PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

The mocks & big boards are starting to really come into focus now as we enter the final four weeks of the draft process; so with most of the pro days complete, here's the first of a weekly series, courtesy as usual of PFN:
  • 24. Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State

• 46. Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma

• 56. Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

• 78. Derick Hall EDGE Auburn

• 107. Daiyan Henley LB Washington State

• 121. Ricky Stromberg C/G Arkansas

• 135. Michael Wilson WR Stanford

• 158. Riley Moss DB Iowa

• 170. Jaxson Kirkland OT Washington

• 184. Payne Durham TE Purdue

• 204. Nick Herbig LB/EDGE Wisconsin

• 207. Chamarri Conner DB Virginia Tech

• 211. Evan Hull RB Northwestern

• 220. Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina via Dorchester MA

• 2024 MIN 2nd
  • 2024 GB 4th
  • 2024 JAX 7th
  • 2024 NE 7th

• As one can see, I like to trade, a lot... Too bad the trade links don't work when the results are copied & pasted.

Last edited:
The mocks & big boards are starting to really come into focus now as we enter the final four weeks of the draft process; so with most of the pro days complete, here's the first of a weekly series, courtesy as usual of PFN:
  • 24. Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State

• 46. Anton Harrison LT Oklahoma

• 56. Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

This would be a dream draft, but it is too good to be true, alas.

I just do not see how Forbes lasts that long. Remember that everyone is hurting for CBs. WRs are a dime a dozen, but CBs like Forbes do not come along very often. I'll betcha nickle he does not even last to 46.

This would be a dream draft, but it is too good to be true, alas.

I just do not see how Forbes lasts that long. Remember that everyone is hurting for CBs. WRs are a dime a dozen, but CBs like Forbes do not come along very often. I'll betcha nickle he does not even last to 46.

Yeah I don't expect many - make that ANY - of these picks to be available where I took them either.

Did a full 7 round mock with 2 or 3 reps for each team. Here is a link to the full draft. The players we picked for the Pats.

14- Devon Witherspoon
29- Dawand Jones
76- Sam LaPorta
115- Jonathan Mingo
155- Charlie Jones
189- Brandon Joseph
192- Ali Gaye
245- Adam Korsak.

Would love to know what you guy think? What picks did you like? What picks should I have done differently?

Did a full 7 round mock with 2 or 3 reps for each team. Here is a link to the full draft. The players we picked for the Pats.

14- Devon Witherspoon
29- Dawand Jones
76- Sam LaPorta
115- Jonathan Mingo
155- Charlie Jones
189- Brandon Joseph
192- Ali Gaye
245- Adam Korsak.

Would love to know what you guy think? What picks did you like? What picks should I have done differently?

Don't like the Dawand Jones pick for us at 29, at all.

And no draft picks on Special olympics Teamers!

Don't like the Dawand Jones pick for us at 29, at all.

And no draft picks on Special olympics Teamers!
The way tackles flew off the board was wild. Skoronski, Jones, Johnson jr. and Harrison all gone by 14. Darnell Wright gone at 28. Are there other tackles you like outside the top 6?

This is by far my favorite mock draft so far, but unfortunately dont think its very realistic because i did a few trades (traded back from 14 to 19 for starters), and OT Paris i highly doubt will be there at 19 lol

but still, I think @BaconGrundleCandy would be proud of this one, I used his PTP board for this one

1680478989362.png

these were the trades (i use paid subscription of Fanspeak, so the trades are very accurate in terms of fair value, but highly unpredictable). I used a lot of late round picks to move up into 3rd and 4th round to get guys i coveted (and i could see that happening for real with Patriots draft).

