PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 Games to Glory I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers wouldn’t get the 1 seed they’d stay at 5 and they’d come to Foxboro for the AFCCG.

The Chiefs are 11-2 and the Chargers are 10-3, so with three weeks left the Chargers still could overtake the Chiefs. So my 'best realistic case' scenario, the Chargers overtake the Chiefs (which is still possible).

The Chiefs are 11-2 and the Chargers are 10-3, so with three weeks left the Chargers still could overtake the Chiefs. So my 'best realistic case' scenario, the Chargers overtake the Chiefs (which is still possible).

Ah my bad I thought you meant they would change seeds based on a playoff win - which wouldn’t happen. Yes if LAC wins the west they are likely 1 and the Pats (if 2 and if they make it) would see them in the AFCCG in LA.

Is it still too early to think about 4 Games to Glory I? It looks more feasible now that the Pats lost to the Steelers, but all hope is not lost. I have to admit though that I'm not all warm and fuzzy over the idea of Philly or the Jags beating Houston.

As it stands now it will be either Baltimore, if they beat the Chargers and Browns or overtake Pitt for the NFCN, or more likely one of Tennessee or Indy that will get the last spot. That will likely be determined in the last game of the season when Indy goes to Tennessee.

That would then leave something like this.

1 - KC
2 - Houston
3 - Pats
4 - Pitt/Baltimore
5 - Bolts
6 - Indy/Titans

None of those teams scare me at Gillette and all are beatable, even by our flawed team.

LET"S GO!

Is it still too early to think about 4 Games to Glory I? It looks more feasible now that the Pats lost to the Steelers, but all hope is not lost. I have to admit though that I'm not all warm and fuzzy over the idea of Philly or the Jags beating Houston.

As it stands now it will be either Baltimore, if they beat the Chargers and Browns or overtake Pitt for the NFCN, or more likely one of Tennessee or Indy that will get the last spot. That will likely be determined in the last game of the season when Indy goes to Tennessee.

1 - KC
2 - Houston
3 - Pats
4 - Pitt/Baltimore
5 - Bolts
6 - Indy/Titans

None of those teams scare me at Gillette and all are beatable, even by our flawed team.

LET"S GO!

When the team executes, there's no one they can't beat. There's some sort of disconnect between coaching, execution, and putting the basics together for 60 minutes. It's an odd year and no one should consult me for gambling advice because I have no idea what the hell will happen on any given week with this team.

But it's still possible that they can put together a few really good games and do damage in the playoffs.

For maybe the first time since 2001 (maybe 2009), I don't think anyone would see it coming if we went to the Super Bowl. We're actual underdogs at this point and that gives me a warm fuzzy.

1 - KC
2 - Houston
3 - Pats
4 - Pitt/Baltimore
5 - Bolts
6 - Indy/Titans

LET"S GO!

Both AFC west teams are significantly more consistent and better than the Pats. Could New England beat them? Sure, we saw them (barely) beat KC a few months ago.

But let’s be real here, the Pats are putrid up front on D and wildly inconsistent on offense. It will take a lot of luck to get to the AFCCG this year. They just don’t have the talent to do it without a few breaks along the way.

We’ve seen worse teams do it, but in terms of talent/performance, the Pats are probably one of the worst 4-5 teams in this years 12 team playoff field. It’s going to be a struggle and likely end with an ugly loss

An underdog role is novel when looking at recent years, but might be welcomed. Do still think they’ll make a run and at the least be in the AFCC. As for the result of that game and anything after, all bets are off.

If the pats are on the road then I'm not confident whatsoever. It's come to that. I don't give a damn who we're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft