would have said “oh I didn’t see that”. Instead you chose to argue that you know what I am referring to and I don’t.
As they say god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason. You should learn that lesson here.

You think BB did not know about his injury?

BB is infamous for never sweating the details. He's a real gut-level guy. Probably called Caserio one night when watching NFL Network replays of the Pitt/Denver playoff game and was like 'Get me this kid who caught a ball from Teebs.' and then hung up so he could go back to swiping right on tinder.

It was one conversation.
If you weren’t a dlck when i pointed out that my comments were based upon IF HE WERE HEALTHY you would have said “oh I didn’t see that”. Instead you chose to argue that you know what I am referring to and I don’t.
As they say god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason. You should learn that lesson here.

I linked directly to two quotes of yours that were in full - - word for word. I was commenting on those posts. Neither had "if" in them. Seriously, what's so hard for you to understand.

You then drag in a completely different one from 2 hours previous where you were responding to someone else? Classic.

BB is infamous for never sweating the details. He's a real gut-level guy. Probably called Caserio one night when watching NFL Network replays of the Pitt/Denver playoff game and was like 'Get me this kid who caught a ball from Teebs.' and then hung up so he could go back to swiping right on tinder.

He should've been paying more attention in SB 49 and called that timeout on the goalline.......

(post edit: I guess the humor of fnordcircle and my posts flew over pctronics0072's head)

Last edited:
He really isn’t. A lot of young players fall off a cliff in the second half of camp. Belichick has always said a key evaluation point is progress and growth throughout camp.
It’s likely he will earn a spot but he can’t go out there and struggle from here on and still make the team. Others have lost what seemed like locked up jobs from this point on before

Sure, if in the remaining portion of camp Meyers totally falls apart, and it's revealed that his seeming rapport with Brady was just the result of Troy Brown's spirit temporarily possessing his body, then he's 100% a goner. But...

For all that fans tend to get over-excited about camp phenoms, we also tend to under-value what our eyes tell us. When everybody sees an unheralded player consistently making plays throughout camp, that player generally makes the team. Kenbrell Thompkins, Malcolm Butler, Adam Butler, JC Jackson, etc. etc. etc. At this point, Meyers has been the top receiver in camp, period. Even acknowledging the guys who haven't played yet, that pretty reliably earns you a roster spot.

Tell me those red zone Tannehill stats are typos! :eek:

Was he practicing his spikes?

0-12 on 7/7 is pretty special. Yea that QB situation is yikes considering the rest of the team is ready to go. You know Vrabel would give his left nut for 1 season w Brady.

Vrabels humor sucks, liked him as a player, but wouldn’t want to play for him

I wish that clip was longer. It was hard to tell from those 11 seconds what he was conveying - - it was like an incomplete sentence.

Is there more to it? Brady's gift was hilarious - - Vrabes is a funny guy and they have a good relationship.

Vrabels humor sucks, liked him as a player, but wouldn’t want to play for him
Well there he wasn't trying to be funny. He seemed genuinely pissed & probably told Tom to gfh when he got it. No doubt he'll mention it when playing up the underdog card sometime this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST