PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

e0cf3274be8a3cb92e77cf73f6e31d76.png

What settings are y'all using on the PFF site? Randomness, Position Value, Draft for Needs that is.

Next two picks would then be whichever of LT/CB1/WR were not addressed with my first pick... Unless... Michigan DT Mazi Smith is still available;
he could help me try to forget about Travis Jones from this past year.

Great idea, but I would prefer to sign Payne in FA because Barmore only has 2 more years left on his rookie deal. Mazi might take a year or two to ramp up, Payne and Barmore would be pretty close to peak performance at the same time for the next two years.

Love the Washington pick, and I agree sometimes you have to forget about "need" and pick an outstanding player.

91077FF3-5967-438E-A06C-A517E1793A51.png
Small move up ahead of needy teams to get the best corner in the draft. To my eyes Witherspoon screams perennial pro-bowler. The first round graded tackles also don’t do much for me so I would rather use the first on the best player at a super-premium position than take a mediocre player at need.

Developmental player at an undervalued position with Mazi Smith. The best athlete at his position this year. Pats need a nose and have for a while. Mazi might turn into a poor man’s Vince or might bust. But the second is when you take cats like that.

A legit right tackle in the third. No-brainer.

Very good early down runner to add depth. Likely would be drafted higher if not for playing behind the best player at his position in college. Eye test really pops.

Special teams player with championship game experience in To’oTo’o.

Then just arbitrary crapshoots for IOL depth and special teams.

I would have liked to have had Jack Colletto on there as well but PFF didn’t have him available.

Here you go - the Chevy 2023 Draft Day Live Thread Destroyer

1674762360237.png

pff_mock_results.png
This one had quality players go off the board before 14, then a run on receivers before the first trade down. But the maneuvering secured the draft capital to run around and take some solid value guys. Also managed to come away with a '24 first-round pick from a bad franchise. Forced trades were all >60% probability I just didn't want to faff around with the simulation.

What settings are y'all using on the PFF site? Randomness, Position Value, Draft for Needs that is.

After removing the Default setting, I bump up Positional Value twice while turning down Draft for Needs once, that way they more closely resemble each other... Randomness I usually leave alone or bump up once... There used to be another setting in previous years called PFF Rankings vs ADP, but that one isn't available so far...

1674856075304.png
A lot going on here for mock 2....
- I think Johnston is a steal if we're able to get him. I think we saw how much Mac likes throwing down the field to bigger receivers with Parker this year.
- I like what Campbell brings to the table as a LB. Bentley moving on?
- Gibbs....why not? Brings an element we don't have in passing game out of the backfield.
- Laporta could give us another home grown tight end prospect that can learn the system as Henry/Smith contract out
- Clark Phillips isn't lasting until the 3rd....but if he does we should be all over it
- Joseph is great in coverage and not great in the box....could be a flyer to replace D Mac long term.
- Couple flyers on interior prospects with snapping experience
- Bobo was DTR's top target all year. Coach's Son. Fits the Pats mold.

Basic settings with one trade.

1674892224957.png

Basic settings with one trade.

View attachment 49466

I highly approve of the drafting of a LT & a Center of the Future, and of two CBs & two WRs... I love Mazi Smith, though 46 might be too rich for my blood... I like the Safety Hickman too... At 107 however I would've seen who was still available at DE or LB.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back