PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

Honestly I can dig either one.

With Cam it's probably more of a week to week matchup thing. Where we might matchup a little different. As opposed to having a big boundary like Talib, Browner, Gilmore etc

I think Forbes and Banks are two others that'll be looked at hard. Again Forbes the classic boundary with size 6'3 and quicks 1.49 - 2.53 - 4.35 on his 10 - 20 - 40 is pretty nice.

Banks tested out of this world too.
1.45 - 2.47 - 4.35 with a 42 vert and 11'4 jump. Played in a bunch of different roles. I think Bill would love to have him as a little project but he does need some real work. Love his attitude and demeanor. Has to improve in run support but he's shown a good enough of a sample you can work with. Just a talented, deep group. I think we see a ton go top 100.

How much does Forbes interceptions in college play into the decision? The interceptions seem to me to indicate a game understanding, a next level "seeing" of the WR routes and the field. Since Forbes' number of interceptions are so high, it makes me think he has the "mind" for the position.

Random look back at last year - Nagy nailed it - 2 out of 4, and I for sure thought they were getting Bo Melton late. Guess it might help to be a former Pats scout. Will be curious to see what his thoughts are this year.

Honestly I can dig either one.

With Cam it's probably more of a week to week matchup thing. Where we might matchup a little different. As opposed to having a big boundary like Talib, Browner, Gilmore etc

I think Forbes and Banks are two others that'll be looked at hard. Again Forbes the classic boundary with size 6'3 and quicks 1.49 - 2.53 - 4.35 on his 10 - 20 - 40 is pretty nice.

Banks tested out of this world too.
1.45 - 2.47 - 4.35 with a 42 vert and 11'4 jump. Played in a bunch of different roles. I think Bill would love to have him as a little project but he does need some real work. Love his attitude and demeanor. Has to improve in run support but he's shown a good enough of a sample you can work with. Just a talented, deep group. I think we see a ton go top 100.

I like Miami's Tyrique Stevenson in the next wave after the guys above are gone... Might still be available at 46, or even a wee bit later...

I like Miami's Tyrique Stevenson in the next wave after the guys above are gone... Might still be available at 46, or even a wee bit later...
Not sure why you like T Stevenson, his combine was disappointing. I would be shocked if he is not available at 46.

DO NOT WANT!!!

Not sure why you like T Stevenson, his combine was disappointing. I would be shocked if he is not available at 46.

DO NOT WANT!!!

Yeah his twitchiness isn't great, but I still think he'll be drafted somewhere in the late 2nd-early 3rd rounds where Eli Ricks, Julius Brents & Jaylon Jones are taken... DJ Turner will likely go mid 2nd now, closer to where Forbes goes... I also would take Ricks & Brents ahead of Stevenson; but if those two are gone by #76, then he's the best CB left on the board IMO.

Yeah his twitchiness isn't great, but I still think he'll be drafted somewhere in the late 2nd-early 3rd rounds where Eli Ricks, Julius Brents & Jaylon Jones are taken... DJ Turner will likely go mid 2nd now, closer to where Forbes goes... I also would take Ricks & Brents ahead of Stevenson; but if those two are gone by #76, then he's the best CB left on the board IMO.

Some of these guys are approachjng JoeJuan slow - Brents 4.53 40, Ricks 4.60 40. We tried that, too risky for 2nd round. I think Forbes should go late 1st, Turner has the athleticism required. I do not want a tall slow CB.

• First mock of the last month of the draft process, once again and as always courtesy of PFN:

• 18. Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

• 48. Zay Flowers WR Boston College

• 65. Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

• 82. Matthew Bergeron OT Syracuse

• 88. Daiyan Henley LB Washington State

• 107. Zach Harrison EDGE Ohio State

• 121. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss

• 135. Jon Gaines II C/G UCLA

• 152. Riley Moss CB Iowa

• 161. Jaxson Kirkland OT Washington

• 179. YaYa Diaby EDGE Louisville

• 202. Evan Hull RB Northwestern

• 226. Chamarri Conner FS Virginia Tech

• 252. Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina via Dorchestah MA

• 2024 TB 4th
  • 2024 JAX 5th
  • 2024 CAR 6th (LV 6th traded)
Wasn't able to get us as much help for next year's draft this time around, in case we need to go QB-shopping again.

unfortunately not a top cb because i did value others higher , but i think we havew a top de, starting rt, starting lb and future replacement for andrews and instant better C/G backup upgrade

1680725966988.png

This mock by a CBS Sports writer Chris Trapasso that came out Thursday, April 6, has us taking CB Deonte Banks at 14 with a couple notable guys still on the board such as Christian Gonzalez and Broderick Jones.

What the…?

Well, I have said with his solid physique, 6’ height, and elite Combine performance he will go much earlier than we suspected even three weeks ago.

This mock by a CBS Sports writer Chris Trapasso that came out Thursday, April 6, has us taking CB Deonte Banks at 14 with a couple notable guys still on the board such as Christian Gonzalez and Broderick Jones.

What the…?

Well, I have said with his solid physique, 6’ height, and elite Combine performance he will go much earlier than we suspected even three weeks ago.
OTOH Trapasso is/was so bad that for a while the NFL draft reddit banned CBSSports mocks.

I went back to check Captain Stone’s mock, which is great. But no QB.

Aren’t we doing that?

What the…?

That's absolutely ****ing Stoopid, taking Banks ahead of Gonzo or Broderick Jones. That is never, EVER happening.

lol the player rankings i used for this draft were obviously off a lot.. the one from kansas city fandom site had Quentin Johnston at #1 overall lolol

still, this is a nice wet dream draft that has no realistic chance of happening.. at least in the mid to later rounds.. rounds 1-3 could be realistic

a lot of people have juilius brents rated really, really low.. he was like 177 or higher in this one lol, i could have got him over Banks, so highly unrealistic starting around Rnd 4

1680833356163.png

1680833237651.png

1680833436955.png

For anyone like me that refuses to sign up for a PFF subscription, they made the full 7 round draft with trades available today for free. Here is my mock draft. Went with Gibbs in the second round because I think the Pats would absolutely draft him if he was there at 46, even though I'm not a fan of RB in the first two rounds.

1680885394660.png

Ochaun Mathis is interesting. He’s 6’5” and 250 with a good upper body. But gawd it’s Chicken Legs on his lower half. Could develop Who knows.

That’s a lot of J’s: Jahmyr, Julius, Jordan, Jayden, Jonathan, Jonah, and Adam.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back