PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Patriots Official Postgame Thread: Week - 14 NE @ PIT

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Did you and Tunescribe scheme up stealing some other dude's profile picture?

Maybe I should go full turtleneck and chain with a gay bird for my profile to play along
Ahhh there’s the other blow hard, was waiting for you to give your 2 cents.

Did you and Tunescribe scheme up stealing some other dude's profile picture?

Maybe I should go full turtleneck and chain with a gay bird for my profile to play along
Speaking of that profile pic @PatsfanTN: Iceman without the shades is just Ray Levoi - a poor substitute.

He’s drunk, guys. He’s just here to disrupt the post game thread. Just put him on ignore.
It’s the best victory of the year. Don’t let this dude ruin it with his off-topic, intoxicated diatribes. The forum has waited too long for this one.

Hey Tomlin Zo wants to ask you over your headset about your team being 0- 2 against McCorkle Jones and Bailey Zappe and just losing your second straight game at home to a 2-10 team.

1702090918848.jpeg

Hey Tomlin Zo wants to ask you over your headset about your team being 0- 2 against McCorkle Jones and Bailey Zappe and just losing your second straight game at home to a 2-10 team.

View attachment 55175
Surprised he didn’t start complaining about a mysterious loss of radio communication.

He's a joke. Amazing he has lasted so long. All style over substance.
The Rooney’s: “I’ll take all style over substance, please. Hold the style.”

Had to stop in and feel the love. So is this now Bailey Zappe's team?

He’s drunk, guys. He’s just here to disrupt the post game thread. Just put him on ignore.
It’s the best victory of the year. Don’t let this dude ruin it with his off-topic, intoxicated diatribes. The forum has waited too long for this one.
No, no one’s ”drunk”, so let’s move on from your narrative., I just don’t agree with how you talk to people in here.
Yes! It’s the best victory of the year, can’t stand the Steelers so I will take this one and enjoy it for sure.

Last edited:
The up front points to be made re this game are pretty simple. The defense stopped an incompetently-quarterbacked and coached team, keeping intact their standing as a very good-but-not-elite defense. They even grabbed a turnover. We got confirmation that our special teams are likewise badly coached. The offense showed, against nearly alol expectations, and behind a surprisingly good qb play (for a time) actual competence, a little fire, scored some damn points for a change. I am painfully aware we have likely damaged our chances of having the highest possible draft pick, but So It Goes. That's about it.

You can't say what the game means without considering it in context:

1) Zappe: If you look at the whole span of Zappe's interestingly chaotic time here - like one of those intermittently extended figures in an old ****oo clock - this game means a lot. The question going in was, "Can Zappe establish himself as worthy of consideration as a solid backup here or elsewhere." I think only the most perfervid Zappeites will claim his worth as a starter is not still in the realm of hope. It turns out, though, that he is capable of playing competent NFL football in a starting role. It is even, given his steady approach and demeanor (At times he's almost weirdly inert), that whatever he can do on a particular occasion, he can likely do consistently going forward. So congratulations to our wandering boy.

2) Mac. I feel sorry for the guy. I think he has been ill-served by incompetent GM/HC work for three years. We may never know what he could have become when properly-handled. That said, he did not respond well to the stresses of the situation. He could be given a try as competition/mentor for a prospective, as some have suggested: He's reasonably cheap, and there MAY be a far better version of himself somewhere in there, but it's probably time to get what you can for him and move on, whenever that may make the most sense. Mac's story is a sad one.

3) The Future: The question most bandied-about will likely be, "Does this mean we keep Bill?" Change-shy types and breathless in-Bill-we-trust fanboys will say yes...of course. I say no. He is an abysmally failed GM and an obviously failing HC. This game alters in no respect the fact that he has to go. He had literally nothing to do with this win: a remarkably resilient bunch of players accomplished that. I shall expect to be insulted for stating again the inconveniently obvious, but the truth as always, bears repeating. I welcome disagareement, of course - this is a discussion site, after all - but for those who feel that that disgareement must take the form of insult, let me offer a firm preemptive Go **** Yourself.
1) At least Zappe appears to be a serviceable QB.

2) The Pats' handling of Mac looks just like teams that we've mocked here for destroying QBs. It was such a poor job that it had me thinking the Pats may have been tanking.

3) The minimum I'd like to see in the future is an entertaining team.

This thread is comedy gold!

My favorite: Why be mediocre when you can be putrid.

After reading the fan reactions from Pittsburgh it looks like the Pats and a few other teams dodged a bullet by not selecting Pickens.

After reading the fan reactions from Pittsburgh it looks like the Pats and a few other teams dodged a bullet by not selecting Pickens.
He still has better stats than Thornton.

I mean you could always ignore his posts or use the ignore button like it was intended..
People whining about other posters are at least to me the most annoying thing there is.

I enjoy the victory lap @PATS16N0 is having currently. The toxicity is off the charts
The same thing occurs with me on the golf course with one of my friends. He complains on every tee about how slow the group is in front of us. His complaining makes the slow play even worse.

And this guy is as die hard a Brady hater as there is in the Pitt media.

The Pats just can’t win enough against that team in front of their delusional fans and media. I’m just disappointed last night wasn’t a doubleheader cause we’d beat them again.
I've been listening to bs from a Steeler fan since the schedule came out. He was so sure recently that they were going to win this game he started mocking the Pats. I can't wait to see him.

1) At least Zappe appears to be a serviceable QB.

2) The Pats' handling of Mac looks just like teams that we've mocked here for destroying QBs. It was such a poor job that it had me thinking the Pats may have been tanking.

3) The minimum I'd like to see in the future is an entertaining team.
Disagree with #2. Mac was given every opportunity here. Too many, to be fair.. It’s over because he’s really, really bad and has low-character.
Zappe has been treated much worse and did fine. Two of his starting wins even came under OC Patricia, who I don’t think was the problem.

Agree completely with point #3.

It's fun to read Pitt (and Dallas) forums every now and then. Their criticism of their own team is withering and quite entertaining.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back