PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

Eh, I just want a top QB. If Mac ain't it, it would be a coup to have a top guy picked in the 3rd round just because he has a very bad injury.

Hooker might still go earlier than the 3rd round... A lot earlier...

Wild Trade, on Draft Day.
Pats send Mac Jones to Ravens, for 2023 and 2024 2nd Rounders.
Everybody thinks BB lost his mind.
Signs Lamar Jackson May 1st, so they can keep this years 1st Round pick.
Ravens have till July 17th to sign Jackson, well after the Draft. Teams will use 2024 and 2025 1st Round picks for him.
This to me, makes so much sense. Play with Contract this year, to push the money next year when it will be a higher Cap.
80% of First Round Picks stink anyway. Total Crap shoot for a proven stud.

Wild Trade, on Draft Day.
Pats send Mac Jones to Ravens, for 2023 and 2024 2nd Rounders.
Everybody thinks BB lost his mind.
Signs Lamar Jackson May 1st, so they can keep this years 1st Round pick.
Ravens have till July 17th to sign Jackson, well after the Draft. Teams will use 2024 and 2025 1st Round picks for him.
This to me, makes so much sense. Play with Contract this year, to push the money next year when it will be a higher Cap.
80% of First Round Picks stink anyway. Total Crap shoot for a proven stud.
They have until 7/17 to sign him to a long-term deal. He can play on the tag as long as he signs by Week 10 or so.

But right now, they can't do anything until he signs his tender. And that means, right now, Bill would have to find some way to give Jackson an offer he'd sign while still fitting into the Pats' current cap. On top of that BAL can match almost any offer and save cap space this year.

(And no poison pills are allowed.)

Latest effort, a 4 rounder on PFN:

• Traded 14 for 23 and Dalvin Cook
• Traded 23 and 76 for 25, 57, and 89

25. Darnell Wright
46. Mazi Smith
56. Emmanuel Forbes
89. Tyler Scott
107. Henry To’o To’o
117. Ricky Stromberg
135. Luke Schoonmaker

Latest effort, a 4 rounder on PFN:

• Traded 14 for 23 and Dalvin Cook
• Traded 23 and 76 for 25, 57, and 89

25. Darnell Wright
46. Mazi Smith
56. Emmanuel Forbes
89. Tyler Scott
107. Henry To’o To’o
117. Ricky Stromberg
135. Luke Schoonmaker

I like the second trade... But Cook will cash $11M in paychecks this season; I wouldn't trade for him under those conditions.

PFN: Traded 14 for 29 and 40 with New Orleans, traded 76 and 245 for 86 and 139 with Denver (they got 86 from Baltimore at some point).

29. Anton Harrison - OT Oklahoma
40. Mazi Smith - DT Michigan
46. Luke Muskgrave - TE Oregon State
86. Sam LaPorta - TE Iowa
107. Jonathan Mingo - WR Ole Miss
117. DJ Johnson - EDGE Oregon
135. Carrington Valentine - CB Kentucky
139. Bryce Ford-Wheaton - WR West Virginia
184. Dorian Thompson-Robinson - QB UCLA
187. Jarrett Patterson - OC Notre Dame
192. Cameron Mitchell - CB Northwestern
210. DeWayne McBride - RB UAB

Tried to address obvious needs (OL, TE, WR, CB) while also planning for the future (Edge, OC, RB) and adding development projects (Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Dorian Thompson-Robinson).

pfn-logo-black

• NE

Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

• Too rare a talent to pass up in the middle. He was also BPA

• NE

Cedric Tillman
    WR Tennessee

• Didn't intend to draft a WR, but he was just too good to pass up. Besides none of the CB's and OT's I thought were worth the pick were available BPA
  • NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• I think this kid can be the pick of our draft.- 6'3 long arms. pedestrian 4.5 forty, but an outstanding 6.6 3-cone. But most important he has position versatility. He COULD be everything we hope when we got JWilliams. He's got the size and quickness to cover TE's he's possibly a boundary guy at his best, but if he has the smarts and instinct and it doesn't work out at CB
  • NE

Carter Warren
    OT Pittsburgh

• We need an OT and I've been hearing good things about this kid. Missed most of this season after 3 years of starting. Worth a shot here.
  • NE

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• This was a need pick. See him like Detrich Wise. tall 276 with some explosion.
  • NE

Mohamoud Diabate
    LB Utah

• Looking for that tall fast ILB with speed. Overshawn was my first choice, but he was gone.
  • NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State
  • BOB is gonna need a FB, and this kid has some RB skills as well as good hands.

