PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 Players Helped By Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, I wonder why Brown was traded to the Pats for a box of chocolates. :rolleyes:
To make up for the JAG trade? Maybe.

We really need Wise to make a second yr jump and Derek Rivers to be as good as Wise. Way too many draftees in the recent yrs are either misses or lost to injuries. Dominique Easley, Mitchel, Antonio Garcia, Jordan Richard, the stolen first and fourth pick, Cryus Jones.
The Easley (Mr. Invisible), Jones, and Richards (ice skater) picks were awful. I just noticed Garcia was picked up off waivers by the Jets? The Michel pick is starting to worry me.

Last edited:
I don't think any RB on the roster right now is capable of covering RBs in space other than maybe Bentley (haven't seen enough of him tbh). I'm hopeful that Bill will make a move at some point. A number 3 LB and number 2 CB are the most important needs right now. I think we're pretty strong everywhere else.

The thing with Bentley is that he is a rookie. Please keep this in mind when judging his performance in coverage. It took highly touted (and drafted) players like Shazier over 2 years to become competent in space. The transition from college to the pros as coverage LB is pretty damn hard.

So if he doesn't totally blow the roof off it doesn't mean that he is another failure. You want to see enough athleticism out of him to know that the potential to hang is there. The decision making and recognition will take some time.

I don't want to see Roberts or Richards in a Pat uniform any more...we've all seen what they can bring and it's not much. Our defense will be much improved with these two off the team.
Congratulations Ashley, you've just received my first Love smilie.

To make up for the JAG trade? Maybe.

The Easley (Mr. Invisible), Jones, and Richards (ice skater) picks were awful. I just noticed Garcia was picked up off waivers by the Jets? The Michel pick is starting to worry me.
Easley is playing well for the Rams.

The thing with Bentley is that he is a rookie. Please keep this in mind when judging his performance in coverage. It took highly touted (and drafted) players like Shazier over 2 years to become competent in space. The transition from college to the pros as coverage LB is pretty damn hard.

So if he doesn't totally blow the roof off it doesn't mean that he is another failure. You want to see enough athleticism out of him to know that the potential to hang is there. The decision making and recognition will take some time.

You are so right, but meanwhile a lot of fans are going bald.

Easley is playing well for the Rams.
That’s a myth. I get to watch plenty of Rams games and was watching him to see if the Pats gave up on him too quickly. Nope, he just sucks. He does what he does best and gets fake pressure. And as @Ras-IR Dowling said, he didn’t even play last year tearing his ACL again. He was an inexcusable awful pick. If he can’t produce in Wade Phillips’ scheme, he really sucks.

Last edited:
That’s a myth. I get to watch plenty of Rams games and was watching him to see if the Pats gave up on him too quickly. Nope, he just sucks. He does what he does best and gets fake pressure. And as @Ras-IR Dowling said, he didn’t even play last year tearing his ACL again. He was an inexcusable awful pick. If he can’t produce in Wade Phillips’ scheme, he really sucks.
Somehow I thought he was a steal whom had a super quick release.

He was an inexcusable awful pick.

He turned out to be a bad pick but he was exactly what everyone knew he was (including the people who drafted him): a lottery ticket. A chance at elite interior pressure traits that you usually dont get outside the top 15 when you draft. Not sure how taking a shot at that is inexcusable.

He turned out to be a bad pick but he was exactly what everyone knew he was (including the people who drafted him): a lottery ticket. A chance at elite interior pressure traits that you usually dont get outside the top 15 when you draft. Not sure how taking a shot at that is inexcusable.
The problem was that you're investing a 1st round pick in someone that had torn his ACL twice in college. That's a very low percentage "lottery ticket".

The problem was that you're investing a 1st round pick in someone that had torn his ACL twice in college. That's a very low percentage "lottery ticket".

Gronk was taken 13 spots later with a screwed back and a long pause from college football.

If the medical team gives its ok I see no reason not to try it for blue chip traits. Especially because you don't do it with every single pick and the draft is not the only roster building tool.

Gronk was taken 13 spots later with a screwed back and a long pause from college football.

If the medical team gives its ok I see no reason not to try it for blue chip traits. Especially because you don't do it with every single pick and the draft is not the only roster building tool.
I agree Gronk was a huge risk but he was a 2nd round pick. It would've been too risky in the 1st round.

I agree Gronk was a huge risk but he was a 2nd round pick. It would've been too risky in the 1st round.

You are getting hung up misleading labels. The difference in terms of draft value between #29 and #43 is approximately as big as #22 and #29.

This is not a top 15 pick we are talking about.

Damaged Goods with Character Issues is NOBODY'S idea of a top-15 (or top-29) "lottery ticket."

...well, almost nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back