PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

25% of players (max!) care about winning the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear about the lion that ate a Millennial? He ended up in the hospital to get his stomach pumped.
You sure hate Millenials, don't you? Do you think they will ruin our country? My Dad sure thinks so.

I've got to ask, how much do you hate music today? I'm an old Millennial so I don't really consider myself one, but I can't stand the music right now. We've got mumbling and sing talking rappers, auto tuned pop stars, and bands that don't play any instruments but still considered "Rock". It's quite painful.

And I honestly can't stand stand social media.

You sure hate Millenials, don't you? Do you think they will ruin our country? My Dad sure thinks so.

I've got to ask, how much do you hate music today? I'm an old Millennial so I don't really consider myself one, but I can't stand the music right now. We've got mumbling and sing talking rappers, auto tuned pop stars, and bands that don't play any instruments but still considered "Rock". It's quite painful.

I don't blame today's ****ball music on Millennials.

I blame it on producers who refuse to take chances.

There is good music out there. Just really hard to find.

I don't blame today's ****ball music on Millennials.

I blame it on producers who refuse to take chances.

There is good music out there. Just really hard to find.
I agree. I guess I should've specified what is considered "popular" these days. I have to browse iTunes to find new music. I rarely rely on the radio. The Southern California rock stations are just awful.

Getting back to the topic this was discussed very briefly on Colin Cowherd's morning show. He said Baseball players will take the money rather than win which I agree because it's extremely difficult just making the playoffs and GM's are morons. He said Basketball players are more likely to take pay cuts to win which I also agree because the salary cap is a nightmare. I was hoping he would talk about football players but he moved on in the show.

I agree. I guess I should've specified what is considered "popular" these days. I have to browse iTunes to find new music. I rarely rely on the radio. The Southern California rock stations are just awful.
Yep. Everything needs to be packaged and synthesized..

Yep. Everything needs to be packaged and synthesized..
But I kind of blame radio stations as well because aren't they the one's that play this music? It seems like if it's played on the radio, people must think it's cool.

That’s pretty much how raising children works...

So your saying the parents of boomers and GenX'ers did a lousy job teaching us how to parent? You've crossed a line there child, my mother was a saint.

Getting back to the topic this was discussed very briefly on Colin Cowherd's morning show. He said Baseball players will take the money rather than win which I agree because it's extremely difficult just making the playoffs and GM's are morons. He said Basketball players are more likely to take pay cuts to win which I also agree because the salary cap is a nightmare. I was hoping he would talk about football players but he moved on in the show.
The difference is in baseball legacy is tied more to stats than titles. Bonds never won a title, he's largely considered the best of his and possibly the modern era over players who won multiples. Ty Cobb never won a World Series either. Most baseball historians debate him as possibly being superior to Ruth who won 7.

In basketball the only guy on the GOAT list who doesn't have many titles is Wilt. And he still has 2. Russell has 11, Magic has 5, Jordan has 6, Kobe has 5, Lebron has 3 so far.

In football, it really only matters if you are a QB. Barry Sanders never won a title, Brown only has one despite his team winning 7 in the era before him, Payton only has one and he was used in a limited capacity in the game they won it in, Peterson never got one. For WR's only Rice has 3. Moss/TO/Carter have 0. For TE's Gonzalez and Gates have 0, Gronk only has 1 where he wasn't injured.

Yes. I missed the cut off for X. Born in '82.

Depends on whose cut off your using but you definitely qualify as a Xennial. Time for you to let yourself off the hook on the Millennial thing. Now about that listening to Cowherd thing... no hope for that one

Let's get one thing straight: I don't "hate" Millennials. Some have strong sociopolitical conscience about the environment, etc., and that represents hope for the future. It's the ones hooked into hypermaterialism, virtual reality and constant high-intensity stimulation that are affecting our culture negatively. I don't pay hardly any attention to trendy popular music, only non-mainstream/non-commercial music and there's plenty of it available.

Last edited:
Yes. I missed the cut off for X. Born in '82.
Yea you are a Millennial. Oh well...

Maybe if you watch a whole bunch of Superfriends episodes and listen to Motley Crue us Gen Xers might let you in :p

Let's get one thing straight: I don't "hate" Millennials. Some have strong sociopolitical conscience about the environment, etc., and that represents hope for the future. It's the ones hooked into hypermaterialism and constant high-intensity gratification that are affecting our culture negatively. I don't pay hardly any attention to trendy popular music, only non-mainstream/non-commercial music and there's plenty of it available.
I have nothing against Millennials. Some are very good friends of mine and others I want to punch in the head. Just like every other cohort.

The Gen Zs have their work cut out for them

I have nothing against Millennials. Some are very good friends of mine and others I want to punch in the head. Just like every other cohort.

The Gen Zs have their work cut out for them
I almost hate to ask, but what worries you about the Gen Zs?

And freakin' Motley Crue? Ugh. Had you said Iron Maiden you might have scored some points.

Look, all this generational talk is bullshyt. Parents were called old fogies because they were shocked at young women and their fashion in 1900.

history-womens-swimwear-progression.jpg

going beserk and accusing a Patriot fan of stupidity or improper fanship because of age is ridiculous. You either ARE or you are NOT a Patriot fan. A brotherhood. If you have a problem with the age of certain members of THIS demographic, perhaps you can go quietly **** yourself. If you want to cast blame on any human who has lived longer than you, you're on the wrong site for the wrong reason. END OF STORY.

I almost hate to ask, but what worries you about the Gen Zs?

And freakin' Motley Crue? Ugh. Had you said Iron Maiden you might have scored some points.
I think this generation is soft as ****. Since I'm the parent of 3 of them, it concern me.

Love the Crue. Love Maiden too. Anything 80s I'm on board with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back