OBA_TRANS.png

• NE

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

• I believe that you should always keep drafting QB's each year regardless who you have now. DTR looks like a guy who can at least give you a great guy to run the scout team when you are playing Lamar. Taking a shot.
  • NE

Brandon Kipper
    OG Oregon State

• Wanted to draft an IOLman, this was as good a time as any. It would be someone Klemm would be familiar with at least.
  • NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma

• We NEED a punter and why wait and hope the one you want will want to come here. We had a ton of picks already, just grab the BPunterA

FULL RESULTS
START NEW SIM

I used PFN for this, and... uh... let's just say that I'm a little skeptical that things would turn out this way, but I wouldn't complain.

Trade #14 and #76 to Washington for #16 and #47.
Trade #16 to Pittsburgh for #17 and #80.

17. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
46. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
Trade #47 and #184 to Denver for #67 and #68.
67. Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
Trade #68 and #192 to Washington for #76 and #118.
76. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
80. Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama
107. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
117. Riley Moss, DB, Iowa
118. Jacqueline Roy, DT, LSU
135. Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan
187. Kendre Miller, RB, Texas Christian
210. Alex Forsyth, G/C, Oregon
245. Jake Witt, OT, Northern Michigan

PFN: Traded 14 for 29 and 40 with New Orleans, traded 76 and 245 for 86 and 139 with Denver (they got 86 from Baltimore at some point).

29. Anton Harrison - OT Oklahoma
40. Mazi Smith - DT Michigan
46. Luke Muskgrave - TE Oregon State
86. Sam LaPorta - TE Iowa
107. Jonathan Mingo - WR Ole Miss
117. DJ Johnson - EDGE Oregon
135. Carrington Valentine - CB Kentucky
139. Bryce Ford-Wheaton - WR West Virginia
184. Dorian Thompson-Robinson - QB UCLA
187. Jarrett Patterson - OC Notre Dame
192. Cameron Mitchell - CB Northwestern
210. DeWayne McBride - RB UAB

Tried to address obvious needs (OL, TE, WR, CB) while also planning for the future (Edge, OC, RB) and adding development projects (Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Dorian Thompson-Robinson).

Really like the first two picks & Mingo... Don't know if I would use 46 on Musgrave, however; if all of Zay Flowers, Dalton Kincaid & Darnell Washington are off the board, then I might consider using that pick on one of the LBs, or seeing if CB Emmanuel Forbes is still available...

pfn-logo-black

• NE

Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

• NE

Cedric Tillman
    WR Tennessee

• Didn't intend to draft a WR, but he was just too good to pass up. Besides none of the CB's and OT's I thought were worth the pick were available BPA
  • NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• I think this kid can be the pick of our draft.- 6'3 long arms. pedestrian 4.5 forty, but an outstanding 6.6 3-cone. But most important he has position versatility. He COULD be everything we hope when we got JWilliams. He's got the size and quickness to cover TE's he's possibly a boundary guy at his best, but if he has the smarts and instinct and it doesn't work out at CB
  • NE

Carter Warren
    OT Pittsburgh

• We need an OT and I've been hearing good things about this kid. Missed most of this season after 3 years of starting. Worth a shot here.
  • NE

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• This was a need pick. See him like Detrich Wise. tall 276 with some explosion.
  • NE

Mohamoud Diabate
    LB Utah

• Looking for that tall fast ILB with speed. Overshawn was my first choice, but he was gone.
  • NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State
  • BOB is gonna need a FB, and this kid has some RB skills as well as good hands.

OBA_TRANS.png

• NE

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

• I believe that you should always keep drafting QB's each year regardless who you have now. DTR looks like a guy who can at least give you a great guy to run the scout team when you are playing Lamar. Taking a shot.
  • NE

Brandon Kipper
    OG Oregon State

• Wanted to draft an IOLman, this was as good a time as any. It would be someone Klemm would be familiar with at least.
  • NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma

• We NEED a punter and why wait and hope the one you want will want to come here. We had a ton of picks already, just grab the BPunterA

FULL RESULTS
START NEW SIM

Don't want a DT with a previous ACL tear, especially at #14. Still remember Easley.

