PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Week 5 - New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we spent the money all 60 million on these below average receivers

Said by someone who was dead wrong about Mac.

Who cares if I am wrong or right. I want the Pats to win.

Congratulations on your Super Bowl win. Fans like you are the worst. Celebrating the failures of this team. Pathetic.

Is Cardona concussed?

Getting to the point where every snap is a hold your breath moment waiting for something bad to happen. Even our long snaps have looked brutal. Tough to watch.

This team is just going through the motions at this point. No belief in themselves or their teammates. Just trying to not get hurt

Send Cardona to Israel in a Naval Ship
Funny GIF

Yawn. I haven’t said anything to defend Mac in the last game or this game.
Oh no.

Giving your nephew his option isn't defending him at all.

I don't care - I despite the addition of Parker and I dislike extending him even more. Just mind-boggling how many times we have to watch moments like that.

The people like yourself who are mad at Mac will be part of the avalanche of people who will really destroy Belichick down the line if Mac goes on to be successful elsewhere. They'll kill him for not only letting go of Brady, but then setting his successor up for failure for the lack of offensive line and receiver talent around him. Should be exciting.
The ratio of blame here goes about 20% Mac, 80% Bill imo. This is a little unfair to Mac, of course, given he was afforded so little opportunity to show what he can do (by Bill, that is). I just don't see how Bill the GM is not very largely responsible for this s--t show. If it costs us Bill the HC to get rid of Bill the GM, so be it. I feel sorry for Mac given how poorly he has been handled, but if I set that aside, I can't honestly say there's a lot of evidence he's a "franchise qb." I wish we knew, but we really don't, so the new GM will just have to guess.

Cardona is the highest paid, and possibly the worst, long snapper in the NFL. Why? Bill's Navy obsession.

He was for awhile the best. In fact I'd say until this year he was solid. Had the fastest longsnap in the NFL by a long shot.

Edit: to be clear, not disagreeing, just this _was_ why. Not so much "is" now.

Legitimate chance this team starts 1-7, if that happens you owe it to the franchise to consider pulling the plug on the final 9 games and suffering 9 bad weeks to fix the quarterback situation for 10-15 years.

if that means firing bill mid season, so be it. you know he has too much pride to tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes