PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 PostGame Thread: Patriots Lose to Jets 17-3

Immediate Postgame Reactions
We're already bad now...

Do you trust Belichick to rebuild this offense? Honest question.
No Way GIF

Slater: I saw no quit in BB this season. As a team we are a reflection of our coach and we competed to the end regardless of our record and circumstances around us. A lot of that can be contributed to the man sterring the ship. This week it was like Bill was getting us ready for an AFC Championship game. Especially in a year like this that gets a lot of respect. You find out who people really are in moments like this.

Whoever Kraft picks to coach with the next shiny QB, trust me, we gonna win it all. Just ask most from this board.
Kraft made ONE good decision, and that was hiring BB.

He left Brady and BB out to dry during Spygate and Deflategate.

His legacy may be defined by how he handles BB’s future.

Imagine BB goes to the Rats, for no compensation, and he FINALLY gets a SB win for them.

What can you say that you were able to accomplish for the future of this team?

Slater: There's a lot of players on this team that have to learn how to win. Maybe this year was necessary for this team to learn how to win and learn what it takes to get to winning - the commitment and sacrifice that goes into it. Sometimes you have to be broken down to rise again.

Interesting comment.
Speaks for a lack of real team leadership to get the players motivated. Teammates may respect Slater, but he’s a special teams guy. Where’s the Rodney, Tedy, Willie, Ty, Lawyer, Tom, and Julian to force the message to the current players? It’s really only Andrews, and it’s easy to see his frustration.

All the people desperate to see Bill gone are going to have a helluva reality check with a new regime, I fear.

Look, if the Herald story is true, he has to go, but it’s pretty clear to me that that story was a crap piece just from the news on Klemm.
I am willing to risk winning less than 4 games with a new regime.

This is such a lazy take.

This 100%.

The Bears would be foolish to move on from Fields. They invested in the last 3 years in his development, it would be stupid to cut bait when it is starting to pay off. Take Harrison to help him. MHJ and Moore is a very good 1-2 and if Fields doesn’t pan out you probably in a position to draft a QB next year and have a lot offensive talent around your new QB.

The Pats should be able to trade to one.
Trading up from #3 to #1 is something Carolina would do.

The #3 pick is a boon, don’t waste it.

Kraft bet on the wrong horse. And one of his main problems is he's cheap.
He said he would’ve matched the Bucs offer, but Tom wanted to leave.
They need to start over from square one. Anyone on staff or front office related to the BB era needs to go.
That would be something if Mayo goes from passing up a HC interview to return to NE without any new titles, only to be shown the door one year later.

Yeah, the Bears best play would be to trade down from 1 to 4, let the other teams take the QBs, grab Harrison at 4 and keep the loot to build the rest of their team.
The lower they can trade down is 3. Arizona is at 4 and they would want Harrison too

Zappe proved what most of us knew since last year - he's not the guy.
Mac proved what many of us didn't know for sure last year - he's not the guy.
Let's find a GUY!
Easier said then done.

We need better production and fewer turnovers from the QB position. Let’s not get greedy.

Draft a QB with our first pick, bring in a veteran to be the gap starter (How about Nick Foles?), bring back two of the three guys we got now, and another camp body free agent or low pick.

But this team has significant holes to fill. And we may need a stout DL if Lawrence Guy retires or leaves.

Is it April yet? Lol

I am willing to risk winning less than 4 games with a new regime.

This is such a lazy take.
You're willing to lose more, just in spite of BB. I'm perplexed!!! That's a worse take IMO

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back