PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 Games to Glory I

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way this reminds me a little of 2011.

In 2011 the defense could not be trusted (in fact, they were far worse than this year's team), and despite being the one seed the Pats weren't taken seriously as a contender. The national media was already anointing the winner to be the Packers or Saints. Sort of like how this year they are looking at the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams.

The Pats still have a chance to break up the party.

Here's my version of a realistic best case scenario.

Pats get the #2 seed, and have to face Houston in round #3.

The Chargers overthrow the Chiefs, get #1 seed. KC gets #5 seed, wins first playoff game but loses to the Chargers.

Pats travel to the Chargers for the AFC title game.

Your best case scenario is even better. If the Pats get to the AFCC vs the Chargers they'd be playing at Gillette because we won the AFCE.

The comparison to 2011 is great for this thread. The team who did eventually win the SB (NYG) took 4 games to do it. That was 4 Games to Glory II for the Giants.

Great negative outlook post.

This board loves to find the worst case scenario and turn it into reality

I was actually trying to do the opposite and provide the best case scenario if the Pats lost to Pitt next week and drop to the #3 seed. Instead it brought out the gloom and doom for some fans. I didn't expect that.

I was actually trying to do the opposite and provide the best case scenario if the Pats lost to Pitt next week and drop to the #3 seed. Instead it brought out the gloom and doom for some fans. I didn't expect that.

I was surprised you posted that as I don't consider you negative. I get it.

People here are all pissed off and *****ing because this team is going 12-4 and getting a 1st Rd bye.

I find that pathetic.

People here are all pissed off and *****ing because this team is going 12-4 and getting a 1st Rd bye.

I find that pathetic.

It probably has a lot to do with the way the Pats lost the last game. They would have been almost guaranteed a #2 bye with a win and a decent shot at #1.

In spite of that loss and the prospect of falling to #3, the cards could still all fall correctly for the Pats, hence my thread.

It probably has a lot to do with the way the Pats lost the last game. They would have been almost guaranteed a #2 bye with a win and a decent shot at #1.

In spite of that loss and the prospect of falling to #3, the cards could still all fall correctly for the Pats, hence my thread.
It was a hideous loss no question.

I have confidence in the team and the talent to play hard and smart these last 3 games and win.

I think they've won it all without Gronk before. As long as they have Brady I'm confident.

Naw I think Brady like having the Gronk option we saw how Lethal this Offense could be in that Miami Game. All three guys could have had 100yds aside from Gronk the other two Grodon and Edelman were close.

You think Gronk in his current banged up state could play Four Games to Glory??
I have every confidence he would bang his way through Four Games to Glory Hole...

With this lousy run defense, the Patriots could end their season with
4 losses in a row and miss the playoffs. They transformed Brandon Bolden
into Todd Gurley.

I find that pathetic.

They’re getting a first round bye? Did Houston forfeit their remaining games?

This team can’t put together back to back good games, and you think it’s outlandish to expect that they will lose one more along the way. :rolleyes:

They’re getting a first round bye? Did Houston forfeit their remaining games?

This team can’t put together back to back good games, and you think it’s outlandish to expect that they will lose one more along the way. :rolleyes:
They only have one more road game and the Squealers suck.

They own the tiebreaker vs HOU

With a loss to Pitt on Sunday, the Pats could very easily drop to the 3rd seed in the playoffs. The Texans have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way.

That could leave something like this;
1 - KC (13-3)
2 - Houston (12-4)
3 - Pats (11-5)
4 - Pitt (10-5-1)
5 - LAC (12-4)
6 - Tenn or Miami (10-6 or 9-7)

That would leave us with a home game against either Tennessee or Miami in round 1 (very winnable).

A rematch with Houston in round 2 (also very winnable)

And then a trip to KC for the AFCC or a home game if either Pitt of the Chargers upset them (another winnable game).

That would be followed by another trip to the SB and a chance to face the NFC representative. Hopefully Jared Goff for The Silence of the Rams II.

I can live with that.
I am thinking seed 2, but after reading your write up, it does not sound all that different... just one extra road game jammed in there at Houston.

But it will be seed 2.

Though top heavy record wise, AFC till mostly ass, problem is that includes us. (I guess Chiefs and Chargers tough)

It's funny that so many Patriots fans have been so hard on the team. All the people I know that aren't Patriots fans are saying things to me like "they'll be fine," "do not count them out," or "they're always a contender." Which is funny because, living in Western PA, I work with and live by almost 100% Steelers fans. They're convinced their team is toast and that the sky is falling. I keep telling them that the season isn't over and they're still in a playoff spot. Guess it's harder to be rational and level-headed with your own team sometimes. Emotions get involved and it can cloud judgment.

Great negative outlook post.

This board loves to find the worst case scenario and turn it into reality

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's getting harder and harder to gave good, objective conversations about this team on here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's getting harder and harder to gave good, objective conversations about this team on here.
I'm an optimistic person by nature so I'm on the other end of the curve.

I still think this team has a legit shot at going to the Super Bowl.

Can't even think about the playoffs yet, let alone the SB. The game on Sunday left a bad taste in my mouth, this was a winnable game in every sense and yet they weren't able to. On to Pittsburgh which will be a dog fight. If we win that, then I feel very good about getting the #2 seed . We shall see what happens, this is our biggest and most important game of the year , it will give us a sense of our playoff seeding !

I tend to be overly optimistic when it comes to the Pats chances, but even I'll admit that a 4 game path to the title would seem improbable.

The reason why the loss was especially hurtful was the way things unfolded on Sunday. One minute it looks like the Pats will win and the Chiefs will lose (we were drooling over the 1 seed), only for the Pats to lose and Chiefs win. The #1 seed was in our hands for a second and then instantly was dashed away like a fantasy. Now it would take a lot to get the #1 seed.

As much as I love the Pats, I think we all have to realize this team is just a different team that shows up on the road. So any path to the Super Bowl that has them playing on the road seems daunting. If they don't get a bye (I still think they will) then we'd likely have to play two games on the road to get to the Super Bowl.

With Tom Brady we always have a chance, but if we're being honest we'd have to admit our chances are less than 50% if we need to win 3 games (2 on the road) to get to the Super Bowl. If we get a bye and only play 1 game on the road I put our chances at 50%, and if we get a bye and play two games at home I put our chances at 75%.

In a way this reminds me a little of 2011.

In 2011 the defense could not be trusted (in fact, they were far worse than this year's team), and despite being the one seed the Pats weren't taken seriously as a contender. The national media was already anointing the winner to be the Packers or Saints. Sort of like how this year they are looking at the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams.

The Pats still have a chance to break up the party.

Here's my version of a realistic best case scenario.

Pats get the #2 seed, and have to face Houston in round #3.

The Chargers overthrow the Chiefs, get #1 seed. KC gets #5 seed, wins first playoff game but loses to the Chargers.

Pats travel to the Chargers for the AFC title game.

Chargers wouldn’t get the 1 seed they’d stay at 5 and they’d come to Foxboro for the AFCCG.

Your best case scenario is even better. If the Pats get to the AFCC vs the Chargers they'd be playing at Gillette because we won the AFCE.

The comparison to 2011 is great for this thread. The team who did eventually win the SB (NYG) took 4 games to do it. That was 4 Games to Glory II for the Giants.

Those Giants were worse than the Pats are now by quite a bit. It was a fluke that a team like that made the SB. Only reason why the Pats did themselves was the AFC was weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back