1680479034693.png

- Paris addresses LT need long term
- Darnell gives us a mountain at TE that is exceptional inline blocker and would be a redzone nightmare. Wouldnt have ton of pressure with 2 veterans ahead of him
- Cam Smith is one of the top CB prospects.. had a few choices here, I was very tempted by Julius Brents at 6'4" but hes a bit slower (although his tape is full of him being a very willing tackler, i could see him at Safety in NFL)
- Joe Tippman was a star center at Wisconsin.. he could come in as a rookie behind Andrews and provide depth at G/C.. he would be our future, and would be more stout than Andrews in the center of the line
- Took 2 WR prospects in Rnd 4 and 5, hoping one or both stick
- Sewell is a really good LB prospect, doubt he falls to Round 4 but youj never know

Still doesnt address a stud #1 WR, but we could still do a trade to make that happen

Last edited:
This is by far my favorite mock draft so far, but unfortunately dont think its very realistic because i did a few trades (traded back from 14 to 19 for starters), and OT Paris i highly doubt will be there at 19 lol

but still, I think @BaconGrundleCandy would be proud of this one, I used his PTP board for this one

View attachment 50722

these were the trades (i use paid subscription of Fanspeak, so the trades are very accurate in terms of fair value, but highly unpredictable). I used a lot of late round picks to move up into 3rd and 4th round to get guys i coveted (and i could see that happening for real with Patriots draft).

View attachment 50724
Great one for sure.
- Paris addresses LT need long term
Yup
- Darnell gives us a mountain at TE that is exceptional inline blocker and would be a redzone nightmare. Wouldnt have ton of pressure with 2 veterans ahead of him
yup
- Cam Smith is one of the top CB prospects.. had a few choices here, I was very tempted by Julius Brents at 6'4" but hes a bit slower (although his tape is full of him being a very willing tackler, i could see him at Safety in NFL)
Glad you mentioned this bc Brents is someone that is going sooner imo. He's CB3/4 for me. I started grading the other night. Still have corners but I have a good idea, I should it's my own little system lol but he'll go top 30-40 I think. His back pedal, footwork and hands in close quarters are really good. He ties up targets at their waist at times. Scheme versatile. Very smart. Plus run defender with plus length. I love Cam so I'm not mad at all!! Good choice but Brents will be sought after as that outside boundary and possibly for us.

- Joe Tippman was a star center at Wisconsin.. he could come in as a rookie behind Andrews and provide depth at G/C.. he would be our future, and would be more stout than Andrews in the center of the line
I would be thrilled with any of the big 3 as our 4th pick! That's a starter imo so great value. I know these things aren't realistic but great choice.
- Took 2 WR prospects in Rnd 4 and 5, hoping one or both stick
Mingo is a big slot with X potential and i like TP a lot.
- Sewell is a really good LB prospect, doubt he falls to Round 4 but youj never know
Not bad at all for where you got him.
Still doesnt address a stud #1 WR, but we could still do a trade to make that happen
This was a A. Youll never solve all the problems in one setting but this was a smash. OL gets better by extension of Washington too. Cam or Brents is a starter and immediately makes our secondary a lot better. Nice one.

Glad you mentioned this bc Brents is someone that is going sooner imo. He's CB3/4 for me. I started grading the other night. Still have corners but I have a good idea, I should it's my own little system lol but he'll go top 30-40 I think. His back pedal, footwork and hands in close quarters are really good. He ties up targets at their waist at times. Scheme versatile. Very smart. Plus run defender with plus length. I love Cam so I'm not mad at all!! Good choice but Brents will be sought after as that outside boundary and possibly for us.

Interesting about Brents.. i was really, really close to choosing him over Cam, but Cam had a 4.42 40 and Brents had a 4.53

Brents is an enormous CB

Interesting about Brents.. i was really, really close to choosing him over Cam, but Cam had a 4.42 40 and Brents had a 4.53

Brents is an enormous CB
Honestly I can dig either one.

With Cam it's probably more of a week to week matchup thing. Where we might matchup a little different. As opposed to having a big boundary like Talib, Browner, Gilmore etc

I think Forbes and Banks are two others that'll be looked at hard. Again Forbes the classic boundary with size 6'3 and quicks 1.49 - 2.53 - 4.35 on his 10 - 20 - 40 is pretty nice.

Banks tested out of this world too.
1.45 - 2.47 - 4.35 with a 42 vert and 11'4 jump. Played in a bunch of different roles. I think Bill would love to have him as a little project but he does need some real work. Love his attitude and demeanor. Has to improve in run support but he's shown a good enough of a sample you can work with. Just a talented, deep group. I think we see a ton go top 100.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back