PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 QB

Part of what makes watching Jones so frustrating now is that he was doing things like this as a rookie.

I agree. Mac and Zappe seem to be the same. As long as they are closely managed and executing a standard play, they are fine. When either has to execute outside the original play, or when the defense surprises them, or when the pocket collapses, they choke. Mac panics and throws off his back foot while Zappe stares down one reciever and tries to force the pass to that reciever.

We need a QB that has guts and is fearless and who can make something happen when everything else is not perfect.

I think Mac needs to be done as our QB, but I feel bad for him having 3 OC's in 3 years and one of them was Matt Patricia. His development has been hampered by The Patriots.

As for toughness, Daniels and Penix look like the toughest of the top qb prospects.
They're both skinny but tough. Also have frames capable of adding muscle.
You don't want them bulking up too much. Think Brady.
Good points that's a Great Trait to have coming in the NFL people are sleeping on Penix Jr...I love Daniels.

Maye looks like a exact clone of Herbert looks and everything else. I was getting Trubisky vibes but a poster sold me on his abilities much better prospect way more talented. Great year for QB's and WR's.

Part of what makes watching Jones so frustrating now is that he was doing things like this as a rookie.
Threw a great deep ball at Alabama too. I’m guessing when your offense is so far above the rest, you have plenty of time and having two NFL receivers tracking the ball vs trash cbs sure put a blind fold on a lot of us.

Maye looks like a exact clone of Herbert looks and everything else. I was getting Trubisky vibes but a poster sold me on his abilities much better prospect way more talented. Great year for QB's and WR's.
Sometimes you just have to let the process play out. His competition wasn’t all that great but he does have the look. Way too early to be putting real grades up there just yet. Still have the bowls, sr bowl, combines, pd’s, interviews to evaluate these players.

Our team just sucks on offense and we got nothing better to do.

No QB faces tougher defense at all levels than SEC QBs. Mac wasn't immune from this. His game is now on a psychiatrist's couch. Daniels is for real.

No QB faces tougher defense at all levels than SEC QBs. Mac wasn't immune from this. His game is now on a psychiatrist's couch. Daniels is for real.

Maye's competition was not a great - you are right. But his weapons were a lot worse too.

Looking at Daniels' highlights, the first time he looks to his second read is at about the 2 minute mark. I did not watch all six minutes, but Daniels stared down his first read and threw to pretty wide open receivers. He does not look panicky and he runs very well. Not a rocket arm, like Maye.

Maye's competition was not a great - you are right. But his weapons were a lot worse too.

Looking at Daniels' highlights, the first time he looks to his second read is at about the 2 minute mark. I did not watch all six minutes, but Daniels stared down his first read and threw to pretty wide open receivers. He does not look panicky and he runs very well. Not a rocket arm, like Maye.

Daniels was throwing to Two Elite guys didn't have to look further. Good points I notice he has a ok arm too. That said Maye has a Bledsoe type arm.

Daniels was throwing to Two Elite guys didn't have to look further. Good points I notice he has a ok arm too. That said Maye has a Bledsoe type arm.
Bledsoe had a great arm, but lacked in anticipation, or reading the field. He is one of my favorite Patriots but I thought a lot of times he was throwing late.

Bledsoe had a great arm, but lacked in anticipation, or reading the field. He is one of my favorite Patriots but I thought a lot of times he was throwing late.
Yes, Bledsoe was so frustrating because sometimes he was excellent and other times he was a tick too late. He could not read the defense and throw with anticipation. Great points.

For McCarthy fans click the link, it will work.

For McCarthy fans click the link, it will work.

I thought JJ was fine against OSU. Against Iowa I dont think michigan was really showing anything as they didnt need to.

His tools are really good obviously but QB is so much more than that. If Jim came here and picked JJ, Id have all the confidence in the world it was the right selection

Breer, so take it with a grain of salt.
"Now, there's not universal agreement on Jayden Daniels. I did have one area scout I talked to this morning countered by saying he sees Drake Maye as a Pro Bowl type of prospect with a Dak Prescott floor and a Justin Herbert ceiling, while he sees Daniels' ceiling as a system type of starter similar to how Jimmy Garoppolo or Kirk Cousins had to go to a place that fit them."

"The bottom line is Jayden Daniels has made up a lot of ground," Breer said. "And so a lot of the teams that are going to be in the quarterback market that may have had one idea about who Jayden Daniels was back in July and August during the early draft meetings, are gonna come out of the next few months with a very different picture of who the LSU star is and where the Heisman Trophy winner might wind up going in April.

"He may have to wait until after Drake Maye, but the wait might not be very long."

Still think Nix is one to consider. Maybe not as flashy as some but has become a very solid QB since the move to Oregon. We shouldn't see "solid" as a bad word.

Still think Nix is one to consider. Maybe not as flashy as some but has become a very solid QB since the move to Oregon. We shouldn't see "solid" as a bad word.
Nix does not have much upside for me and this is a No-Go for a high pick
i would rather keep zappe and select Alt then select Nix and keep playing brown or someone else

Nix does not have much upside for me and this is a No-Go for a high pick
Oh, aye. Not saying Nix with the 1st but I think we should absolutely take a QB in round 1 or 2 and I like Nix ahead of Pennix, McCarthy etc if we miss out on Daniels and others.

Oh, aye. Not saying Nix with the 1st but I think we should absolutely take a QB in round 1 or 2 and I like Nix ahead of Pennix, McCarthy etc if we miss out on Daniels and others.
agree
but honestly if someone like Legette oder Egbuka would be available at the top of the second rd i would prefer them over nix oder penix

agree
but honestly if someone like Legette oder Egbuka would be available at the top of the second rd i would prefer them over nix oder penix
What would your QB room look like? Zappe has done well but there would be a totally different pressure and expectation on him as starter in September. Still think we need a vet (Jacoby?) and a rookie with realistic potential i.e. top 2 rounds.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back