Don't want a DT with a previous ACL tear, especially at #14. Still remember Easley.
I get the Easley fears, but, if I understand it correctly, Bresee's injury was a 'simple' ACL that has healed. Didn't Easley have a chronic knee problem? Easley was a decent pick btw, I always thought that he was a all or nothing kind of pick. Unfortunately his knee didn't hold up, BUT he DID have a good rookie year, IIRC, then his knee AND attitude took a bad turn and so did his football career.

Thanks for the comment, now I have something MORE to think about.

pfn-logo-black

• NE

Bryan Bresee
    DT Clemson

• NE

Cedric Tillman
    WR Tennessee

• NE

Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• NE

Carter Warren
    OT Pittsburgh

• NE

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• NE

Mohamoud Diabate
    LB Utah

• NE

Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State

• NE

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB UCLA

• NE

Brandon Kipper
    OG Oregon State

• NE

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma

FULL RESULTS
START NEW SIM
there is a policy for mock drafts here made by @JarOfMayo51 (joking)
I like your strategy for BPA here with the Bresee selection, Luke van Ness i would consider at 14 as well

there is a policy for mock drafts here made by @JarOfMayo51 (joking)
I like your strategy for BPA here with the Bresee selection, Luke van Ness i would consider at 14 as well
I'm kind of getting past the immediate CB at all costs thing at 14. Witherspoon is the only one I'd pick there. I think all the real first tier OT's, will be gone but there are a lot of guys I like that BCG would call 1B that will be there in the first 3-4 rounds. The guy I'm currently excited about is Brents. 6'4 CB with an 6.6 3cone. His size, arm length and quickness will make up for his average 4.5 straight ahead speed. I used to get him all the time in the 3rd, but I think he's going to be a 2nd rounder.

The fact that their will be some very good CB, OT's TE's and WR's in that sweet spot of the low first to third rounds I starting to move toward hoping for a trade down to add another 2nd while keeping our 3rd. Once I got a nice trade for a short trade down for their 2nd and our first 4th. The other trade that intrigued me was a BIG trade down to the Cards at 50 and their 4th a 2nd next year, AND Budda Baker..

Getting a PROVEN all pro safety would be a great trade for a position of need. In that scenario, you could keep Mills a CB (where he was very good imho) and lessen the need at the CB position They are all interesting.

But in the end a LOT will depend on their evaluations. I look at Van Ness as someone who can be a Bossa-like impact player, though I saying this based on his combine numbers and a few highlight clips. I'm hoping the Pats will be making choices based on more than that. ;)

I used PFN for this, and... uh... let's just say that I'm a little skeptical that things would turn out this way, but I wouldn't complain.

Trade #14 and #76 to Washington for #16 and #47.
Trade #16 to Pittsburgh for #17 and #80.

17. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
46. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
Trade #47 and #184 to Denver for #67 and #68.
67. Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
Trade #68 and #192 to Washington for #76 and #118.
76. Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
80. Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama
107. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
117. Riley Moss, DB, Iowa
118. Jacqueline Roy, DT, LSU
135. Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan
187. Kendre Miller, RB, Texas Christian
210. Alex Forsyth, G/C, Oregon
245. Jake Witt, OT, Northern Michigan

LOVE the first 7 picks.

Did a pre-game mock on PFN earlier today after they updated things from Friday... No help at all for next year, which is what happens when you don't trade down from either 14 or 46 and make just a small one from 76 to 78:

• 14. Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois

• 46. Darnell Washington TE Georgia

• 78. Jaelyn Duncan LT Maryland

• 107. Jonathan Mingo WR Mississippi

• 117. Isaiah McGuire DE Missouri

• 140. Cory Trice Jr. DB Purdue

• 149. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas

• 170. Juice Scruggs C/G Penn State

• 190. Ronnie Bell WR Michigan

• 201. YaYa Diaby DE Louisville

• 210. Chamarri Conner DB Virginia Tech

• 222. Evan Hull 3DB Northwestern

• 229. Earl Bostick Jr. LT Kansas

• 232. Jerrod Clark NT Coastal Carolina

• 2024 ATL 7th (2024 LV 6th traded)

Still managed to finish with 14 picks: 3 OLmen, 2 WRs, 1 RB, 1TE, 3 DBs, 3 ED/LBs, and one Beef Curtain from Dorchestah MA... Zero Special olympics Teamers as well.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back